Matheus Fernandes

Messi983

Played all 90 minutes.
IF they rate him and want him on loan next year I won't mind it.

I think he played well in both games but don't think Sergio Gonzales really rates him too much so I'd prefer him to go on loan to another team if he won't stay at the club next season.

That said, Ronaldo might like him and try to bring him back on loan but Gonzalez is not under pressure to play Ronaldo's "star" signings. They've signed Ben Arfa in January who has barely played, Ronaldo has paid 2m (for comparision their club record transfer is just above 3m) for a young Ecuadorian striker named Stiven Plaza and Gonzalez didn't give him a chance yet (it's very possible he's not ready for La Liga but when you're struggling to score why not give a chance to someone new). They've also got Pedro Porro (who played great in La Liga for Girona last year) on loan from City and he also didn't play much. Sergio has a core of the players (most of them are still from their promotion side two years ago) he trusts and newbies can have troubles to get into his side. But he has good results so he must know what he's doing and Ronaldo doesn't seem to interfere with his work and push him to play certain players (which is the right decision of course).

OTOH Matheus was also quite unlucky. First he couldn't play due to paper work, then corona break and in the end he also got injured so maybe Sergio would play him more if he'd be available for more games and prove to be clearly better than other midfielders they have (which I think he is).

Messi983

Monaco, Sassuolo and two unnamed La Liga teams are interested to get him on loan next season according to Sport.

xXKonan

The last rumor I've heard about him was from one Cadena Ser's Barca based Journalists, saying while he didn't get any Pre-season, Koeman told him that if he works hard he will get his chances.

So it appears Koeman might rate him but who knows as he's currently injured.

Porque

He was decent in last seasons cameos with Valla.

I can't believe that no Primera side would be interested in a loan.

Especially with most clubs having no money to sign this year.

khaled_a_d

He was decent in last seasons cameos with Valla.

I can't believe that no Primera side would be interested in a loan.

Especially with most clubs having no money to sign this year.

Teams are allowed only 3 non-eu players, for a player who is so unproven like him, with some injuries difficulties he had s it is understandable.

Messi983

This is from MD article two days ago...

Koeman has already told the footballer that he only wants him to go out on loan if they assure him of the minutes that for now he will not have at Bar?a

To date, teams from Germany, Portugal, France and Switzerland have sounded their loan, but the player's priority would be to stay in LaLiga to adapt to the championship

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...46/matheus-fernandes-barca-futuro-cesion.html

I think he'll probably go on loan to a foreign club on Monday if no La Liga team will be interested.

khaled_a_d

Se queda? Or moving to lower league that still has transfer market open?
Can he be registered for B team? Or get 1st team number?

Porque

The 2nd big winner of the transfermarkt.

Matheus "Wijnaldum" Fernandes gonna be our surprise hit signing.

Home of Barca Fans