Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Your source - salt - told me that it's better to use him in cooking.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a PSG fan, I hope you guys are right but I highly doubt it.

No salt at all. Just trying to be realistic and not playing ostrich.

VN10

The source who broke this, Mike Verweij at De Telegraaf, is considered tier 1 source when it comes to all things Ajax.

De Ligt's girlfriend and mother in law were spotted in Paris, unless you believe he was lying then something is up. Merely sight-seeing? I don't think so.

At this point fans of different clubs are just believing what they want to believe, really.

Frenkie's entourage also visited houses in Paris, and we all know where he will play football next season :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Frenkie's entourage also visited houses in Paris, and we all know where he will play football next season :)

That was BEFORE Bartomeu hopped on a plane and went to Amsterdam to meet with De Jong.

This is AFTER Bartomeu hopped on a plane and went to Amsterdam to meet with De Ligt and came away disappointed.

MAJOR difference that some choose to ignore.

Devils

See cro-man's post above. Raiola is playing games.

The fact that De Ligt's girlfriend and mother were in Paris doing house-hunting speaks volumes.

haha I bet you were saying the same thing when De Jong's gf was posting pics of her near the Eiffel Tower in January as well.

De Ligt said a few days ago he still hasn't made a decision and now his agent says that the recent reports of Paris are just Fake News.

This is turning out the exact same way as the De Jong saga...everything is settled and he is set for PSG...until Barca came in.

Even that Mike Verweig didn't see Barca getting De Jong, until the moment it actually happened, dawg.

Raketa10

That was BEFORE Bartomeu hopped on a plane and went to Amsterdam to meet with De Jong.

This is AFTER Bartomeu hopped on a plane and went to Amsterdam to meet with De Ligt and came away disappointed.

MAJOR difference that some choose to ignore.

When did Barto meet De Ligt? As far as I know he didn't. When Barto goes Barto delivers. :D

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
haha I bet you were saying the same thing when De Jong's gf was posting pics of her near the Eiffel Tower in January as well.

De Ligt said a few days ago he still hasn't made a decision and now his agent says that the recent reports of Paris are just Fake News.

This is turning out the exact same way as the De Jong saga...everything is settled and he is set for PSG...until Barca came in.

Even that Mike Verweig didn't see Barca getting De Jong, until the moment it actually happened, dawg.

See my post above, #3430. We already "came in", Bartomeu already went to Amsterdam and felt less optimistic about his signing.

I am not saying he is 100% PSG bound but some of you guys just refuse to shed any tears until you see the coffin.

cro-man

Didnt de jong admit that he almost ended up at psg and even gave his yes to psg before barca came with a last minute offer and snatched him away? We barely got de jong and he was a big fan of barcelona but de ligt isnt if i am not mistaken. If we match their offer i can totally see us getting him but atm de ligt is psg bound.

Devils

See my post above, #3430. We already "came in", Bartomeu already went to Amsterdam and felt less optimistic about his signing.

I am not saying he is 100% PSG bound but some of you guys just refuse to shed any tears until you see the coffin.

Nobody reliable has reported that Barto when to Amsterdam to talk to De Ligt.

Bit rich considering you've been admitting defeat consistently over the past few months that we've lost this guy to 1) Bayern 2) Juve and now 3) PSG.

Your narrative changes more than some of these tabloid papers that stir up these fanbases.

Jair Ventura

If Barca matches PSG’s offer they will land the player. Problem this time around is whether or not they’re willing and/or able to do so.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When did Barto meet De Ligt? As far as I know he didn't. When Barto goes Barto delivers. :D

In April. A whole Barca contingent went to Amsterdam to meet with De Ligt and his entourage, not just Bartomeu apparently, Segura and Abidal went as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nobody reliable has reported that Barto when to Amsterdam to talk to De Ligt.

Bit rich considering you've been admitting defeat consistently over the past few months that we've lost this guy to 1) Bayern 2) Juve and now 3) PSG.

Your narrative changes more than some of these tabloid papers that stir up these fanbases.

My narrative didn't change, I was simply pointing out what various outlets (mostly Sport and MD) have said in the last several months.

Admitting defeat? Nah, much less so than you capitulating to Real Madrid after every signing they made this summer.

Ammar17j

He's going on vacation. So all the media stuff are a joke atm.. Don't believe anything even Mike Verweij can't be trusted. The media are creating something that does not exist.. So don't judge Matthijs de Ligt. (I was even worried for a moment) He will take his time and probably pick a club after he comes back from holidays. i'd be suprised if hes confirming his future this week.. Nothing specific at the moment

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans