Martin Odegaard

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Okay, he might not have wanted to take him on the tour which is fair enough, but what about his sons? Are they really any more deserving than some of the more prominent Castilla players?

Trickykid

Same story as what Ancelotti told recently. I wonder what the other players think of that? There were already strong rumors that his teammates were less than impressed with his diva-like attitude back when he was a newcomer.

80,000 a week for this kid to throw away his obvious potential week by week don't know why any young player would go to Real Madrid especially under Perez presidency...I hope he moves before it's to late...

xavisionary

This forum is so, so cynical. He's the same age as Didier Drogba was in 1995, still plenty of time to make good on his potential.

NotInHere

This forum is so, so cynical. He's the same age as Didier Drogba was in 1995, still plenty of time to make good on his potential.
I don't know but Zidane not inviting him to preseason is kinda strange. I guess he might still get invited to the first team from time to time throughout the season and get some minutes?

El Flaco

Former Rosenborg and Norweigan NT player Mini Jakobsen on Odegaard

It's a shame that Odegaard hasn't travelled with the team [for the UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla at Norway]...

Has he stayed back in Madrid? He should have come just for the benefit of the people, even if he didn't play. He's a very good player. He was 16 went he joined Madrid and I think he made the wrong.

Should he have gone out on loan?

Yes. But is he really good enough to play in the Bundesliga or the Premier League? Maybe he should have gone to Belgium or Holland… He's only 17. With Norway, he has hold of the ball but he doesn't carry it forward, and in football you have to take risks. He made his debut against Croatia and at the end of the game he was asked whether he was nervous because 90% of his passes forward went astray, the only ones which found a player were the ones he played to team mates who were close; anyway he said he wasn't nervous and I thought, 'you've got a problem' - you have to create a lot more if you want to be given 10 out of 10. But you have to remember, he's only 17 años, and so there's no point in judging him now.

You don't seem to be a big fan of him...

He's closely followed by people here in Norway and me, who played 65 times for our national team, I am only saying that to play over there, you have to do a lot more.

Maybe some people want to create a star before he has had a chance to show what he can do…

Yes, his reputation comes before him and is bigger than the player he actually is at the moment. He had a coach who said exactly that. And maybe that's what's happening in Norway, his name overshadows everything he has achieved.

http://en.as.com/en/2016/08/09/football/1470756997_992572.html

Morten

Latest news is that Rennes is interested, a loan there might not be a bad idea. Martin might not be ready for the top leagues like la liga and PL, french league for a mid-table(?) side could be good.

Home of Barca Fans