Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2012 revealed

raskolnikov

Balotelli,benzema and Pique are lucky to be on the list, if it was thiago silva, kompany and ribery for example it would have been better but ballon d'or always has undeserved nominations.

Messi deserves it most cause of the best individual year in football history.
Also when you look at the previous editions he received all the central/south America votes except Brazil of course, this would obviously give him a big edge over the other favourites.
He is also liked more than ronaldo by most people in the football world, that will also help.
I expect its closer in Africa and Asia and for iniesta also in Europe.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta

Seems like a fair top 3 and the most likely outcome.

If I could make a top 10 with the others it would be:

4. Pirlo
5. Van Persie
6. Xavi
7. Falcao
8. Casillas
9. Zlatan
10.Toure

footyfan

Calma, calma
Iniesta will probably edge the European votes again, South American to Messi and the rest of the world to Ronaldo/Messi and a bunch of random players like Thomas Muller or Karim Benzema.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Messi doesn't win it. There's a good chance the voters will try to recognise a player other than Messi since he has already won it 3 times. Ronaldo/Casillas winning La Liga and Iniesta/Pirlo being amazing in the Euros helps too.

Ursegor

World Champion
"Rooney - To come back after a hair transplant and carry England to the QF of the Euro's should be enough to edge Messi and Ronaldo to this one."

:troll:

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
1-Messi
2-Ronaldo
3-Iniesta

-------
4- Casillas
5- Xavi
6- Pirlo
7- Aguero
8- Zlatan
9- Van Persie
10- Falcao

ivan22

Iniesta will probably edge the European votes again, South American to Messi and the rest of the world to Ronaldo/Messi and a bunch of random players like Thomas Muller or Karim Benzema.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Messi doesn't win it. There's a good chance the voters will try to recognise a player other than Messi since he has already won it 3 times. Ronaldo/Casillas winning La Liga and Iniesta/Pirlo being amazing in the Euros helps too.

yup, this. As long as it's not Cristina who wins it I'm fine. Iniesta would be so epic! He had a great Euro, which cristina hasnt had!

edit: I can't wait for the "whote voted for who" list. That probably the most funny thing to start of a new year.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans