Mattia De Sciglio

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's virtually the next Maldini in the way he's started his career. Obviously you can't say he'll be THAT good for sure, but jeez, what's with Milan and consistently having epic defenders. Baresi, then Maldini/Nesta and now this lad has come.

I mean, Maldini and Nesta in the same team ffs, that's not even fair. :lol: Love it!!

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He's virtually the next Maldini in the way he's started his career. Obviously you can't say he'll be THAT good for sure, but jeez, what's with Milan and consistently having epic defenders. Baresi, then Maldini/Nesta and now this lad has come.

I mean, Maldini and Nesta in the same team ffs, that's not even fair. :lol: Love it!!

I think Tassoti has a hand in the fullbacks, being apart of the famous four of Baresi & co. I think he teaches the fullbacks how to do it properly. Silva would've carried this on but well he's gone now. But i think he has it in him to reach there level, or if he peaked a little earlier, he really has everything. (Silva)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If De Scigleo is the next Maldini then how would you feel about him being tried out at CB?

Also, as a Milan fan, what would you say is El Shaarawy's ceiling?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
From what i've seen, i think he's got what it takes to be the hier. As far as CB goes, i think his build is too slight for the minute, perhaps in the future. Nesta was better than Maldini at CB but Maldini was the better footballer so i preferred him as fullback, probably feel the same way with De Sciglio.

El Sharaawy did very well to carry the team on his shoulders through a major transition season for someone his age to step up like that was great. I predicted he'd fade the second half and he did, defenders have worked him out aswell. He needs to work on a few things & be less predictable. I don't see him being one of the best players in the world personally, perhaps if he varies his game more we'll see.

XaviMessiGirl

There is also Maldini's son Christian in the youth teams, he apparently doesn't get played regularly under Inzaghi though so not sure how good he is or if he will ever make first team. There is also his even younger son Daniel but I think he plays more of an attacking role. Don't quote me on this though, I certainly don't spend all day watching Milan youth.

Anyway about De Sciglio I fear all the early comparisons could turn out to be dangerous for his development, I hope not though because I like the kid. I'm still bitter he tried out for Inter first but got rejected :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The thing with Maldini's kids is that they'll always be viewed as talents because of their father, not because of them.

Same thing is happening with Zidane's son right now at Madrid (Enzo). He's a slightly above average player but gets hailed as one of the best talents in the academy because of his name.

XaviMessiGirl

The thing with Maldini's kids is that they'll always be viewed as talents because of their father, not because of them.

Same thing is happening with Zidane's son right now at Madrid (Enzo). He's a slightly above average player but gets hailed as one of the best talents in the academy because of his name.

I think what might be happening is Inzaghi is holding him to a higher pedestal because of his name, so if he isn't performing like he "should" be he gets dropped. I'm just speculating though.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Comparisons to Maldini are far too fetched at the moment. Maldini is the greatest ever left back. I doubt De Sciglio will ever reach that level. Of course he can be world class in future and finally Milan have a top class full back after the shitness that is Antonini and Abate however please don't compare him to Maldini.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's unlikely he'll reach those levels however we have to give him a chance before completely shutting him down. I mean the same goes for people who thought Maradona would never be surpassed no matter what. Then Messi came along and the rest is history.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's unlikely he'll reach those levels however we have to give him a chance before completely shutting him down. I mean the same goes for people who thought Maradona would never be surpassed no matter what. Then Messi came along and the rest is history.

Except Messi hasn't surpassed Maradona*.

*Hides...............:D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Good to see a Cule actually saying that, bravo! I saw some 2 years ago saying Messi is already better.

Sure thing.

Home of Barca Fans