Matthijs de Ligt

Leo_Messi

:lol: I'm almost in tears.

The things you say about Lenglet and Pique... Ok, thats just a bit of a bias.

But comparing Konaté to De Ligt is just hahahaha

The joke is you having your ass up MDL's ass 24/7, you claiming that we have 0 top CB's and your idiotic one-liners. There is no bias as I am not French so I have no special reason to praise Lenglet but I do have 2 eyes though and I have watched every single game of Barça this season with the exception of the game against Leganés a few days ago although I watched that full game afterwards. I watched many Sevilla games last season as well.

Unlike you I have watched both of them numerous times so I think that I can make a rather qualified judgement, not withstanding my previous record of judging talents which is rather good. Of course I could be wrong down the road but I am 100% sure that Ibrahima Konaté will be a top player. Willing to bet a few €100's here and now that Ibrahima Konaté will play for a top club within at maximum 3 seasons. Want to take the offer, provided that we are both here on this forum by then? We can use PayPal. Hell, make that a rather small number (€500).

Last edited:

VN10

The joke is you having your ass up MDL's ass 24/7, you claiming that we have 0 top CB's and your idiotic one-liners. There is no bias as I am not French so I have no special reason to praise Lenglet but I do have 2 eyes though and I have watched every single game of Barça this season with the exception of the game against Leganés a few days ago although I watched that full game afterwards. I watched many Sevilla games last season as well.

Unlike you I have watched both of them numerous times so I think that I can make a rather qualified judgement, not withstanding my previous record of judging talents which is rather good. Of course I could be wrong down the road but I am 100% sure that Ibrahima Konaté will be a top player. Willing to bet a few €100's here and now that Ibrahima Konaté will play for a top club within at maximum 3 seasons. Want to take the offer, provided that we are both here on this forum by then? We can use PayPal. Hell, make that a rather small number (€500).

That's cool! You know which games I've seen!

Who said you are biased because you are French or not? I also watch every Barca game, I saw Lenglet at Sevilla 10+ times and I see most of Ajax games.
So you saw De Ligt on youtube, good for you! So you are overrating Lenglet, good for you!

I didn´t say that you haven´t made good calls in the past or are able to in the present. I said that you are wrong in the Lenglet vs De Ligt discussion, among other things.
Oh and besides, can you show me a picture of Lenglet with the Golden Boy award?

Oh, and stop changing your statements. You said Konaté is or will be of the same level as De Ligt. Yeah, I'd like to make that 100 euro bet for sure, hit me up in DM.
We never spoke about Konaté making or not making it into a top team.

Leo_Messi

That's cool! You know which games I've seen!

Who said you are biased because you are French or not? I also watch every Barca game, I saw Lenglet at Sevilla 10+ times and I see most of Ajax games.
So you saw De Ligt on youtube, good for you! So you are overrating Lenglet, good for you!

I didn´t say that you haven´t made good calls in the past or are able to in the present. I said that you are wrong in the Lenglet vs De Ligt discussion, among other things.
Oh and besides, can you show me a picture of Lenglet with the Golden Boy award?

Oh, and stop changing your statements. You said Konaté is or will be of the same level as De Ligt. Yeah, I'd like to make that 100 euro bet for sure, hit me up in DM.
We never spoke about Konaté making or not making it into a top team.

I know from your comments that you have never watched a single Leipzig game from the beginning to the end. Thus you have never watched Ibrahima Konaté. Thus you cannot have any idea how he matches up with de Light. I have not watched every single professional game of either but I have watched a fair share of games of both of them to form a qualified opinion.

You claimed that I was biased for rating Lenglet as a great substitute which he is.

I have watched several Ajax games this season and all Ajax home games in the CL. I watched the 4-4 game this past weekend as well where I saw (once again) that MDL has much to learn.

You are acting like I don't rate MDL. I do. However there is a difference from rating him to what you are doing.

Lenglet was bought as a substitute and for €35 million. Which part of that do you not understand?

Never changed any statements. I wrote that Ibrahima Konaté is a similar talent and that he is better on certain fronts than MDL already which is physicality and pace. That and him playing at an elite club within 3 seasons.

Well, the bet will only be relevant in 3 years time if we are both here and by then I promise to exchange PayPal accounts and €100 is basically nothing. We can make that at least €300-500.

Anyway that aside, in what galaxy is a 19 year old MDL a better defender than Umtiti and a top defender but Umtiti not?

I want to know which hashish you are smoking in the Netherlands my friend.

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] It was a bad game from Ajax. Our 'wordclass defence' (rofl) with Pique in it concedes goals against Eibar as well right? It happends.
Besides, Ajax' 2nd goalkeeper is 1.74, no joke. He played that game, and he was yeah... terrible.

De Ligt is already better than Pique and especially Lenglet, without a single doubt. Imagine where he will be in a year or 2.

Eibar is twice the team that Heerenveen is if that can even do it. Great comparison. Piqué is also a World Cup Winner, a European Championship winner, 4 times CL winner, soon to be 8 times winner of the greatest league historically and currently (La Liga) and the list is endless. In fact Piqué is one of the most decorated CB's in football history and one of the best CB's of his generation. MDL will be VERY lucky to even reach half of what Piqué has accomplished. A little bit more respect for a club legend, please.

Last edited:

VN10

I know from your comments that you have never watched a single Leipzig game from the beginning to the end. Thus you have never watched Ibrahima Konaté. Thus you cannot have any idea how he matches up with de Light. I have not watched every single professional game of either but I have watched a fair share of games of both of them to form a qualified opinion.

You claimed that I was biased for rating Lenglet as a great substitute which he is.

I have watched several Ajax games this season and all Ajax home games in the CL. I watched the 4-4 game this past weekend as well where I saw (once again) that MDL has much to learn.

You are acting like I don't rate MDL. I do. However there is a difference from rating him to what you are doing.

Lenglet was bought as a substitute and for €35 million. Which part of that do you not understand?

Never changed any statements. I wrote that Ibrahima Konaté is a similar talent and that he is better on certain fronts than MDL already which is physicality and pace. That and him playing at an elite club within 3 seasons.

Well, the bet will only be relevant in 3 years time if we are both here and by then I promise to exchange PayPal accounts and €100 is basically nothing. We can make that at least €300-500.

Anyway that aside, in what galaxy is a 19 year old MDL a better defender than Umtiti and a top defender but Umtiti not?

I want to know which hashish you are smoking in the Netherlands my friend.

Eibar is twice the team that Heerenveen is if that can even do it. Great comparison. Piqué is also a World Cup Winner, a European Championship winner, 4 times CL winner, soon to be 8 times winner of the greatest league historically and currently (La Liga) and the list is endless. In fact Piqué is one of the most decorated CB's in football history and one of the best CB's of his generation. MDL will be VERY lucky to even reach half of what Piqué has accomplished. A little bit more respect for a club legend, please.

Haha, you are insane bro! Now you also know that I don't watch Bundesliga games.

You said Lenglet is better than De Ligt. Now you change it to Lenglet being brought in as a sub and being a good sub? Bruh, make up your mind!
De Ligt is wanted by almost every top team to strengthen their first 11, Lenglet is brought on a sub at Barca.
What point are you trying to make, your are a confusing fella. On a side note, De Ligt is 19 and Lenglet is 23.

What does it bring to your argument to state that Eibar is two times the team as Heerenveen?
Isn't Barca two times better than Ajax? I thought you said you watched Ajax, lol.

Good for Pique that he has a good track record. What does this say about his current and recent skill level?
Robin van Persie used to be a top striker in the EPL, now he is at Feyenoord. In your words we can state that current vPersie is better than current Aguero, lol.
I have respect for Pique, but does that mean we cant critize him?

Mate, you have to get better at argueing. You can't even win from someone who smokes hashis ;)

Last edited:

JPM85

Would be the steal of the year if Bartomeu is in Amsterdam, and signs them both for the summer.
Combined deal of 160M would be a good deal

Leo_Messi

Haha, you are insane bro! Now you also know that I don't watch Bundesliga games.

You said Lenglet is better than De Ligt. Now you change it to Lenglet being brought in as a sub and being a good sub? Bruh, make up your mind!
De Ligt is wanted by almost every top team to strengthen their first 11, Lenglet is brought on a sub at Barca.
What point are you trying to make, your are a confusing fella. On a side note, De Ligt is 19 and Lenglet is 23.

What does it bring to your argument to state that Eibar is two times the team as Heerenveen?
Isn't Barca two times better than Ajax? I thought you said you watched Ajax, lol.

Good for Pique that he has a good track record. What does this say about his current and recent skill level?
Robin van Persie used to be a top striker in the EPL, now he is at Feyenoord. In your words we can state that current vPersie is better than current Aguero, lol.
I have respect for Pique, but does that mean we cant critize him?

Mate, you have to get better at argueing. You can't even win from someone who smokes hashis ;)

Because it is very unlikely for anyone not from Leipzig or Germany to be watching Leipzig. I did that only by chance, due to a single bet, and during a Leipzig-Mönchengladbach game, a certain Ibrahima Konaté (that I had to google after the game) caught my attention immediately. He is such a hyped player that he has 1 highlight video on Youtube that lasts 20 seconds showing a goal against some Romanian team this summer.:lol: Now, apparently, everyone knows about him and I am to believe that you have watched him at all or even more than once as I have done since then just to follow him alone.:lol:

Are you drunk? I never said that Lenglet is better than MDL but he quite possibly is as things stand now. Just due to having more experience alone. Obviously MDL has the much higher celling. You are confusing me with another user on this thread. You need to pay closer attention.

What is confusing about it being foolish to compare MDL with a substitute (bought as one as well) in Lenglet who has done his job brilliantly so far?

Is that not logical, what it will bring? For starters Piqué supposedly making a mistake against Eibar does not mean anything in terms of conclusions given his career, his usual level in top games (I already explained that). Using that logic MDL is the most overrated defender in recent years based on that performance in the weekend against a much worse team than Eibar is. Come on, quite straightforward.

Nothing but it tells me that you should have a bit of respect for him as a supposed fan. That's all. No sane person or informed one is going to claim that Piqué is the same Piqué of yesterday but some of the criticism that he is facing is also outrageous.

Sure, keep telling yourself that mate. BTW, I am not here to "win" any discussions but to have an exchange of opinions and engage in interesting discussions with like-minded fans from across the world.:pique: Not to say that I would "win" most discussions here anyway if I bothered or even without not bothering.:D

Going to open a nice bottle of red wine to celebrate the FDJ singing and to "warm up" before tonight's likely exciting game. ¡Salud!

Last edited:

VN10

Stopped reading after your first paragraph, which is utter bullshit at best.

Discussing with someone who makes assumptions in every statement and who changes his statement as it suits him, is just a waste of time.

You are delusional. Take care! :wave:

Leo_Messi

Stopped reading after your first paragraph, which is utter bullshit at best.

Discussing with someone who makes assumptions in every statement and who changes his statement as it suits him, is just a waste of time.

You are delusional. Take care! :wave:

You are incredibly bad at arguing, incredibly good at being left without arguments and great at inventing statements out of thin air. Yes, I am the one that is delusional for claiming that we have a quite big depth on the CB position provided that Umtiti's knee is not messed up, that we do NOT have 0 top defenders, that MDL is not better than Umtiti and that Ibrahima Konaté's physicality and pace is better than that of MDL. Anyone who has watched both can see that within seconds.:lol:

Weak stuff, mate.:wave:

VN10

Inventing statements, you had me there! Haha!

You are indeed one inventive fella! I'll give you that!

Read this, and try not to laugh at yourself :lol:

--

You said:
b8f4f4d2acc117e71079cbcceaa0b51e.png

And before that this:
61937de5a65390dfba5b70246a709a89.png

---

Besides those are inventive comments, they are also false.
So what did you do? Watch one game by chance, or watched a fair share of them? :lol:

I'm out, peace! ;)

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Inventing statements, you had me there! Haha!

You are indeed one inventive fella! I'll give you that!

Read this, and try not to laugh at yourself :lol:

--

You said:
b8f4f4d2acc117e71079cbcceaa0b51e.png

And before that this:
61937de5a65390dfba5b70246a709a89.png

---

Besides those are inventive comments, they are also false.
So what did you do? Watch one game by chance, or watched a fair share of them? :lol:

I'm out, peace! ;)

Am I going to believe that you have watched Leipzig and thus Ibrahima Konaté more than once this season if that can do it? Really? If you had been familiar with him you would not have laughed at the comparisons with MDL. So that was an obvious giveaway. Sorry for likely stating (most likely) the truth here. Laugh all that you want to when your posts are the laughable ones (as other users also attested to) and not mine. Ibrahima Konaté IS quicker than MDL as well as physically more imposing (stronger) as well as the taller player. Factual statements similar to Adama Traoré being quicker than Huntelaar.

Last edited:

VN10

:lol:

Oke, I'm gonna ignore the fact that your logic and deduction needs some work.

Since you seem like you are actually trying, I'm going to respond for a final time. Let me ask you a question:

- Besides the fact that top clubs rate De Ligt higher than Konaté and that De Ligt won the Golden boy while being both 19, what skills does Barca seek in a defender?

A: Physical skill and pace.

B: A good mentality, great footballing/technical skills, football intelligence and positional/tactical awareness.

A free tip to solve this mistery: compare MDL and Konaté at those areas, look into previous succesful Barca centre backs and then judge who is better suited for Barca's style!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans