Matthijs de Ligt

VN10

[MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION] While your statement of De ligt being the biggest talent just behind Messi might have been an exaggeration on your part. I would say that he is easily a top 5 talent of this generation.

Is it an exaggeration really? It's an opinion though. Can you name me a few who you think are bigger talents?

According to what I have seen, Messi is the biggest talent. Then there's nothing for a while. And then there's a group of talents like Ronaldinho, Neymar, Mbappe and Ramos. I rate De Ligt among that group.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Is it an exaggeration really? It's an opinion though. Can you name me a few who you think are bigger talents?

According to what I have seen, Messi is the biggest talent. Then there's nothing for a while. And then there's a group of talents like Ronaldinho, Neymar, Mbappe and Ramos. I rate De Ligt among that group.

And now he belongs suddenly to a group of talent just behind messi. You went from "Only Messi is better talent wise" to " Name 3 players that are more talented than De Ligt" to " He belongs to a bunch of highely rated talents" . Yh , Im done.

VN10

He belongs to that group of similar exceptional talents, and I rate him the best talent I have seen after Messi, yes.
The 'maybe' is in there cause it's my opinion. It is not a fact.

Read.

Raketa10

I'm a long time reader. Only registering 2 days a go, thats true.

But does that change the fact that you never ever respond relating to the content.
The only thing you said were lousy comments. Who needs to grow up? You have 5k posts. That's sad.

And yes, De Ligt is maybe one of the biggest talents I have seen growing up from a teen to adulthood. There's a 'maybe' in there, did you see?
I did not see the whole carreer of players like Maldini, the Brasilian Ronaldo or Cruijff. So they are not part of my statement.

So please, if you have any self worth, name me 3 bigger talents in your opinion. Or call me a retard or a troll again, then I know what kind of a person you are.

And you are in your thirties? Interesting...

VN10

And you are in your thirties? Interesting...

Another post without an argument or a comment related to the contents of my statement.
Your mom is proud, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I'm 31. Ronaldo made his debut in Europe in '93. That's 26 years ago, I was 5 back then.
How good is your memory?

Rofl what a dude this [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION].

Can we stop calling me a troll or retard?
Respond to the contents of my posts, or dont respond to me at all cause your behaviour is a shame for this forum.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Another post without an argument or a comment related to the contents of my statement.

So you don't like Van Trollsten, Johan Trollf and Van De Trollus? It's a pity they were exceptional talents but you probably don't remember them since they were the same generation as Ronaldo. Never mind, the most important thing is to make your mum proud. Just keep it up!

Don't mind Raketa10. For him, Rakitić is the greatest talent ever.

And a Troll finds a Troll. Now two of you can be best buddies. :D

Porque

VN10 makes a good point. De Ligt seems a generational talent in central defence.

Our last 2 decades of success has been built on generational talents in central defence (Puyol then Pique) Midfield (Xavi, Iniesta, possibly Busquets) Attack (Ronaldinho then Messi).

The question of debate is then, if we can only buy one of De Ligt or De Jong, which one is going to be a world class option for us for the next 10 years?

And secondly, for the one we do not get, what are the alternatives so that we do not rue not getting them?

I personally think its easier to find a great centreback than a great midfielder in the current market so would go for De Jong, while also admitting that De Ligt can be the bigger talent.

If we do not get De Ligt then there alot of options at levels similar to Marquez, Lenglet who as long as can play the ball well and excel positionally should assure our style.

If we do not get De Jong then unless we have an LE-esque manager who can bypass the midfield with vertically then we may struggle to find Barcelona level midfielders who are balanced.

Of course all this talk of generation talent and an injury can undoe it all. Umtiti was world class before his problems, and Kompany was probably the last talked about generational centreback before injuries stunted him.

KingLeo10

ramos? as in sergio ramos? :valverde:

also, talent wise ronaldinho belongs in the Messi tier. In his prime, he was absolutely unstoppable. Big, big goals against a strong Chelsea, Milan, and Real Madrid. His only problem was work ethic.

Messigician

Yeah, I'm 31. Ronaldo made his debut in Europe in '93. That's 26 years ago, I was 5 back then.
How good is your memory?

Rofl what a dude this [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION].

Can we stop calling me a troll or retard?
Respond to the contents of my posts, or dont respond to me at all cause your behaviour is a shame for this forum.

Just got here, if you are not a troll then you are very young. Your posts do not reflect reality if you are serious.

VN10

Just got here, if you are not a troll then you are very young. Your posts do not reflect reality if you are serious.

It's an opinion, and it is not unrealistic at all. He won the golden boy, remember? I must not be the only one that rates him very highly.

I'm 31, as mentioned before.

VN10

ramos? as in sergio ramos? :valverde:

also, talent wise ronaldinho belongs in the Messi tier. In his prime, he was absolutely unstoppable. Big, big goals against a strong Chelsea, Milan, and Real Madrid. His only problem was work ethic.

Work ethic = mentality, mentality = part of the talent judgement.

Ronaldinho is not in Messi's tier. At all. Messi is one of a kind.

Yeah, Sergio Ramos, why? He was a very very big talent. Because he is an absolute douchebag and playing for Madrid doesnt mean that he wasn't an exceptional sought after talent.

Home of Barca Fans