Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

Why would he sign for Sarri who’s most famous for moving arguably the best holding midfielder in the world ( Kante ) out of his normal position to playing him where he had relatively little influence ?

Sarri also started Barkley and then subbed in Kovacic 24 times last season !!!

Messi983

Barça won't make a better offer imo. I'm ok with this as I don't think we need him that much right now but if we won't get De Ligt I'm affraid we'll seriously consider buying Neymar so I would prefer to pay Ajax 70M and give MDL 10-12M wages then spend 200M (or 100M+Coutinho/Dembele) for Neyboy and pay him 25M and who knows how much more to his greedy father. As much as I dislike Raiola I still prefer to deal with him than Neydad.

Devils

It's perfect for Juve tbh.

Their defense is aging and they need to reinforce it. Raiola is well received at Juve and Juve are building a new project.

Think what you want, dawgs, but Juve signing Ronaldo last year was a message to the rest of Europe that they will pay big money for the best players on the market.

Incredible.

xxxxxx

Going to Juventus will be such a better move for him.... and he could always be sold in the future if he goes there. If he goes to PSG, he'll be there till his contract runs out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Was the same with de Jong but Barça came in with a last minute offer, like Juve this time.

Can't blame the player to chose the team that shows they want and value him the most.

If Barça comes with an improved offer, he will chose them.

It is good business done by de Ligt and Raiola to get the most out of his hype.

Not specifically “blaming” him, just trying to crush the silly illusion that he is going to Juventus because of Ronaldo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fabrizio Romano
De Ligt situation.
Talks ongoing between Juventus and his agent Mino Raiola about the wage: €12M/season + add ons. There would be a release clause into his contract. But PSG are still in the race and made new contacts with Raiola.

see you at Barca in 3-4 years, Matthijs

If so it has to be at least 100m and probably a lot more if Juventus put it in place to prevent him from leaving.

Not sure if we will be willing to pay upwards 100m or more for him or any CB for that matter. Also not sure if we will want to match his salary at Juventus.

FC433

I think that is a very wise decision. I wanted him, of course, but it is not the end of the world. If the pst reports were true, then there is nothing to regret, hopefully.

Newcomer

If so it has to be at least 100m and probably a lot more if Juventus put it in place to prevent him from leaving.

Not sure if we will be willing to pay upwards 100m or more for him or any CB for that matter. Also not sure if we will want to match his salary at Juventus.

It is supposed to be 150 M first year and it keeps increasing by 20 M€ every year.

Home of Barca Fans