Mesut Ozil

Affiae

Stop spouting bullshit. Vast majority of Europe didn't have anything to do with slavery. Arab countries (tribes) of the Middle East started slave trade long before it came here and were at it for almost thousand of years. Including here in Europe where Ottoman Muslim Turks committed genocide against entire Balkan.

Ozil has become shit and now hides behind race card while at the same time supporting Erdogan - who is a blatant racist himself. Go ask Kurds.

Exactly. Arabs were and still are the masters of the slave trade. Tired of these evil white man as the origin of all devilry rhetorics and I'm an immigrant myself.
Özil was unworthy for years for german football and now proves how small of a man he is through victimhood culture which leftists laid out so well in the past decades for people like him to wrap themselves into.

Be shit and pathetic elsewhere, Özil.

Hoeness is spot on in everything.

El Flaco

Christian Falk (a reliable journo on Bayern/BuLi news) and his BILD-colleagues on their assessment regarding Özil's statement.

[tw]1021132714181906433[/tw]

The translated version of the article.

"Although I grew up in Germany, my roots are in Turkey. I have two hearts, one German and one Turkish. My mother taught me never to forget where I came from. These are the values ​​I am still thinking about today ... The photo with President Erdogan was not about politics but about respect for the highest office of my family's country. "

BILD: Although Özil evokes his "values" he ignores that Erdogan is not for, but against the values ​​of his German AND Turkish homeland. The freedom-loving, religiously moderate Turkey is increasingly transforming Erdogan into an Islamist dictatorship. Free media and freedom of expression have almost extinguished Erdogan, and German and Turkish journalists have been jailed without charge for criticizing him. Not a word of it in Özil's Jammer post on Facebook.

"Whether it was the German or the Turkish President would not have made any difference in my actions."

BILD: An absurd equation of the Bundespresident, who represents a democracy and has no real power and Erdogans, who takes more and more authority, dismissed tens of thousands of critical officials in his state apparatus and sees himself as the sole ruler.

"Whatever was the result of the last election, or the election before, I would still have taken the picture."

BILD: Pure stubbornness. In Germany Erdogan got his best result among Turks living abroad - of course not only, but also because of Özil's election campaign support. Especially absurd: Turks living in freedom in Germany chose a dictator for their compatriots in Turkey. That Özil contributed, he does not care.

"What I can not accept is that the media push the bad world championship of a whole team to my double lineage and a photo."

BILD: Complete nonsense, pure self-pity. No German newspaper, website, no broadcaster has made Özil's Turkish roots responsible for the catastrophe of the national team. Invented by Özil to become a victim of racist injustice in the media.

"Certain German newspapers use my origin and my photo with Erdogan as right-wing propaganda to push their political agenda."

BILD: Here is Özil in his world view dangerously close to Erdogan and other despots. Anyone who dares to criticize him or her must have a political agenda.

"Why else would the media use my name and photo as an explanation for our departure in Russia?"

BILD: Because Özil delivered as a central player a godawful, listless-looking performance that contributed significantly to the historic failure in the preliminary round.

"The media did not criticize my performance, but only my Turkish origin ... newspapers have tried to bring Germany against me."

BILD: Fictitious mischief. ALL media rightly criticized Özil's performance, no major media brand ever criticized his origins. An audacity towards the free media of his homeland, to which Özil lashes out racistly and without any evidence.

"I am disappointed that the media are double standards. Lothar Matthäus met with another political leader (Putin) and was hardly criticized by the media ... If the media thought that I should be expelled from the national team, would not Matthäus then the position of honorary leader will be denied? Am I a better target because of my Turkish roots? "

BILD: Özil indulges in his victim role, which has nothing to do with reality. Most German media have never demanded his expulsion despite the Erdogan photo, not even BILD. Lothar Matthäus was heavily criticized for his meeting with Putin - including BILD.Özil also complains that he was unloaded because of the anger about the Erdogan photo of his former school in Gelsenkirchen. BILD could not verify that.

"In addition, another partner has renounced me. This is also a partner of the DFB, before the World Cup, I was asked to participate in promotional videos. After my picture with President Erdogan, they took me out of the campaign. It was no longer acceptable for her to be seen with me. This is very ironic because a German ministry had declared their products illegal because it contained unauthorized software that increased the risk to the customer. Hundreds of thousands of their products have been recalled. While I was criticized and asked by the DFB to explain my actions, there was no such official and public call to the DFB sponsor. Why? Am I not right that this is much worse than a photo with the president of my country's country? "

BILD: Özil alludes here on the DFB sponsor Mercedes and the diesel scandal. The fact is that the Ministry of Transport has sharply criticized Mercedes. Whether Mercedes has used illegal software is highly controversial. But above all, it has absolutely nothing to do with Özil and the Erdogan photo. A distraction maneuver. Particularly worrying: this kind of "the others are even worse" rhetoric is just a typical stylistic device in speeches of the Turkish President Erdogan ...

"Reinhard Grindel said after the World Cup, I should explain myself. But I do not speak for him now, but because I want that. I will no longer be the scapegoat for his incompetence and inability to do his job right ... In Grindel's eyes and those of his supporters, I am German, if we win and immigrants, if we lose ... Are there criteria to to be a true German, which I do not fulfill? ... is it because I am Muslim? ... I was born and educated in Germany. Why do not people accept that I'm German? To you, Reinhard Grindel, I am disappointed but not surprised by your actions ... When you were still a member of the Bundestag, you said that Islamic culture is rooted in German cities. It is unforgotten and unforgiving."

BILD: Özil sees himself clearly as a victim of a racist and Islam-hostile hate campaign by the DFB top. An accusation that could hardly be more difficult. BUT: Again, Özil makes it too easy. For his Erdogan photo he was criticized from all political camps. He completely ignores that campaigning for a dictator is actually incompatible with the values ​​of the DFB and the country he plays for. The DFB was still mild and forgiving. His billing is completely detached from his own behavior.

"When I tried to explain to Grindel my heritage, my ancestors, and the reasons for the photograph, he was much more interested in talking about his own political views and lowering my opinion. As part of the events, I also met with Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier. Unlike Grindel, President Steinmeier was a professional and interested in what I had to say about my family, my background, and my choices. I agreed with President Steinmeier that we would make a joint statement with the intention of returning to the agenda and focusing again on football. Grindel was angry that not his team should publish the first statement, but that Steinmeier's press department had the hat on the matter. "

BILD: If Özil's fierce allegations are true and DFB President Grindel has out of vanity obstructed a joint statement with the Bundespresident in the run-up to the tournament, he would hardly be tolerable. In the entire Özil-story Grindel and the DFB leadership gave a sad image. It lacked from the beginning the necessary consequence. It has made the scandal indebted by Özil also one for the DFB and thus had a significant impact on the World Cup appearance and the accompanying mood of the German national team.

"If high-ranking DFB officials do not respect my Turkish roots and use me for political propaganda, that's enough. That's not what I play football for. I will not lean back and do nothing. Racism should never be accepted. "

BILD: A reproach that is directed not only at Grindel, but on the country. Özil pretends that nobody has stood in the way of the "racist" Grindel to protect him. A slap in the face for millions of fans who admired and cheered him without prejudice. And for those who have taken him - as well as BILD - against racism in protection. The xenophobic insults a fan after the South Korea game, which describes Özil condemns BILD as well in the strictest.

Overall verdict: A self-righteousness to be beaten sorrow-resignation!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He isn't german either way. Especially after seeing how he cites prayers from coran instead of singing anthem of his country before matches. Fact that majority of turks living in Germany, despite having all the good that this country provides for them, continue to pledge loyalty to piece of shit tyrant and enemy of West, Erdoshit, is common knowledge. Maybe that's why he and Gundogan didn't think much about having a friendly photo with the Roach. Everyone is so used to this that it doesn't even come to mind that this is a bad move.

He isn't German because he is not Christian or he has a very soft spot for where his ancestors came from, Turkey?

If he is not German, why didn't he choose the Turkish NT instead of Germany?

At the end of the day, the guy has German citizenship, identifies himself as German so he is German. Nobody, neither you, or me or any third party can take that away (unless the German government strips him of his German citizenship).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you seriously call all the things he does just "sometimes says some dumb shit"?

Özil taking the easy way out and presenting himself as the victim but i don't think its that simple. He started this himself and he made it worse with saying nothing for too long and not everybody criticizing him for the pic, his attitude and this statements is racist.

If it comes to the NT he didn't even lose anything here honestly because he was out anyway, the pressure on Löw was too big. Everyone wanted Özil out by now and that was not because of Erdogan or the national anthem but because of his performances and the fact that he (and Khedira as well for example) perfectly represented whats wrong with the German NT and Löw giving out safe starting spots to players that don't deserve them anymore. He won't be missed, not because he is seen as an immigrant but because of how he played the last years.

He started this himself? His only mistake, and arguably a mistake, was agreeing to meet with Erdogan. Oezil himself already explained in his statement that he was meeting the president of Turkey, his ancestral homeland, no matter who that person is. You can accuse him of being politically insensitive (to the criticism of Ergogan in the west), but other than he did not make any mistakes. He was being bullied by the German media.

His attitude and this statement are racist? How come?

DennyCrane

Hoeneß and Bild. :lol: :lol: :lol: "Christian Falk a reliable journo" :mou:

Loving this so far. He has riled up all the right people including several politicians, left wing included.

That's the problem right there. For years Özil for whatever reason was held up as the figure head of successful integration. Now he dared to wander off the reservation for a minute and suddenly they're all over him, including our foreign minister, just like the hypocrites they are. The lack of self-awareness is baffling.

Alik

All I see is a blown up reaction over a photograph.

I don't think Ozil is "hiding" behind that as an excuse to retire from the national team. Players don't need an excuse to do it.

Gnidrologist

He isn't German because he is not Christian or he has a very soft spot for where his ancestors came from, Turkey?
He isn't german, because he's a turk. That would be one tiny reason. And even if we go by this leftist rhetoric that you are anything that you identify with, he doesn't qualify either. Being friendly to Erdogan would be clear signal of that.
If he is not German, why didn't he choose the Turkish NT instead of Germany?
Because Turkey is a shithole compared to Germany. Why do you think they come there in swarms?
At the end of the day, the guy has German citizenship, identifies himself as German so he is German.
If i come to China and identify myself as chinese am i chinese? Or if we go by your formulaic definition, if am nepalese, who identifies as chinese, but pledge my loyalty to Dalailama, am i still good enough chinese for you? :)

Btw. i think it's stupid they accuse him of bad football because of this. This is purely political incident. Guess germans are just too affraid of their politically correct fascism to call spade a spade.

Joan

Born in Gelsenkirchen, speaks German all his life, lives in Germany by country's laws, says he's German, even represents his country in the world, but no, he can't be German. We know better what he truly is. Proof: picture with Erdogan, do we need to look beyond?

Why should he be ashamed of his origin or try to hide it?

Gnidrologist

So what? Ozil isn't arab you stupid hillbilly, where did he talk about slavery lol?
Ottomans weren't arabs either, you twat. Westerners literally bought slaves from various muslim traders throughout the history. That doesn't excuse the tradition of slavery in the West, but all the eebul white man is always first that comes up in these kind of shitstorms.

Gnidrologist

Born in Gelsenkirchen, speaks German all his life, lives in Germany by country's laws, says he's German, even represents his country in the world, but no, he can't be German. We know better what he truly is. Proof: picture with Erdogan, do we need to look beyond?

Why should he be ashamed of his origin or try to hide it?
Let's see it like this, especially in today's sweet sweet context. Imagine a US born footballer with russian roots playing for USA NT posing together with Poots.

DennyCrane

Over 40 years ago, a german NT player named Paul Breitner did this marvelous picture, which isn't exatly the same as the Özil situation, but you get the point.

media.media.70ad094f-d546-4bdd-b68b-0e947ab8bdc1.original1024.jpg

The man in the pic is Paul 'I love Mao because he feeds 800 million people' Breitner.

Public outrage ? Nope. Maybe it's because everyone wasn't a snowflake then.

Joan

Let's see it like this, especially in today's sweet sweet context. Imagine a US born footballer with russian roots playing for USA NT posing together with Poots.

Ah, no. No. Erdogan's persona is not that relevant for your point. Let's see it like this. Rakitić, who says he's a Croat, takes a picture with Swiss president. Problem? I don't see any.

What bothers me is Erdogan, but that's another discussion.

MTL_Barca

He started this himself? His only mistake, and arguably a mistake, was agreeing to meet with Erdogan. Oezil himself already explained in his statement that he was meeting the president of Turkey, his ancestral homeland, no matter who that person is. You can accuse him of being politically insensitive (to the criticism of Ergogan in the west), but other than he did not make any mistakes. He was being bullied by the German media.

His attitude and this statement are racist? How come?

He took the photo with "his president" and he decided to not say a word about it for so long. Yeah you can call that his only mistake but its a big deal for most people. Erdogan is not your everyday leader, thats not something that can be ignored.

He did something most people highly dislike and gets the consequences, but he makes it sound like all the people criticizing him do it because if his Turkish heritage but thats not true. I know a lot of turkish-german people that absolutely hate Erdogan and were very angry at Özil for that, i mean how is that even possible? Do they hate muslims too?

Have no idea what your last sentence could mean, are you sure you understood my post?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans