Mavericky Puig

Gnidrologist

I don't see any fanaticism here. He's obviously good enough to play and looks no less promising than Pedri, but is treated diametrically opposite than the later for some arguably petty reason. It must rise question among fans, especially in the times like these, when team is struggling, has limited squad with a lot of injuries and players in bad shape/too old to give quality performances therefore it would be wise to exhaust all the potential possibilities. I think even in stacked team he would get more chances even if for rotation reasons alone, but in current times his services seem to be much needed, which is why a lot of people are frustrated by his status.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mob mentality really that are hating on a cantera player, simple minds jumping on a bandwagon without understanding football, the club or development. Understandable since this club under Rosell/Bartomeu have abandoned youth development for 11 years. A stark reminder of how different the toxic atmosphere is that follows the club from its peak when trusting in La Masia was the winning formula, even fans are implicated

Myopia runs deep

mc_lovin

Mob mentality really that are hating on a cantera player, simple minds jumping on a bandwagon without understanding football, the club or development. Understandable since this club under Rosell/Bartomeu have abandoned youth development for 11 years. A stark reminder of how different the toxic atmosphere is that follows the club from its peak when trusting in La Masia was the winning formula, even fans are implicated

Myopia runs deep

I dont think there has been an awful lot of hate against Puig. Just people agreeing with Koeman. And I guess most arent averse to the idea of him being backup for Pedri (which should result in more playing time).

Its not hate thinking that Pedri-DM-Frenkie is the way to go.

JamDav1982

I dont think there has been an awful lot of hate against Puig. Just people agreeing with Koeman. And I guess most arent averse to the idea of him being backup for Pedri (which should result in more playing time).

Its not hate thinking that Pedri-DM-Frenkie is the way to go.

It is not even agreeing with Koeman as much as aknowledging he sees Puig every day and there is something from that he needs more from him on. Hard to agree on it when dont really know what it is.

Koeman could be right or wrong... or Puig might develop because of it as other top players have etc.

Plenty of times in past there has been huge cries for young players to play more and then coach that sees them day in day out has been proven correct.

JamDav1982

Myopia runs deep

No one is hating and youth football was never 'abandoned' as more youngsters given chance in first team than previously. Just the youngsters were not of same quality as previously for a variety of reasons.

Folk that think focusing on La Masia to extent has been in past is a 'winning formuala' are deluded. It was a one off generation and wont happen again.

La Masia should be there to develop as many players as possible and present them to B team/first team for chances to prove themselves. Nothing more and that has been happening.

Home of Barca Fans