Matthijs de Ligt

Yannik

He seem to beour number one target for CB atm too, we could easily beat Bayern for him IMO.

Could be first choice at Barca relatively easily. At Bayern he has Hummels, Boateng, Süle and possibly Martinez (if not played in midfield) to compete with. I would also choose Barca here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Could be first choice at Barca relatively easily. At Bayern he has Hummels, Boateng, Süle and possibly Martinez (if not played in midfield) to compete with. I would also choose Barca here.

He will be No.4 too here behind Pique, Umtiti and probably Mina.

gregorrin10

He will be No.4 too here behind Pique, Umtiti and probably Mina.

You're crazy if you think Mina would be 3rd choice before De Ligt for too long...this kid is miles off in terms of quality, even now at 18 years of age. And that's in comparison to a lot of better similar aged players out there, much less to Mina, who is not only inferior to him, but he's also already 4 years older than him. While De Ligt has the potential to become the true successor of Pique and even end up better than him at some point.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're crazy if you think Mina would be 3rd choice before De Ligt for too long...this kid is miles off in terms of quality, even now at 18 years of age. And that's in comparison to a lot of better similar aged players out there, much less to Mina, who is not only inferior to him, but he's also already 4 years older than him. While De Ligt has the potential to become the true successor of Pique and even end up better than him at some point.

If this De Ligt kid is that good and much better than Mina like you said why did we sign Mina instead of him though?

khaled_a_d

If this De Ligt kid is that good and much better than Mina like you said why did we sign Mina instead of him though?

Because once Mina moved to Brazil, we moved for him and secured that option to buy. And when Mascherano decided to leave in January we had all the cards in our hands.
De Ligt? Ajax was never gonna allow him that cheap, and unlikely to let him go in January
I didn't watch more than highlights for both Mina & De Ligt, but we have a good situation for him here and more importantly we are able to pay more in transfers than Bayern

Horatio

You're welcome
I said he improved, but lets not hype him up like that just yet. It pains me to say it, but Eredivisie has regressed.
De Ligt would probably be a walk-over physically for a lot of La Liga players.

EdmondDantes

Eredivie is poor so i´m always suspicious. They only attack. No tactics whatsoever.

True. The Eredivisie is poorer than it's been in decades but de Ligt still looks a talent. We should definitely be keeping an eye on him.

Last edited:

raki

True. The Eredivisie is poorer than it's been in decades but de Ligt still looks at talent. We should definitely be keeping an eye on him.

What´s your opinion on Frenkie de Jong?

Him and De Lights seem to be the top 2 prospects of ajax.

mia7007

This guy is the most promising talent in defender with Jonathan Tah
If we can bring him within 30m we should get him

EdmondDantes

What´s your opinion on Frenkie de Jong?

Him and De Lights seem to be the top 2 prospects of ajax.

He's pretty good too. David Neres also stands out.

If I were any of these 3, I'd stay at Ajax for at least another season and then join a club like Tottenham (ala Sanchez) and try to evolve into a superstar that could play for Barca. It's way too early for them now.

Gilberto

He's pretty good too. David Neres also stands out.

If I were any of these 3, I'd stay at Ajax for at least another season and then join a club like Tottenham (ala Sanchez) and try to evolve into a superstar that could play for Barca. It's way too early for them now.

not just Sanchez. Vertonghen and Eriksen did the same. Moves from Ajax to Tottenham seem to always work out well. With Dembele and Alderweireld, Tottenham have 2 other players that played in the Dutch league, only they needed an extra step before going to Tottenham.

Sanchez was far ahead of De Ligt while he was still at Ajax. De Ligt needs the time to reach the level Sanchez had when he left.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, Ajax players done well in Spurs. But then what?
Non of those has moved to bigger clubs and I don't see any moving to bigger ones anytime soon. It is really hard to get one of Spurs best players anyway.
I mean it is good to play for Tottenham but they have won almost nothing in past 20 years except one carling cup IIRC. I think a player like De Lige will be aiming for more than that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
de Ligt need to become good enough to make a move first.

Still probably two or three years away from even being considered for the fee Ajax would want which is 40m+. Considered, not worth.

Home of Barca Fans