Moussa Wague

Donatello

You guys are hilarious. It's like talking to FM kids. If there is big game player in our midfield - it's Rakitić. And Roberto can play against anyone. Would think his Clasico and PSG performances, to name a few, would dissipate whining but no. Flashy toy is what's needed.

I guess he also scored in the CL final against Juve.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We did want a new midfielder. Not just the fans but the board too. None are available. I would not buy either of Rabiot and Pjanic, who were the most probable targets at the time. Splashing 80m on Thiago is unrealistic as well given how much we have spent already in these two years. Buying this kid and making Roberto a CM is the best option really.

Yeah I've kinda conceded that and I won't spend that much on Thiago either. It's kind of frustrating though, especially if Coutinho is played as a winger and not as an AM.

Raketa10

I am afraid that this kid could end up like Marlon. It’s zero risk game for us, buy cheap, give him few chances if he fails Roberto goes back to RB. End of story. I for sure won’t get excited over this one.

Last edited:

Devils

[youtube]ujh5MCcEiwE[/youtube]

This guy is UNREAL. The Senegalese Dani Alves.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I am afraid that this kid could end up like Marlon. It’s zero risk game for us, buy cheap, give him few chances if he fails Roberto goes back to RB. End of story. I for sure won’t get excited over this one.

Dude, he's coming straight out of the Belgian league from - even by their standards - a shit team. I doubt anyone in here are expecting fireworks.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
RIP Mateu Morey's Barca career I guess.

Ah shit, didn't see that Morey had done his meniscus. Makes sense to make this signing I guess.

Last edited:

xXKonan

When it comes to Wague himself there's nothing shady about him.

Has 12 Senegal caps to his name and played in the World cup all at the age of 19 years old. It's another story if he's actually good enough to play for us. But I see this signing as one for the future assuming he ends up being good enough for us.

BBZ8800

1. EV played Roberto as a RB pick no1.
Reports say that Roberto will move to midfield.
So, something is off in this story since we are moving away from our RB pick No1.
2. the new kid has zero experience.
So, I don't believe that he will play anytime soon.
3. EV rotated Roberto and Semedo all the time, and when we had, for example, only Roberto, he was tired later in the season.
This would mean that EV will rotate Semedo and Wague.
Back to a point no2 where this kid needs tons of learning, adjusting and experience, it means that something is "off" again.
4. we have just bought Vidal, which means less time for Roberto as a midfielder.

So, my bet:
Roberto and Semedo will again play 50:50 of matches as a RB.
There is a tiny chance of Roberto playing some matches as a midfielder, if we'll have lots of injuries or if Roberto will play like a GOAT in midfield for some reason.
But not too likely.

So, Roberto and Semedo as fullbacks, and this guy is just another low risk lottery ticket for a distant future.

Home of Barca Fans