Matteo Darmian

Martindn

Has he been playing better than Sergi Roberto?

Hes uncertain going forward as of yet but defensively hes one of the best i have seen wearing the shirt better than any RB since Neville and i loved Rafael, a player going to the right or left of him has been no problem he always seems to nick the ball especially as last man back. And most important he has been consistently good, what does everyone else think? Ive no idea how good Roberto is.

Vegeta

Hes uncertain going forward as of yet but defensively hes one of the best i have seen wearing the shirt better than any RB since Neville and i loved Rafael, a player going to the right or left of him has been no problem he always seems to nick the ball especially as last man back. And most important he has been consistently good, what does everyone else think? Ive no idea how good Roberto is.

Well, there are highlights at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1HT1-6CAU

Xavinho

Valencia is out injured so Darmian started against Crystal Palace. Offered nothing going forward and looked uncertain defensively. Van Gaal took him out because he looked in danger of being sent off, but he picked up yet another yellow card which means he'll be suspended for the next match.

I remember we were linked to this guy at one point last season which thankfully turned out to be false. Always thought he was mediocre. United fans seem to be running out of patience with him. They must be regretting missing out on Clyne who looked so good against Chelsea.

But maybe he's just struggling so much because it's his first season in the EPL, and he'll improve next year.

Dave Saves

Valencia is out injured so Darmian started against Crystal Palace. Offered nothing going forward and looked uncertain defensively. Van Gaal took him out because he looked in danger of being sent off, but he picked up yet another yellow card which means he'll be suspended for the next match.

I remember we were linked to this guy at one point last season which thankfully turned out to be false. Always thought he was mediocre. United fans seem to be running out of patience with him. They must be regretting missing out on Clyne who looked so good against Chelsea.

But maybe he's just struggling so much because it's his first season in the EPL, and he'll improve next year.

Defensively he is good but offers nothing going forward at the moment, but hard to pin the blame only on him, we're as blunt as a hammer at the moment. If the team starts to play better (that's a very big if right now), I expect his output to also increase. Don't think the fans are running out of patience with him, but yeah, right now Clyne seems like the better buy.

anguy

I believe he was quite good for United at the beginning, although I stopped tracking him month ago. Anyway I always thought he was supposed to become Adriano replacement, because he is so universal and can play both left and right FB.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Quite odd, as I always thought that if Darmian had problems, it would be more defensive related than attacking. IIRC he was quite an attacking wing back for Torino, or am I mistaken?

And at the beginning he looked quite good going forward too so maybe it's something to do with his healt, confidence or the mad man LvG?

Falcao

It's just a dip after starting very well, he'll get back on track but people are quick to make instant judgements. Nacho Monreal was very poor for Arsenal looking weak and indecisive but now after settling he has been one of the best LB's in the league the past calendar year.

Don't think that Clyne has been that great for LFC either.

J

Jamie Cal

Yeah, I'm with Falcao. It's a dip in form, which was likely considering United being utter shit atm. And Clyne is good but I doubt United are losing sleep over him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If the rumors are indeed true that Mou wants to get rid of him..... We should probably consider signing him.

Would add depth to both full back positions and would not be too expensive either.

Home of Barca Fans