Michael Essien

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He is absolute quality, but I don't know if he could succeed in any team, he seems to be suited just for Chelsea...

exactly.

he's a perfect fit for the direct power style that chelsea use. tbh he'd fit united and inter quite well too.

crackin' player, though. the black darren fletcher. :lol:

Rohit

lol black darren fletcher does essien a huge disservicem, his postional sense is greater than that of the fletch an his passing range is unbelievable, you could say his chelseas playmaker alongside fat frank. Plus is his direct runs from deep can only be compared to gerrard which are unstoppable when in full flow.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Essien is a relatively poor passer. He has the occasional good pass but generally he's not very good(but I'll say he's better than most African midfielders, they are poor passers from what I've seen). Lucky we have Ramires now, he's just like Essien but a better passer and with better technique at the sacrifice of the pure power Essien possesses.

Mhorf

It's great to see Mikel developing so well, allowing Essien to play a more attacking role. And great to see Essien scoring goals.

dalitis8

Banned
Cool down people..we all know Chelski is strong(the strongest in England for sure) but you have not faced half a decent team yet...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We got City away then Arsenal at home, so if we win those people will STFU.

Anyway, Mikel is improving which is great, but that means Ramires may turn out to be another 18m wasted like Zhirkov. Pooey situation.

Mhorf

I agree about City/Arsenal. Can't wait to take on some better opposition and see how things stand.

I hope the balance of the team is right tomorrow including some youngsters, but not to underestimating Newcastle who will be well up for it. There's no point having a cup run on just one game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
We got City away then Arsenal at home, so if we win those people will STFU.

Anyway, Mikel is improving which is great, but that means Ramires may turn out to be another 18m wasted like Zhirkov. Pooey situation.

tbh, city aren't that great a team yet, and you always beat arsenal.

now if you had united, or someone like villa or spurs, I may agree.

Mhorf

City won v chelsea last season home and away, but that was with Bellamy and Ireland and Bridge of course.

Rohit

city will not be a great team becuase theyve got rid of the good home grown players such as captain richard dunne whos better than any centre back city currently have and they have no actual leader chelsea should win this one especially with mancinis tactics of 3 holding players and tevez as a lone striker lol

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
tbh, city aren't that great a team yet, and you always beat arsenal.

now if you had united, or someone like villa or spurs, I may agree.
Yeah but the point is we've played nothing but bottom feeders, Arsenal and City are top 5 sides regardless of their situations/our record against them. So if we can beat them the crap talking will be silenced for a while, thassall. Spuds and Villa away will be tough though, but I think Villa will be easier than last season.

dalitis8

Banned
Cesc will be 3 weeks out and will miss the Chelski game...things made even easier for Cheslki...I honestly believe that they are running away with it...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'd sell him, since this is definitely the last year we could get 20m+ for him, if we could even get that. He's 29 this year so it's better to sell him now. Ramires is machine in the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans