Messi out for 6 to 8 weeks

F

Flavia

Messi out for between 6 and 8 weeks

www.fcbarcelona.cat
11/11/2013 13:45

The Argentinean has a muscle tear in his left hamstring

2013-11-10_BETIS-BARCELONA01_11.v1384168738.JPG

The Club’s medical services confirmed after tests this Monday morning that Leo Messi has a torn hamstring muscle in his left thigh and is expected to miss the next 6 to 8 weeks. The first phase of Messi’s recovery will be covered in Barcelona and he will then travel to Buenos Aires.

Messi was substituted on 19 minutes of the Betis- Barça game on Sunday. The game at the Benito Vilamarin was Messi’s 16[SUP]th[/SUP] game of the season, during which he has scored 14 goals.

Unlucky with injuries
This is Messi’s third injury this season, on August 21[SUP]st[/SUP] in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Atletico Madrid, he suffered a bruised thigh which kept him out for a week and then against Almeria on September 28[SUP]th[/SUP], he suffered a small muscle tear in his right thigh which kept him on the sidelines for three weeks.

AvocadoCake

ARGHHhh..... :'(

I'm so glad we signed Neymar to make something like this less unbearable, though, but this is still depressing...

Jelboo

God fucking damnit. Pardon my French but Messi's 2013 continues to draw these words from me. What's going on? Why does the same kind of injury keep happening? Someone is doing something wrong. Doctors, coaches, Messi himself, ... whoever it is better fixes this shit. Messi needs to recover properly and come back better than ever, not come back half-injured and limp off four games later.

frog-fcb

It could be a mini blessing for barca havin this injury now wer thru in champs league an our squad should be able to deal with liga games an then messi is back in jan well rested an ready to rock wen cl kicks off again in feb

Gilberto

I was in such a good mood and now this happens... Next time he should recover fully and start playing 30 minutes or something because otherwise stuff like this will happen. Like AvocadoCake said aswell we have a proper replacement in Neymar but I would prefer a healthy Messi ofcourse.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I guess signing an attacker before a CB was a good thing afterall. We should give some credit to zubi and rosell.

Maria

I guess signing an attacker before a CB was a good thing afterall. We should give some credit to zubi and rosell.

Zubizareta had nothing to do with the signing of Neymar..Tito wanted him, Sanllehi negotiated and Rosell payed Neymar's father. I give credit to Zubi for the fact that he signed Song when Tito asked for a CB.

Moe-23

This was bound to happen sooner or later, i don't even care about the ballon d'or anymore, i stopped caring about it ever since the injuries plagued him, i'd rather he comes back 110% fit, is hungry as ever for sucess and leads his club and country once again next year when the time requires. I'm assuming he won't be back until after the christmas break. Get well soon Leo, the football world misses you. :'(

King Leo

Banned
A real solution for Messi's ongoing health problems is long overdue! I understand the nutritionist that was looking over his shoulders is no longer there, is there a connection? I feel so bad for Leo because at the end of the year he will play for the WC and with all this going on he must be in Panic mode right now.

As for Barca we will hang there but for sure the Liga race with Madrid will get narrower in Messi's absence.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hope this time he heals properly and changes something in his training regime. If things go as expected, we might see Messi back for the trip to Vincente Calderon on 12th of January.

It felt kind of inevitable deep down that Messi would have to be out for a long time this season. Lets just hope he can properly recover this time.

L

linetty

I knew it was going to happen...and I don't think that's a really bad thing. He at least got time to recover and sort out his head...I hope doctors will help him with his diet so he can be healthy for the World Cup and the second part of the season with Barça

flamenco

Why does he keep getting thy injuries?:tata1:
Still that's better than knee injuries when you think about it.:pep:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans