Messi retires from Argentina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Following Copa America Final loss on penalties to Chile, Argentine captain and Barca star decided to retire from Argentina.

[youtube]jJ7DWNLyrbo[/youtube]

"It's not meant for me. For me the national team is over. I've done all I can, it hurts not to be a champion."

It's been four finals, I tried. It was the thing I wanted the most, but I couldn't get it, so I think it's over," he added.

"I think this is best for everyone. First of all for me, and then for everyone. I think there's a lot of people who want this, who obviously are not satisfied, as we are not satisfied reaching a final and not winning it.

"It's very hard, but the decision is taken. Now I will not try more and there will be no going back."

:cry:

Lomar1o

Messi, I know you will not read this but I hope that the prayers of your family members, friends and supporters will reach into your heart and become a cure to the pain you're suffering. You are a leader, a champion, a king and even a Messiah to some, so whatever decision you make we will follow. You've helped us through bad times with your magical performances, unforgettable goals and assists, the emotions and devotion you've shown and given us is immeasurable, yet you're the only one suffering now, but I know you will stand back up and come back, because you were also once a child who would look up to his idol, and you will want us to relive all of that again, you will want us to have hope again, to believe again... god this is so gay :DD anyways I love you Messi, stay safe, be strong and come back as ruthless as you can get!!!!! and enjoy the game the way you've never enjoyed it, play with a smile and then you will win!!! you're the fucking man!! I salute you!!

Icarium

Lifestealer
Did messi just rage quit?

Seriously though I completely understand the decision. But it would be better if all the players who are handing resignation reconsider after AFA mess clears. Well except Higuain and Di Maria. They don't deserve it anymore. Once you can forgive and feel bad but fucking 3 times is beyond forgivable.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Leo should quit.... It is actually best for him. Argentina NT don't deserve shit selecting players like Higuain, Aguero, di Maria and stupid managers all the time. Fuck you Maradona, fuck you Martino

Leo should not reconsider his decision to retire from Argentina NT.... He should actually consider settling down in Barcelona!

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Fuck You Argentina ! Muerete !

I'm never ever watching a game with Higuain, DiMaria or Kun in it. Ever !

Devils

Like I said in his thread, Leo has achieved way too much in his career to have it all be overshadowed by being labelled as a quitter.

Leo knows what's best for his personal health, mentality and his priorities in his life. And I have no issue if he feels that retiring from Argentina is best move for his life.

But for the sake of his legacy, even if he goes on to fail at another 2x Copa America and 2x World Cups, it wont be as damaging as him calling it quits on his national team now.

MagIX

:cry:

These defeats hurt deeply, scars that will remain forever... I do not know if psychologically Leo will be as before. I hope he can stand up again.

Maradona, Batista, Bielsa,Tata....... i cant believe that the Argentina's era of Leo had such idiots!

Home of Barca Fans