Messi or 'the Midfield trio?

They year is 2007. Which option would you have kept.

• Total voters

ManusXavi

The year is 2007. You can only keep one option >> Lionel Messi or the Midfield Trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.
You know how good they will get but which one will you choose?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Kinda unfair, Messi VS anyone of the three > Messi without a doubt, but Messi VS 3 of the greatest middfielders ever all together ..

ManusXavi

Lionel Messi is going to be hard to bet against when making any poll but that midfield trio was certainly something special as well.

ManusXavi

Busquets was still a Barca B player during 2007.

I know.
It's about going back to 2007. Barca can only keep one option for the future. The midfield trio . . . or Lionel Messi.

Another way to ask the question would be >> Which was more valuable to us? The midfield Trio. . .or Lionel Messi?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Messi. But we wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful if we hadn't had the midfield trio.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's like choosing between one of your kids.

Messi is one in a lifetime that's all I'm gonna say

JamDav1982

Difficult one.

Put those three in an average team and they could turn them into a great side more so than Messi on his own.....but Messi is the best ever and brought me more joy to watch than any player by a fucking mile.

So Messi it is.

LeeRomeno

I voted for Messi, just because of his uniqueness, but i really think Barca with the midfield trio ultimately would have been more successful. 3 talents more important to team game then 1 supertalent. Just compare Spanish national team success vs Argentina. Messi has made them top team in the world, but not the best, Spain at the trios peak was untouchable though.

Home of Barca Fans