Mavericky Puig

Laplacian

It's extremely logical for stubborn men to not see a good option in front of their eyes because of their stubbornness. Sometimes, a very small amount of very stubborn persons are also very bright, bordering genius in their field, and if you are often right, being stubborn is more of a quality than a flaw. Koeman is not one of those rare cases.

Indeed. Despite the good showings Riqui Puig had last season, Koeman basically made up his mind before he even gave him a chance in a proper match. It's a strong bias thing, doesn't think much of "fragile looking" midfielders like Riqui Puig. Not comparing their talent but bet you if it was Foden or a very young Xavi instead of Puig, they'd be on the bench as well.

clemente

Tell me how in the world Busquets is better pivot than him? He's "stronger" than Puig? "Positions himself better defensively"? I'm sure Puig can make any of that up by simply being more active and energetic.

vegitot

Tell me how in the world Busquets is better pivot than him? He's "stronger" than Puig? "Positions himself better defensively"? I'm sure Puig can make any of that up by simply being more active and energetic.

10/10 coach would choose Busquest as a pivot. This is not even debatable.

fergus90

Koeman decided before pre season that many others were in front of him. It was decided then that he had no chance under him. I’m willing to bet he never saw Puig play at the end of last season either.

I’m also 100% certain the club told him to keep him because journalists and fans were lashing out when it was reported he wasn’t in Koemans plans. Not wanting to get fans on his back from day 1.

Richard.H

IMO he should go out on loan, he's too good to be benched. I am sure there will be teams like Betis or Celta desperate for his service. Win-win for both parties since we are basically bankrupt.

xXKonan

Left out of the U-21 squad. Mindblowing that he decided to stay.
I really hope he didn't fall into that hole that Bartra and even Samper to an extent fell into.

Willing to sit around and hope the coach(Koeman) changes his mind and plays him. Bartra even though he wasn't good enough, took way too long to finally get the message it wasn't worth sitting around being 4th-5th choice which played a role in hampering his development early on. Puig is a very talented kid but man I hope his blind devotion doesn't lead him down to a what could have been scenario.

JohnN

I can't be persuaded he is not even worth 10 minutes, while we have 5 subs. Given his performances at the end of last season he should have gotten at least a little playtime. Be it an easy cl game or a done and dusted ll game.
So, I will assert that koeman has something personal against him.

Home of Barca Fans