Masia

Moe

powered by;
Dont get me wrong.. he wasn't bad but he wasnt as good as expected. He was completely overshadowed by Bojan. People had high expectations from him especially after being our top scorer in 07-08 preseason but he couldnt reproduce the same form. He wasn't selfish (ex. his assist to Guddy away against Valencia) and had some good touches but couldnt score, only 4 goals, one of them came by fluke and the other 3 came on his last Barca match but as an overall performance its hard to say that he impressed

barca96

yeah i also had higher expectations of him..
but he shouldve had more patience.
and i dont think that pep likes him..
cos pep also wanted to get rid of him right?

Moe

powered by;
Yea that's what I remember too..
Txiki tried to loan him because he believed that he could improve but Gio didn't want to get loaned, either stay or sold.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Completely overshadowed by Bojan? Not at all sir, what happened with Dos Santos was that he was playing in the exact same position as Lionel and people couldn't help but compare. The only reason Bojan got the hype is because for so long, Barcelona never produced any strikers worthwhile. You got excited about your very own striker but he is still far too raw.

beef-supreme

Completely overshadowed by Bojan? Not at all sir, what happened with Dos Santos was that he was playing in the exact same position as Lionel and people couldn't help but compare. The only reason Bojan got the hype is because for so long, Barcelona never produced any strikers worthwhile. You got excited about your very own striker but he is still far too raw.

I don't think dos Santos was overshadowed by Bojan. I think we had a crap season and Giovani's agent is a parasite. I was excited about Gio right up until the moment we found out he was moving. I don't think he did bad.

Moe