Martin Montoya

serghei

These are the type of games Montoya should start in. Did his job pretty well without doing anything special in offense. He's not the player to try through balls and one-two's, but against this type of oposition our strikeforce is more than enough to seal a comfortable win, especially at home. Finally Lucho realised Douglas is shit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is solid and that's what you need when you have a player like Alba on the other side. His ninja runs are quite useful too. Can always chip in with a goal here and there if he improves a bit there.

KhaledBarca

Far better than that bag of crap Alves.

Are you kidding me. after all the great seasons that Alves gave to the club especially between 2008 & 2012. He's now CRAP!!!

He's getting old and that's why he's declining, its not his fought that the board didn't buy a world class RB to replace him!
He's giving he's best on the best and at this age, no matter what he won't be any good as the OLD ALVES!!

SHOW some respect to a player who was part of the best team ever!!!!!

KhaledBarca

As much as I want Montoya to stay and I really had high hopes for him since he was at Barca B. I didn't like the way his agent is acting, especially the part when he said he wants to leave the club!

Bartra, wasn't playing too much, But he stayed worked hard and this season he's getting his chances! This kind of players I like to have at Barcelona!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As much as I want Montoya to stay and I really had high hopes for him since he was at Barca B. I didn't like the way his agent is acting, especially the part when he said he wants to leave the club!

Bartra, wasn't playing too much, But he stayed worked hard and this season he's getting his chances! This kind of players I like to have at Barcelona!

The same happened in Bartra's case too and he was half-way through the exit door before Puyol pulled him back. Montoya has been told straight by Lucho that he doesn't count on him and isolated him completely. What do you want him to do?

Montoya has been at Barcelona since he was a kid, he has been through absolutely everything.

Xavi almost left. Puyol also almost left. Montoya is leaving because he has been frozen out by the coach who told him that he rates Douglas and Alves over him, he has to think about his future and his career too. What do you want him to do? Keep riding the bench and "work hard" when he is indirectly told that he can GTFO if he wants?

Stric

Are you kidding me. after all the great seasons that Alves gave to the club especially between 2008 & 2012. He's now CRAP!!!

He's getting old and that's why he's declining, its not his fought that the board didn't buy a world class RB to replace him!
He's giving he's best on the best and at this age, no matter what he won't be any good as the OLD ALVES!!

Why does one need to show respect to a player who's clearly and repeatedly showing disrespect to the supporters, and therefore the club?

It's not his fault that the board didn't find a proper replacement, but it is his fault when he's too lazy and arrogant on the pitch. He's far from giving his best. How could anyone even argue that?

Zangash

Banned

Just so you know, if your main argument for a player's quality involves bringing up seasons that happened several years ago chances are you're on the wrong side of the argument.

And I'm usually not one to say things like this unless it's REALLY bad, but your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure make it really difficult to take anything you say seriously.

khaled_a_d

lol,seriously man? Montoya was just like Bartra ,he could have left last season for free too and accepted to fight but unlike Bartra his minutes didn't increase but decreased ,and while people kept finding reasons for Bartra poor games & lack of potential to become a top level CB(lack of ideal height along lack of speed) fans was always on Bartra's side while always underrating Montoya's game due to lack of fancy attacking ability that Alves had when he was younger
He was told he was 4th choice RB after Alves,Adriano & Douglas ,when a player is told so it is a sort of "you are just on our wage to do nothing" ,if it isn't for his career it is better for the club to get transfer money and get him off the wage bell.he is actually helping the club in that sense

Home of Barca Fans