Mavericky Puig

Gnidrologist

He and DJ should be made center pieces of our midfield, if next coaches/board will not be retarded. His football brain is in different league than our current geezers and he also has pace, agility, quick feet and endless energy for all that. The physicality argument is obsolete. He rarely even needs to hustle, because of his speed and cleverness, and even in some jostles i've seen him get, he p. much gets the upper hand at least in 50/50% rate if not better. Seems way more warrior like than Iniesta ever was. Maybe his smallness has given him the spite and willpower to endure. Obvious this little twat has already annoyed lots of 'physical players'. :D
He's the main little light for me in this current complete collapse time.

FinBarcelonafan

Why he wasn't played more is shocking to me. Good performances all around and the gets benched for the rest of the season. Amigo politics? No way Busi and Raki are better players at this point of their careers.

Esp. Puigs forward passes are something we needed desperately, yet he never played. So stupid.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Funny thing is the club did not allow him to play the Segunda playoff because of CL... And the B team didn't earn promotion and we got torn to shreds in CL without him playing a single minute, you can't make this shit up, seriously...

fergus90

I'm not even sure it's club politics keeping him out, when he's on the pitch he's clearly very trusted. Messi for example passes to him regularly as he knows he can create well and progress with the ball. I think this just falls on the door of Setien, who completely lost his testicles and went with the status quo in his line up, despite every man and his dog knowing those players aren't up to it anymore.

BBZ8800

He and DJ should be made center pieces of our midfield, if next coaches/board will not be retarded. His football brain is in different league than our current geezers and he also has pace, agility, quick feet and endless energy for all that. The physicality argument is obsolete. He rarely even needs to hustle, because of his speed and cleverness, and even in some jostles i've seen him get, he p. much gets the upper hand at least in 50/50% rate if not better. Seems way more warrior like than Iniesta ever was. Maybe his smallness has given him the spite and willpower to endure. Obvious this little twat has already annoyed lots of 'physical players'. :D
He's the main little light for me in this current complete collapse time.

This sounds like copy/pasted post from 2018-2019 how we should build our midfield around Frenkie-Arthut.

Just saying.
Deja vu.

JamDav1982

This sounds like copy/pasted post from 2018-2019 how we should build our midfield around Frenkie-Arthut.

Just saying.
Deja vu.

You rarely ever seem to say who Barca should sign but criticise others.

Give us your rebuilding plan with specific names etc.

MTL_Barca

Just saying.
Deja vu.

Despite his departure and the hate he gets now a midfield of De Jong + Arthur + an athletic CM still sounds good to me. At least better than shitty 4-4-2 or Raki-Busi until eternity.

And so does one with FDJ+Puig, probably just needs a bit different profile of athletic CM to accompany them. Getting that one might be tricky though. For the league we can probably get away with Pjanic-FDJ-Puig or something in many matches but i'd like to see another profile mixed in there for tougher games.

Last edited:

olivis

I have watched Puig only in a few substitute performances. Is he really as good as many are making him out to be, meaning that he'll be so good that we can shape our midfield around him and FDJ? Or are we just speculating and hoping? Serious question, haven't watched many of the matches he played in this year.

Porque

He is really good. But the more he plays, the more opponents will learn his game and be able to limit his effectiveness. If he is surrounded by little off the ball movement then he will lose alot of balls, but also bring alot of fouls.

But at this stage it is not whether guys like Puig or Arthur and Alena are more talented than Busquets, Rakitic who were world class at their peaks. But about needing to replace them as we need hungrier, faster, harder working players and need to change the culture around the whole squad. We can't do that with the majority of the amigos still there all conjuring minutes together and using their namesake.

Arthur was good but has off the field issues which are destroying his career, Alena wasn't good enough and doesn't work hard enough off the ball. But there is no fault in trying to give them first team spots as the level of the veterans is not good enough, and has enough data to show that we will receive a CL blowout exit every year with the veterans. So why not freshen up the team even if the individual talent is lower.

JamDav1982

Same with Malcolm. If you play good you will punished and have to be on the bench so long until you lose your form lol

This is a myth about Malcolm that he was benched after playing well.

Just about any time bar one Real game he was then given more chances and then played poorly.

Malcolm didnt fit really but was a decent player. He was not enough of a threat on the ball and running at teams.

George_Costanza

This player is his ultimate signing.

hi-res-33965c534b3904da4b1499d15a360bad_crop_north.jpg

George_Costanza

I have watched Puig only in a few substitute performances. Is he really as good as many are making him out to be, meaning that he'll be so good that we can shape our midfield around him and FDJ? Or are we just speculating and hoping? Serious question, haven't watched many of the matches he played in this year.

I think he is that good and more.

BBZ8800

I don't say that EVERY player is bad.
I only say for those players for whom I think that they the most likely won't make it.
I call them "players with deadly or irrepareable flaws".
Like Bartra, Halilovic, Denis, Alexis, Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Arthur etc.
For those, my opinion was after a few matches that there is no way that they'll make it in top clubs.

From our signings, I am not saying that they are awesome, but I have never wrote bad about Umtiti, Lenglet, mostly Frenkie etc.

From current youngsters, I still don't see too much hopes about Puig.
And Fati is imo insanely overrated for now, due to desperation of media and fans for a new superstar. He has scored some goals, but for now has way too many "wtf" skills, way below top level and I am very cautious whether he can improve in them.

On the other hand, I have only told to guys here that they are overrating Trincao but I haven't said that he is bad.
So, you could say that I don't have faith in Puig but I do have some faith in Trincao, until proven wrong with some deadly flaws.

Also, for now, I haven't wrote a single bad word about young Pedri and Ilaix Moriba.

So, I am not shitting on EVERY SINGLE PLAYER.
I only shit on majority of players.
But since 70% of all Barca's signings won't reach expectations and since around 90-93% of all La Masia players will fail horribly, then I think that my estimations aren't negative but objective.

So, let's see how Puig will play in a real season, with fans on stadiums and against dirty opponents.
Semi friendly match in offseason against Atletico doesn't count.

Imo, people are rushing insanely with estimation of skills.

JamDav1982

BBZ - who should Barca buy in your opinion?

Not interested in reading that same message above that you have come out with a hundred times. That point is made.

Names please. Who do you want?

All you did again was list players you dont like already signed.

Home of Barca Fans