Memphis Depay

Jair Ventura

I don't think Van Gaal is the answer for United, which is a positive for this rest of us. Not a fan of his philosophy as it pertains to developing younger players.

Sterlingfan2000

So what is he good at. He cant dribble because he lacks explosiveness and speed. In nr.10 he lacks vision so what was his strenght at PSV?

Yannik

2AF8708B00000578-0-image-a-29_1438280854207.jpg

the bag costs 910 punds, yet I see it like 10 times a day in the city. Never understood why someone would so much for that thing

Unbiased United

So what is he good at. He cant dribble because he lacks explosiveness and speed. In nr.10 he lacks vision so what was his strenght at PSV?

He's looked quite good in every game he's played for us. He's got some lovely touches in him. I don't think he'll ever be a world class player, but he can still be a good player for us.

He doesn't seem to lack vision to me, I'd say he already looks really creative. I am disappointed he doesn't seem to have more speed though.

EdmondDantes

I don't quite agree, I watched every pre-season game you lot played and I thought he looked OK, and yesterday he was a little below that. He could very well turn out to be a great player but as you said, world-class, I doubt it. Still time though.

Unbiased United

I don't quite agree, I watched every pre-season game you lot played and I thought he looked OK, and yesterday he was a little below that. He could very well turn out to be a great player but as you said, world-class, I doubt it. Still time though.

I'm not trying to make out he has been excellent or anything, but I've been quite impressed. He did an excellent through ball yesterday which showed great vision and just looked tidy throughout. He has a very good attitude too. But yeah, we'll just have to see how he gets on. I'm certainly not going to rose-tintedly say he's is/or is ever going to be a star. I'd never even seen him play before he joined United so I'm going off an handful of games, as I'd guess most of us are.

Martindn

@Memphis came in to the interview room after the game and sat on the floor. Wasn't happy to only score twice. "I should've had four" :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans