Matthijs de Ligt

El Gato

Villarato!
Some of you really need to learn to judge things at face value. Kid is 18 and being talked about as if it's a VVD calibre player (which he may well be) joining Juventus, Barcelona or Man Utd.

Tackle

Some of you really need to learn to judge things at face value. Kid is 18 and being talked about as if it's a VVD calibre player (which he may well be) joining Juventus, Barcelona or Man Utd.

+1

VVD has been playing like one of the top 10 ten CBs in history since his move to Liverpool. De Ligt being younger does not mean he will ever reach his level. In fact it's very improbable he ever peaks at anything close to the calibre of player VVD was this past season. See this rubbish being tossed about all too often. Development is not linear.

Not at all suggesting De Ligt won't improve, but he looks like an early bloomer that hit a very high physical and mental level at a young age. Adding more muscle to his already bulky frame would make him slower than he already is. De Ligt is already rather slow at age 19 and his ability to keep up with pacy attackers will only decline from here on out. One aspect of his game VVD is renowned for is his remarkable pace, De Ligt is the antithesis of this.

He is without at doubt the best CB prospect in world football at the moment, but the muppets throwing tantrums on here like he's guaranteed to have some all-time career need to get a grip.

abbbs97

Yeah, this kid is getting really annoying. Juve should just announce him already so we can close this saga once and for all.
I bet he joined Juve mostly because the tax rate is much lower than Spain and other countries. I dont buy him going to Juve because of sporting reasons. He would start here over any of our CBs. Yes, even over Pique, because I dont think Pique will continue his recent strong form for much longer.
Oriol also said yesterday that he'll have a 150m release clause cause he eventually wants to go to Barca after a few years. Does that look like someone who wants to join Juve purely because of sporting reasons?

We got the better Dutch anyway. and I'm not just saying that because we lost out on de Ligt. For Barca especially, generational midfielders > generational defenders.

El Gato

Villarato!
Annoying because he's taking his time choosing the right suitor without caving into entitled Barca fans flooding his social media begging him to come and help to save the ship?

Haha.

Must hurt to know he's not that bothered about representing Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is absolutely nothing wrong with him joining Juventus. De Ligt is not Barca fan, never was. He values money and playing time/guaranteed starting position over other things, which is understandable.

But he didn't have to come out like that telling everyone as a child how much he liked Ronaldo. He didn't have to explain why he is joining Juventus. He doesn't owe anybody an explanation. Why sell himself cheap like this?

Givenchy

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him joining Juventus. De Ligt is not Barca fan, never was. He values money and playing time/guaranteed starting position over other things, which is understandable.

But he didn't have to come out like that telling everyone as a child how much he liked Ronaldo. He didn't have to explain why he is joining Juventus. He doesn't owe anybody an explanation. Why sell himself cheap like this?

he has to.. anyone who openly admits Messi is a better player than Ronaldo has to do the u-turn dick sucking on Ronaldo when hes joining the same club as him

VN10

Dafuq? Nonsense. Jon Snow.

By the way, he was asked questions. It's not like he invented the quote about Ronaldo himself.

Barca deserves De Ligt, but most of you fans don't. Rubbish. Actual rubbish what you write here. Luckily the Spanish speaking fans have more sense, class and brains.

El Gato

Villarato!

How could you possibly know what motivates him?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How could you possibly know what motivates him?

It is as clear as day, isn't it?

Playing time: He himself said several times keeping playing is very important to him. Koeman also said that's what De Ligt told him, he needs to keep playing.

Money: He hired Raiola and gave him a free reign to get the fattest contract there can be. So far Juventus' reported or rumored offer, at 14m net, is the highest, more than what PSG and we offered him. And Juventus is most likely (90%, 95%, take your pick) where he will be.

Putting 2 and 2 together.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dafuq? Nonsense. Jon Snow.

By the way, he was asked questions. It's not like he invented the quote about Ronaldo himself.

Barca deserves De Ligt, but most of you fans don't. Rubbish. Actual rubbish what you write here. Luckily the Spanish speaking fans have more sense, class and brains.

What was the question? Does he like Ronaldo or not? I am genuinely curious.

What do you want me to say to make you happy? That De Ligt is definitely joining us? hahaha, enjoy playing ostrich until the announcement then.

khaled_a_d

Making shit up to avoid saying it was because of money is always my favorite part of transfers :D

I am praying that the day will come when players can just come and say "I am here because you presented me with the best financial offer"
I hate this part, no one believes it anymore and yet it is mandatory

Home of Barca Fans