Martin Odegaard

I

instinct

Rumenigge said there is no deal yet and he doesnt expect a decision in the next weeks.
He is going to train at Ajax and at Barca in the next year, so he wont pick a side before that.

Barca? Source?

Eusebio is enough reason to join us :lol:

Chong Li

If he joins Barca: greatest talent in world football

if he joins another club: overhyped, will never make it anyway

Kohe321

I understand you're Norwegian and so this may be an emotional matter for you, but until he has proved his talents in a top league it doesn't count for much. Kids at 17, 18 get hyped for performances in the 2nd tier of footballing powerhouse nations and then flop at big clubs occasionally.

And the hype must be putting a lot of pressure on him.

I'm Norwegian yes, but that doesn't color my rationality around this and implying that it does is low, it's not like he's in my family or anything. It does makes me very happy that there's finally a rare world class talent coming out of my country. Considering how big the interest for football is here and how many who play at a young age, it's cool to see it happening.

Comparing him to how other talents at age 17-18 has done later is an argument that falls on its premise. He's not 17-18. He just turned 16, and did what everyone is talking about at 15, that difference in years absolutely matters. Hyped 17-18 year old players are many and therefore they also come and go, but to have a 15 year old playing at a professional level against players twice his age, and consistently playing at a completely different level than them is something else.

Last edited:

Kohe321

If he joins Barca: greatest talent in world football

if he joins another club: overhyped, will never make it anyway

Couldn't agree more. We hyped the heck out of Halilovic who is quite a bit older than Martin, and he's not nearly on the same level even now when he's years ahead of him. And he's now in Barca potentially becoming promoted to the first team next season...

Last edited:

Bertus

That would be great if he joins Barca.

But Zubi might prefer an injured +30yo experienced player instead :neymar:

Andrew M

I'm Norwegian yes, but that doesn't color my rationality around this and implying that it does is low, it's not like he's in my family or anything. It does makes me very happy that there's finally a rare world class talent coming out of my country. Considering how big the interest for football is here and how many who play at a young age, it's cool to see it happening.

Comparing him to how other talents at age 17-18 has done later is an argument that falls on it's premise. He's not 17-18. He just turned 16, and did what everyone is talking about at 15, that difference in years absolutely matters. Hyped 17-18 year old players are many and therefore they also come and go, but to have a 15 year old playing at a professional level against players twice his age, and consistently playing at a completely different level than them is something else.

I appreciate your point of view. Just looking to balance the hype. I hope he makes it at a top club :)

khaled_a_d

That would be great if he joins Barca.

But Zubi might prefer an injured +30yo experienced player instead :neymar:

Zubi signed Halilovic & Suarez to be fair .almost got Asensio but opted not due to Adama .tbh he has done solid job when it comes to signing players to Barca B or for La Masia

xavi_the_Boss

How can we sign him if we are banned?
I would be happy if we can get such a huge Talent but i´m not sure if he would wait till 2016.

I

instinct

Shame that we're banned. The Messi and Masia factor should be enough to convince him although Bayern is able to offer him to work under the best manager in the world which is important too.

Alarcón

Couldn't agree more. We hyped the heck out of Halilovic who is quite a bit older than Martin, and he's not nearly on the same level even now when he's years ahead of him. And he's now in Barca potentially becoming promoted to the first team next season...

Halilovic is not nearly as good as Odegaard? Oh wait you're from Norway...

Home of Barca Fans