Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

It just feels like choosing Man Utd now is not a good choice. He's not going to develop at Utd. They have no leaders there.... they barely have any top players for him to play around. And the top players they have, they look like they're on their way out.

I agree about all that but realistically, if Liverpool has done it (and they were almost bankrupted), MU can do it.
Their problem is they were wasting big money on shit players. If they spend on good players, they can take back their spot at the top.

Raketa10

Guys come on let's stay calm at least until the end of the season. There is one more game to play. There is no way we'll announce new signings before Copa final. Most probably nothing will happen before the 1st of June.

abbbs97

I agree about all that but realistically, if Liverpool has done it (and they were almost bankrupted), MU can do it.
Their problem is they were wasting big money on shit players. If they spend on good players, they can take back their spot at the top.

But Liverpool had Klopp, a world class manager, as well as a better board and owner of the Club. While United have Ole, far worse owners in Woodward and the Glazers. I dont see United's situation changing until they get a better owner and manager.

Newcomer

But Liverpool had Klopp, a world class manager, as well as a better board and owner of the Club. While United have Ole, far worse owners in Woodward and the Glazers. I dont see United's situation changing until they get a better owner and manager.

Agree with all that but MU has money. And if that money can buy great players, they'll be good.
I think we will all agree that buying de Ligt would be a good choice. So that means they can turn it around with their financial might.

But we are just talking semantics here. I'm sure he will end up in Barcelona. I'm just defending his choice to chose another club if he wanted.

Raketa10

United is pure shit simple as that. Horrible team with a joke of a manager and probably only one hugely talented player (Rashford). Everything else is way bellow a top level. If he goes there he will end up like Pogba who basically went to a worse club only for money.

Even if they do everything right on the market which is highly unlikable, they will need at least 3 years to build a respectable team. They will also need a manager who can develop those players because Solskjear for sure isn't one. So going there right now means intentionally stopping your development as a player for at least year or two and that's a very dangerous path for a young player. Just look what happened to Pogba.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Definitely give Todibo more playing time but Umtiti is a huge concern, looks like it is both physical (his knee) and mental (he had quite a few games where he appeared he didn't care so much to chase the opposing player, perhaps he didn't want to rupture his knee or something). Pique will need to be replaced soon anyway. We still need a new CB even if Todibo turns out good.

xxxxxx

Not anyone has Raiola to negociate great deals.
MU knows they will have to overpay if they want the most wanted CB on the market.

But we are just discussing about a fake tweet, so why bother with the sum quoted ?

I'm just saying that MU is still loaded, a big name in football and there are playing time and money waiting for good players.

Problem is.... Man Utd have spent a shit load of money in the past 8 years, gone from manager to manager and they've actually gone downhill. Will splashing around £300m in the summer make any difference? I doubt it will. They still have too many shit players in their squad. Them bringing in 3 or 4 top players will help in some sense, but I don't think it's enough for them to get top 4..... especially when they don't even have a quality manager. Also, it seems like they're bringing in mostly young players in for big fees. I honestly don't think having inexperienced young players is going to help them that much. They also rushed giving Solskjær a contract. He isn't the answer, and I'm willing to bet they struggle next year with him in charge.

Man Utd are a shit show at the moment. Even when Fergie was manager towards the end, he knew their squad was awful. He stepped out at the right time knowing where Utd was heading. You can have all the money in the world and still be a big name.... but if you don't have the right manager or board, you're going to struggle down the road.

Last edited:

Newcomer

United is pure shit simple as that. Horrible team with a joke of a manager and probably only one hugely talented player (Rashford). Everything else is way bellow a top level. If he goes there he will end up like Pogba who basically went to a worse club only for money.

This is why they need to start buying top level player.

But here you say they shouldn't be allowed to buy those players because they are shit now.
How are they going to be good again then ?

xxxxxx

Agree with all that but MU has money. And if that money can buy great players, they'll be good.
I think we will all agree that buying de Ligt would be a good choice. So that means they can turn it around with their financial might.

But we are just talking semantics here. I'm sure he will end up in Barcelona. I'm just defending his choice to chose another club if he wanted.

They've had money to spend for the past 8 years..... but they've brought in shite like Lukaku, Fred and Matic. Having money doesn't mean jack shit if you don't spend it wisely. Like look at their squad, it's pure shit. Players like Smalling, Young, Jones and Rojo are still there.

Newcomer

Problem is.... Man Utd have spent a shit load of money in the past 8 years, gone from manager to manager and they've actually gone downhill. Will splashing around £300m in the summer make any difference? I doubt it will. They still have too many shit players in their squad. Them bringing in 3 or 4 top players will help in some sense, but I don't think it's enough for them to get top 4..... especially when they don't even have a quality manager. Also, it seems like they're brining in mostly young players in for big fees. I honestly don't having inexperienced young players is going to help them that much. They also rushed giving Solskjær a contract. He isn't the answer, and I'm willing to bet they struggle next year with him in charge.

Man Utd are a shit show at the moment. Even when Fergie was manager towards the end, he knew their squad was awful. He stepped out at the right time knowing where Utd was heading. You have all the money in the world and still be a big name.... but if you don't have the right manager or board, you're going to struggle down the road.

Don't you agree that buying de Ligt would be a step in the right direction by MU ?

Givenchy

Don't you agree that buying de Ligt would be a step in the right direction by MU ?

signing a 19 year old CB on £230k wages pw (numbers keeps changing) isn't a step in the right direction for anyone or football. its ridiculous and like you pointed out Barcas insane wage structure or lack thereof, even we aren't that crazy

They've had money to spend for the past 8 years..... but they've brought in shite like Lukaku, Fred and Matic. Having money doesn't mean jack shit if you don't spend it wisely. Like look at their squad, it's pure shit. Players like Smalling, Young, Jones and Rojo are still there.

It's a minor miracle how badly they have been in the transfer market. ABU's would never have dreamed they would have had it this good. Great stuff

signing a 19 year old CB on £230k wages pw (numbers keeps changing) isn't a step in the right direction for anyone or football. its ridiculous and like you pointed out Barcas insane wage structure or lack thereof, even we aren't that crazy

His age should be irrelevant, if he is the best player at the club, and if he goes to Utd he will be, then it's natural he should be the best paid player at the club.

Raketa10

This is why they need to start buying top level player.

But here you say they shouldn't be allowed to buy those players because they are shit now.
How are they going to be good again then ?

I never said they shouldn't be allowed. I said that going there is not the right choice for a young player who has better options on the table. For a 19y old player earning 10 mil or 14 mil should be irrelevant. Both of those salaries are outrageous and from sporting aspect Barca is a way better deal.

Home of Barca Fans