Maxwell

zanela

zanela doesn't rate maxwell? then he must be ugly!

U know thts not true...i also rate the ugly ones - Mutu, Veloso, Clemens Fritz, Daniel de Ridder, Gourcuff, De la Red, Andrea barzagli... :lol:

Since Meta thinks maxwell is a quality signing for us, I shall not dispute tht. I admire his footballing acumen and his knowledge of the game surpasses tht of mine.

So, guys if meta thinks he ll deliver for us thn i ll go along with tht :D

Last edited:

M.L. King

The Preacher
It all seems nice when watching this video. But what about his defending skills, how good is he as a defender.

Evil

Shabazz
+1
but he is a alves type of player :)

Well if that's true, then it doesn't sound like a good idea having him and Alves playing at the same time, that would just leave our 2 Center Backs exposed, and we will be extremely screwed on a counter attack or so ...

Anyways, he's a decent signing .. I rate him as above average, but not world class. Completely worth 4.5m though.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It all seems nice when watching this video. But what about his defending skills, how good is he as a defender.

there's a few bits of defending in there but he's obviously an attacking LB which is fine as that's what we need. and sylvie has shown many times that with the right application even an attacking LB can be solid defensively. maxwell will be no different.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
I watched that game (inter-parma '07), he is a good one. Not world class but definitely a good one. I think he can do what gio have done a few years ago. I might be mistaking, but i could be right too.

With that price....a good business deal from us.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What surprises me is the low price, I haven't seen much of him to be honest, but hopefully he can add a lot to our team...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
All the criticism I read here was about you getting a bench warmer at Inter. Makes me wonder if you actually saw him play or analyzed the situation or you guys just read other forums and the news paper.

There was no room for Maxwell to play, and when there was he was not ignored, nor did he play bad what so ever. In fact Mourinho and Mancini more on one occasion changed his position just to play him such as on LM.

Just because he is Brasilian, and does not play often people think he is bad defensively, but he is not. In fact he has a mean tackle but his game often depend on luring the player in before knocking the ball off. In Spain that is exactly how defenders defend, it is the style. In Italy, teams go for defenders who slide tackle (a la Santon and Chivu).

He is also level headed, he move forward when he sees fit, and usually reads the game well. But Maxwell is one of those players that take specific instructions from a coach, and for a micro tactician like Pep, Maxwell is perfect.

Something tells me he is not going to be a bench warmer, he will replace Abidal.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
there's a few bits of defending in there but he's obviously an attacking LB which is fine as that's what we need. and sylvie has shown many times that with the right application even an attacking LB can be solid defensively. maxwell will be no different.

+0.5 :lol:

I actually think that Maxwell is more than just OK defending. But your totally right about the comparison to Sylvinho.

gvt2000

Im not sure starting 19/25 games is a "bench warmer" to be honest. He's quite a bargain, exactly what we should've payed for a BACKUP leftback. I heard Maxwell's transfer is a way to unblock Ibraimovic (same agent).

Beast

The Observer
Mino Raiola is the agent of over 50 % of the players in Serie A gov. so it's doesn't matter that much.. u are bound to do business with him if you are dealing with a Serie A team

Home of Barca Fans