Most underrated/Underappreciated players..

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I swear there was a topic way back when, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

So anyway who in your opinion doesn't get enough recognition & goes often under the radar? Just watching the Manchester City game right now & i've found alot of there players are very underrated/Underappreciated & are barely mentioned anywhere. I'll start:

Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
Aleksander Kolarov (Manchester City)
Edin Dzeko (Manchester City)
Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United)
Antonio Valencia (Manchester United)
Nigel De Jong (AC Milan)
Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan)
David Pizarro (Fiorentina)
Mark Van Bommel (PSV)
Miraslov Klose (Lazio)
Hernanes (Lazio) (how this guy doesn't make the call for the Brazil NT is beyond me)
Miccoli (Palermo)
Leighton Baines (Everton)
Jelavic (Everton)
Willian (Shakhtar Donetsk)

There are hundreds more obviously, i'll list them when they come to me, I only really follow the EPL/Serie A, i'm sure there are dozens from the Bundesliga/La Liga.

Last edited:

GiantKiller

Agree about most of the names really, and specially Baines, Hernanes, and De Jong. City could've really used De Jongs' presence in the midfield and how much did Milan get him for? 4M euros? Absolute steal I would say.
Baines is a good left back but, unfortunately for him, gets overshadowed by Ashley Cole.

Also, I don't think Willian should be on the list. He's done a good job making a name for himself and I think one of the top clubs will move for him very soon.

Lastly, I'd like to add Busquets in this list as well. :) ( inb4 Allas :p)

Ode to Django

Agree about most of the names really, and specially Baines, Hernanes, and De Jong. City could've really used De Jongs' presence in the midfield and how much did Milan get him for? 4M euros? Absolute steal I would say.
Baines is a good left back but, unfortunately for him, gets overshadowed by Ashley Cole.

Also, I don't think Willian should be on the list. He's done a good job making a name for himself and I think one of the top clubs will move for him very soon.

Lastly, I'd like to add Busquets in this list as well. :) ( inb4 Allas :p)

Well to be fair to him, Ashley Cole was outstanding last season & in Chelsea's CL run which is probably why. But i actually genuinely think Lieghton Baines is the best LB around atm. I always found De Jong massively underrated at City aswell so yeah it was a complete steal. Too bad he's out for the season with injury. Hernanes is absoloute quality had a rough patch last season for a while but he's on fire atm.

Busquets yeah i suppose, underrated by some but some also overrate him :p (on this board anyway) but yeah feel free to add your own.

GiantKiller

Ah. Huntelaar should be included as well, shouldn't he? Great striker. I'm sure you're a bigger fan of him than I am. Can't believe you forgot about him too. :p

Last edited:

Ode to Django

I was going to include Huntelaar yes, but i think he's being more recognised so i left him out :p

But yeah love the Hunter.

P

PhilS

The Barca candidates for this list are Busquets, Adriano, Masch and Valdes.

Most of the Dortmund team.

GiantKiller

I think Thomas Mueller and Kroos are also candidates. I feel as if they seem to be underrated because of a boom in the quality of Germanys' youngsters.

M

mitkoa7x

I think Thomas Mueller and Kroos are also candidates. I feel as if they seem to be underrated because of a boom in the quality of Germanys' youngsters.

tumblr_lnuhhwBXBD1qg945w.jpg

Tembbi

Dzeko - overrated due to amazing season in Germany and a good start for citizens
Ben Arfa - overrated due to technical abilities
Valencia - good at one thing, so shouldn't be praised a lot

The rest I kind of agree with. Montolivo has been highly praised since the Euros though.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
We all know that Toni Kroos is better than Xavi, the great prophet has said so. One day the rest of the world will come to appreciate his greatness too.

Home of Barca Fans