MLS

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Montreal Impact head coach Jesse Marsch steps down (was forced out), rumor is there was a divide between him and the Italians.

Nesta for player-coach anyone?

impeh

Hi, its me..
A day after the defending champion L.A. Galaxy reached their second straight MLS Cup final, David Beckham has announced that the match will be his last with the club despite having another year left on his contract.

"I've had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy, however, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career," Beckham said. "I don't see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future."

..australia perhaps? been linked with going over there recently.

barcanuck

Hmm maybe Becks will go to PSG, or it's rumored he wants to buy the New York Cosmos. The final should see Galaxy repeat over Dynamo.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls have signed former Brazil international midfielder Juninho Pernambucano.

:worthy:

hes 37 now, but dem freekicks!

iced1776

Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls have signed former Brazil international midfielder Juninho Pernambucano.

:worthy:

hes 37 now, but dem freekicks!

Dude played 50 games for Vasco last season in all competitions, obviously still has at least something in the tank! I'm looking forward to watching him play.

Of course MLS is a "retirement league" for aging Euro stars, its only been in existence for 17 years with a focus on VERY strict salary limitations to maintain parity throughout the league. Always baffles me when fellow Americans scoff at MLS because its not La Liga or the Premiership, as if that's in any way a realistic expectation...

Could be a good idea to develop players and also they will have experience in dealing with some very humid conditions, would be cool if all the top teams in Europe picked up on this

Home of Barca Fans