Mateu Alemany

Porque

It makes no sense to me to let him go as he and Deco seem to have different roles and I don't think Deco can do Alemany's job. We still need someone to take care of business side of transfers and contract negotiations.

Perhaps Deco has shown to Laporta that he is effective for the business side of things. He run a profitable agency after all.

By the way, there is an article in Sport regarding Paulo Araujo, who is Deco right hand man and the director of scouting for the club. He is responsible for the Barca Atletic signings this summer. The closure of Darvich in the dark is certainly a good sign.

So seems Deco has a structure in mind and we are ready to transition from Alemany already.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Perhaps Deco has shown to Laporta that he is effective for the business side of things. He run a profitable agency after all.

By the way, there is an article in Sport regarding Paulo Araujo, who is Deco right hand man and the director of scouting for the club. He is responsible for the Barca Atletic signings this summer. The closure of Darvich in the dark is certainly a good sign.

So seems Deco has a structure in mind and we are ready to transition from Alemany already.

Yeah, so far I like Deco's eyes for talent and I trust that he will unearth some talents and land some good players for us. I just don't know if he is capable of handling the business side of things such as contract renewals and negotiations etc., particularly when we are in a tricky situation to cut the wage bill for existing players and we don't have the spending power and money to compete with other clubs on new signings.

I guess we will have to wait and see then.

khaled_a_d

Enrique Massip (Laporta Advisor): "Matteu Alemaniy played the role of the surgeon in Barcelona, knows fair play and contributed to the reduction of the salary bill".

"What happened was that Alemany decided to accept another offer then we identified Deco as his replacement, Then Alemany rejected the offer and returned back to Barça".

"But Deco was already there, So we put him in another role but Alemany felt that his new role was not suitable for him, so he decided to go out, we didn't fire anyone and everything that happened was normal".

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, praise Deco gets is related to scouting. A glorified scout/former Laporta signing as a player returns in a new role. Portuguese and we (by accident) end up signing Mendes/Portugal boys on a last day of market.

Yeah, we do hire by merit. It's all really a big money machine for presidents and in few years someone else will hire his boys and syphon more money into private pockets.

Add some pride flags here, sell more assets there and here we go.

At this point I wouldn't mind to see club privatized.

Porque

When Alemany made the Villa u-turn, it was already said that he would leave after this transfer window closed.

These Mendes deals would have happened even if Deco never came.

JamDav1982

Deco has had more influence than Alemany on this transfer window. Whether those decisions happen without Deco who knows but Laporta was already close with Mende.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We tried to sign Felix last year when Alemany was here and Deco was still working with his agency.

We also tried to sign Cancelo in January.

Felix was Laporta's obsession, whether influenced by Mendes or not is another thing. Xavi wanted Cancelo.

Messi983

Not sure if this would be the right job for him.

Now according to Cadena Cope, Alemany is considering running in the RFEF elections to become President of the Spanish Football Federation. Interim President Pedro Rocha is the favourite to remain in the job, but elections are still yet to be called. They will eventually take place in the first three months of 2024, and Alemany has been sounding out some of the presidents of Spain’s regions, working out whether he could count on their support and perhaps make a run.

Porque

Not sure if this would be the right job for him.

Now according to Cadena Cope, Alemany is considering running in the RFEF elections to become President of the Spanish Football Federation. Interim President Pedro Rocha is the favourite to remain in the job, but elections are still yet to be called. They will eventually take place in the first three months of 2024, and Alemany has been sounding out some of the presidents of Spain’s regions, working out whether he could count on their support and perhaps make a run.

Should have gone for LaLiga President with Negreia son as Vice-President.

eddie-murphy-shocked.gif

Home of Barca Fans