Matthijs de Ligt

giorgoXXI

Some sources say his release clause is 125m which is quite low for today's standards, so we could see him at Barca in a couple of years

cro-man

Some sources say his release clause is 125m which is quite low for today's standards, so we could see him at Barca in a couple of years

125 buyout clause signing bonus for the fat rat and those already huge wages which will even rise when someone wants him:lol: No thanks! We dont have a law here which will lower taxes here and its the only reason why he is earning so much at juve and the only reason why they got him.

Arizona Scott

MDL lack of speed and quickness could be a pretty big flaw. He could well top out as a Hummels or the slightly overrated (in his career) Thiago Silva. He may not be a difference maker of a CB like a VVD or i their prime's Ramos, Pique (very quick feet along with his size and judgement), Godin (underrated as an athlete on top of great judgement and toughness), Ferdinand, John Terry, etc.

I am just as high on quite a few CBs toiling the Bundesliga for becoming a difference maker as CB, though I think the likelihood of MDL not being very capable as a serie a defender is very remote. I think a pretty good move for Juve but not one I am that disappointed in missing at that price. Honestly Jovic seemed like a bigger miss/better value, but since we got AG that one may not matter that much either.

VN10

MDL lack of speed and quickness could be a pretty big flaw. He could well top out as a Hummels or the slightly overrated (in his career) Thiago Silva. He may not be a difference maker of a CB like a VVD or i their prime's Ramos, Pique (very quick feet along with his size and judgement), Godin (underrated as an athlete on top of great judgement and toughness), Ferdinand, John Terry, etc.

I am just as high on quite a few CBs toiling the Bundesliga for becoming a difference maker as CB, though I think the likelihood of MDL not being very capable as a serie a defender is very remote. I think a pretty good move for Juve but not one I am that disappointed in missing at that price. Honestly Jovic seemed like a bigger miss/better value, but since we got AG that one may not matter that much either.

Haha. Damn thats some horseshit.

Hand-egg ain't football.

Raki13

Hes just came out and said Sarri was the one that convinced him for Juve.
Do these idiots actually believe that anybody falls for this garbage ?
Like Neymar and almost every other player these days you choose money , nothing else matters.

Hawk

The same applies to john terry, who was the epitome of this. covered up well with world class talents around him.

malvolio

Like Neymar and almost every other player these days you choose money , nothing else matters.

now watch barcaforum members tell us that he didn't join us because of valverde :lol:

Zidane82

Have you seen a video of him actually saying that ?

Sarri is a laughing stock for moving Kante the best holding midfielder out of his position and playing him on the right wing !!

Sarri also apparently made the exact same substitution ( same two players ) at the same time about 23 times last season - that’s bordering lunacy imho

It’s a toss up between him and Valverde as to who is the biggest idiot .

Ustari

Mou, res!
Have you seen a video of him actually saying that ?

Sarri is a laughing stock for moving Kante the best holding midfielder out of his position and playing him on the right wing !!

Sarri also apparently made the exact same substitution ( same two players ) at the same time about 23 times last season - that’s bordering lunacy imho

It’s a toss up between him and Valverde as to who is the biggest idiot .

I know you watched a lot of EPL matches but Kante under Sarri was not playing as RW :lol:

Arizona Scott

Haha. Damn thats some horseshit.

Hand-egg ain't football.

So you are saying De Ligt is pacey and quick footed (they are not the same thing BTW)? When i have seen him he looks rather ordinary in those attributes.

Hand-egg whatever, but what makes VVD a difference maker includes his athleticism on top of other fine qualities.

Arizona Scott

The same applies to john terry, who was the epitome of this. covered up well with world class talents around him.

John Terry in his prime was pretty quick and carried the Chelsea defense. He is an a-hole, but opponents will tell you his impact on the pitch.

Campos

So you are saying De Ligt is pacey and quick footed (they are not the same thing BTW)? When i have seen him he looks rather ordinary in those attributes.

Hand-egg whatever, but what makes VVD a difference maker includes his athleticism on top of other fine qualities.

I think you haven't seen him enough,
He might seems slow, but he's actually surprisingly quick (not the quickest, but far from slow)
And since when does a good defender has to be quick ?

Was Cannavaro fast, was Maldini fast, was Koeman fast (i can go on with this list)?

Good judgment, timing, leadership, positional awareness and tackling are much more important. Besides that, De Ligt is also great on the ball.

I know some of us are a bit bitter. But common, it's not the end of the world. Time will tell how good he will become. Let's move on.

Messigician

I think you haven't seen him enough,
He might seems slow, but he's actually surprisingly quick (not the quickest, but far from slow)
And since when does a good defender has to be quick ?

Was Cannavaro fast, was Maldini fast, was Koeman fast (i can go on with this list)?

Good judgment, timing, leadership, positional awareness and tackling are much more important. Besides that, De Ligt is also great on the ball.

I know some of us are a bit bitter. But common, it's not the end of the world. Time will tell how good he will become. Let's move on.

Yes all 3 of the defenders you mentioned were very fast. Especially Maldini and Koeman who played fullback many times Due to their speed

Home of Barca Fans