Matthijs de Ligt

BarçaBarça

De ligt says he has told his agents to wait for barca to approach them as it is his preferred destination

Wow, this should help us get a better price! I'm quite sure we will get him now - both himself + Bartomeu says he will come to barca and I don't think Ajax ultimately will stand in the way.

Jombi

2019-20

MIDFIELD:
- €75.00M - De Jong
- €31.00M - Arthur
- €18.00M - Rakitić
- €01.00M - Todibo
- Promoted - Busquets
- Promoted - Aleñá

An average of €20.83M per midfielder...not bad.

DEFENSE:
- €75.00M - De Ligt
- €35.90M - Lenglet
- €35.70M - Semedo
- €25.00M - Umtiti
- €14.00M - Alba
- €05.00M - Piqué
- Promoted - Cucurella
- Promoted - Roberto

An average of €23.83M per defender...not bad.

*Yes, I want us to sell Vidal. And yes, I want to use Todibo in midfield.

Thats not the real prices. Prices include both add-ons and fixed fees. The add-ons are mostly just very easy "achievements" like qualifying for the CL and similar.

Ajax

Wow, this should help us get a better price! I'm quite sure we will get him now - both himself + Bartomeu says he will come to barca and I don't think Ajax ultimately will stand in the way.

Why would this lower the price? Overmars doesn't care. Highest bid gets him. If it's below 80m we might keep him. He has a long running contract, we don't need the money and we will lose several players anyway

BarçaBarça

Why would this lower the price? Overmars doesn't care. Highest bid gets him. If it's below 80m we might keep him. He has a long running contract, we don't need the money and we will lose several players anyway

Because the player just declared he has 1 club he wants to go to. PSG can offer 500M€ to Ajax, but what good is that if he declines?
Then Ajax can say we should pay 300M, but we won't. Overmars has to calculate if holding your captain against his will is worth it + showing that Ajax-players can't go where they want is worth it. He already agreed to stay and help 1 year ago, are you going to play with fire? It's not as simple as "highest bidder gets him".

I agree that he could stay for another season, but the player himself will push for a move, and 2 years contract is not "long". Next year he will be worth maybe half of this summer, because clubs can wait 6 months more and sign with him for free .

Magyarkhan

Zet jezelf niet voor gek, DeLigt wil naar Barca :)
Dont fool yourself.... DeLigt wants to go to Barca :)

Leo_Messi

More and more talk about him arriving this summer from various local sources. If I have to make a guess it will end like the De Jong "saga". It all depends on whether or not Barto and the board will prioritize his signing.

De Ligt would probably walk to BCN if that meant us signing him and the relations between the two clubs are great.

In other words the signing is all in our own hands irrespective of interest from other clubs. Said the same thing about De Jong and have no reason to change my opinion in regards to de Ligt either.

Jajaja, so it begins.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-es-un-fichaje-estrategico-para-el-barca.html

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...la-ofensiva-por-de-ligt-despues-del-lyon.html

Now he has become a strategic signing. Not bad, not bad.

Ajax

Because the player just declared he has 1 club he wants to go to. PSG can offer 500M€ to Ajax, but what good is that if he declines?
Then Ajax can say we should pay 300M, but we won't. Overmars has to calculate if holding your captain against his will is worth it + showing that Ajax-players can't go where they want is worth it. He already agreed to stay and help 1 year ago, are you going to play with fire? It's not as simple as "highest bidder gets him".

I agree that he could stay for another season, but the player himself will push for a move, and 2 years contract is not "long". Next year he will be worth maybe half of this summer, because clubs can wait 6 months more and sign with him for free .

Mmh, makes some sense I have to admit. I thought he still has 3y to go though. Not sure.

If he would state it clearly in the media himself, not as a rumour, I wonder what would happen.. If barca would lowball ajax with a 60m offer while others offer 90m I cant imagine this transfer pushing through though

Givenchy

De Ligt, De Jong, Jovic and a backup LB (felipe luis?) with Coutinho, Gomes and Rakitic or Vidal leaving would be a great summer. give Malcom Coutinhos minutes and another season to prove himself. also i'd let Raki stay if hes okay not starting every damn game, we could rotate him with Busi at DM

-----------------------MaTS/Cillissen
Semedo/Bob-De Ligt/Pique-Umtiti/Lenglet-Alba/Luis
-------------------------Busi/Rakitic
---------------Frenkie/Alena-Arthur/Rakitic
Messi/Dembele/Malcom-Suarez/Jovic-Dembele/Malcom

if we can get 90-100mil for Coutinho that would fund De Ligt with a little extra for Jovic. Gomes to Everton would probably fund the rest of that transfer. Felipe luis on a free

FCBfan22

De Ligt, De Jong, Jovic and a backup LB (felipe luis?) with Coutinho, Gomes and Rakitic or Vidal leaving would be a great summer. give Malcom Coutinhos minutes and another season to prove himself. also i'd let Raki stay if hes okay not starting every damn game, we could rotate him with Busi at DM

-----------------------MaTS/Cillissen
Semedo/Bob-De Ligt/Pique-Umtiti/Lenglet-Alba/Luis
-------------------------Busi/Rakitic
---------------Frenkie/Alena-Arthur/Rakitic
Messi/Dembele/Malcom-Suarez/Jovic-Dembele/Malcom

if we can get 90-100mil for Coutinho that would fund De Ligt with a little extra for Jovic. Gomes to Everton would probably fund the rest of that transfer. Felipe luis on a free

Would swap Frenkie and Arthur around, since they are more comfortable vice versa. But, you have my vote with this lineup.

Home of Barca Fans