Mats Hummels

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sell Pique for 35, bring in Hummels. Keep Bartra as back up.
this

:lol:
Hummels over Pique :rofl1:
What's so funny about it!? HUmmels is better than Pique anyway and he wouldn't enjoy the star status here, like Pique does now, so would be careful in training and avoid the stupidd nonchalant attiude of Pique while playing

Subotic > Hummels

If the lazy ass Pique would stay here forever then it would be better to sign Subotic yeah

pEllee

Like I said in the Germany thread; Is he really supposed to be one of the top defenders around? If so, the standards have dropped. I think he's incredibly overrated. No, I don't really watch Dortmund in the Bundesliga but I've seen him play in the CL and for Germany and he's never really looked like a top class defender.

He's not even that much of an upgrade. He's just another Pique, a slightly better Pique.

slvtn

That's just speculation and Bild is probably the most unreliable source you'll find in Germany. On the other hand, I'd like to see Hummels play for Barca.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
As I said, barcastuff's account of the Bild article is wrong. The article doesn't say anywhere that they signed a successor (who appears to be Schär), they just say they are interested. And the rest sounds rather speculative.

And that new Zorc quote barcastuff quoted is wrong as well, as he wasn't talking about Hummels when saying that, but about Schär. They don't really check their sources sufficiently.

Zorc (sports director Dortmund): "Hummels to join Barça next year? That's one of many rumours, which mostly appear to be fake..." [bild]

Last edited:

ccesc

If hummels is a good defender? :D
No question. He is amazing. The last year wasn't that good. But he is fast, good at heading, tackling and playmaking. He has an great character, too. He is a smart kid. I always love listening to his interviews. And don't forget his awesome hair :D

I'd miss him in Dortmund but I wouldn't be angry at him for leaving. We still have Sokratis and Subotic.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Considering how he complained about FIFA/UEFA bias towards la liga players, it would be a bit ironic if he moved to Barca.

BigBarcaBoy

I like Hummels but for the last 18 months or so he has really got into some bad habits, making basic mistakes and showing a lack of concentration, he needs to improve a lot to fulfill his potential.

serghei

35m is a lot for Hummels. Good defender, not sure if worldclass yet, but I've seen plenty of games in wich he made costly mistakes. Even if we buy him, selling Pique might not be the best thing to do, as he could get better having tougher competition for his position.

Anyway, Hummels is great in the air IMO, so he could improve us at set pieces. And he's young and he has experience. And he's not a bad passer. So, he could turn out be a great buy for us after all. I like buying young, talented players so I fancy the move.

Gaudi

Maybe I'm the only one but I rate Luiz higher than Hummels. Also, Hummels looks slow which is the main thing Barca defender should avoid, especially with Pique beeing next to you in defence

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Hermann Hummels (father and agent): "New rumours about transfer to Barcelona? There's nothing to it!" [kicker]

There you have it.

Home of Barca Fans