Matthijs de Ligt

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Where to fit him? We already have Umtiti and Lenglet as left footed defenders.

Barca should phase out Pique anyway , because it seems that he isn't that intrested in football anyway. And who knows how Lenglet will perform.

It doesnt matter that much , just look at Varane and Ramos both are right footed and they got 4 CL's in 5 years and he is right footed either way.

Last edited:

Joan

Doubt we get him. They'd take us to the cleaners.

Pavard (for 30?) might be a good option.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Then you are not realizing how big a talent he is , which is why I am saying that he should be number 1 priority.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Bayern are going to sign him next summer. I believe they already have a deal with him as Pavard want to stay in Germany too.

Man City, PSG and other teams seem to have enough CBs so I'm not sure there will be that huge of a market for him where a team can offer him a lot of minutes right away. Unless he want to move to clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd where one is in the process of getting sold or at least put on the market while the other one is a big mess.

Perhaps Juve, but they are penny pinchers. Real Madrid might be looking into him as Ramos gets older too, but in any case Barca should be in for him all the way.

Hopefully Paco does well for BVB so we get that money and Rafinha if he's sold goes for a decent fee too. We could be in a surplus where we'll be able to afford De Ligt, De Jong and a new striker next summer.

I hope Barca draw them in the CL.

Joan

Bayern are going to sign him next summer. I believe they already have a deal with him as Pavard want to stay in Germany too.

Man City, PSG and other teams seem to have enough CBs so I'm not sure there will be that huge of a market for him where a team can offer him a lot of minutes right away. Unless he want to move to clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd where one is in the process of getting sold or at least put on the market while the other one is a big mess.

Perhaps Juve, but they are penny pinchers. Real Madrid might be looking into him as Ramos gets older too, but in any case Barca should be in for him all the way.

Hopefully Paco does well for BVB so we get that money and Rafinha if he's sold goes for a decent fee too. We could be in a surplus where we'll be able to afford De Ligt, De Jong and a new striker next summer.

I hope Barca draw them in the CL.

Remember Sebastian Kehl? Moved to BVB from Freiburg in 2002. But there was a controversy. Before, he agreed all the terms with Bayern, even received 1,5 mil from them. Uli threatened to take legal actions against him so he returned the money. Pavard for 30 is an amazing job.

I don't think we're getting him for anything less than 80 mil. Would you pay that much?

By the way, doing a LordLichtenstein there? :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Remember Sebastian Kehl? Moved to BVB from Freiburg in 2002. But there was a controversy. Before, he agreed all the terms with Bayern, even received 1,5 mil from them. Uli threatened to take legal actions against him so he returned the money. Pavard for 30 is an amazing job.

I don't think we're getting him for anything less than 80 mil. Would you pay that much?

By the way, doing a LordLichtenstein there? :lol:

I think Ajax will sell for 55-60m if Barca can convince De Ligt to come.

I'd pay that if his performances in the CL this season are very good too.

Donatello

Where to fit him? We already have Umtiti and Lenglet as left footed defenders.

First, we don't know how good Lenglet is.

Second, We need to replace Pique as well.

Third, De ligt can prove to be an able competitor, one to challenge for his position.

About both being left footed, I think we can compromise that for getting a very good Pique replacement.

(Note: Maldini and Nesta were same footed aswell.)

We should go for him next season. This season, let's see his development, plus how good Lenglet is.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION]
Why would you care about preferred foot of a defender when buying them? Top level defenders can't afford to have a weak foot anyway, they're the ones that cannot make a mistake under pressure so absolutely have to be able to use both well enough. Doesn't matter if they're both preferred right or left footed.

khaled_a_d

Don't like him at all, think he was France weakest point in WC and was really overhyped.

I think Ajax will sell for 55-60m if Barca can convince De Ligt to come.

I'd pay that if his performances in the CL this season are very good too.

I think Ajax will aim for Laporte/Kepa/Van Dajik type of deal

Joan

Don't like him at all, think he was France weakest point in WC and was really overhyped.

Judging by the WC, yes. You're right. But he played as a RB there.

I can't see De Ligt (if he keeps it up) going for anything less than 80 mil.

Donatello

Judging by the WC, yes. You're right. But he played as a RB there.

I can't see De Ligt (if he keeps it up) going for anything less than 80 mil.

Definitely.

If he performs well this season, it could well end up in a bidding war between Juve, Barca, Bayern and RM.

Messi983

I doubt Bayern will go in a bidding war. They will sign Pavard next season anyway so I don't see them going after De Ligt.

Home of Barca Fans