Martin Braithwaite

malvolio

Can you quote it? Don't ever remember using the word in reference to him.

Of course you never used these exact same words, just there or thereabouts. Need more time to come up with a compilation on the praises you delivered about this guy.

Which doesn't warrant the approach of calling him average or a John Doe. As of right now the most humble guy in that dressing room. That alone will make him a good utility player for Setien and any subsequent manager. This is not a joke signing, I think it could turn out to be a very good one if he applies like I suspect he will. He will be better squad member than Perez or some other La Masia pawn. The only thing that is a joke is the rule and Barcelona having to execute it rather than going for a guy like Braithwaite as an emergency patch transfer.

El Gato

Villarato!
Of course you never used these exact same words, just there or thereabouts. Need more time to come up with a compilation on the praises you delivered about this guy.

So I never said it. And you're attributing things to words I never said.

El Gato

Villarato!
You are his no 1 fan in here FFS :lol: Trying to sell him to us from day one :lol: But go right ahead, tell me that I'm making things up

No I am not selling him at all, just being honest about his qualities which you dismiss.

And yes, you have made this up

You started the whole guy is good to have around because of his personality thing.

completely and undoubtedly.

Personality and whether someone smiles or is a bit of a character is not the same as general positive qualities to have in a dressing room which I've listed in the previous post i.e. work ethic, integrity, knowing your place, dedication etc.

serghei

Braithwaite flattered to deceive in the first few games, but he's miles off even some like Paco. You could find better strikers at fucking Brighton.

El Gato

Villarato!
Braithwaite flattered to deceive in the first few games, but he's miles off even some like Paco. You could find better strikers at fucking Brighton.

Doesn't make any difference to the role he plays. Paco would complain that he doesn't get minutes and leave instead of trying when called upon.

SmilerBam

I don't know what is worse...Braithwaite at playing football or Serghey at understanding football?It's really a hard choice.

malvolio

No I am not selling him at all, just being honest about his qualities which you dismiss.

And yes, you have made this up

completely and undoubtedly.

Personality and whether someone smiles or is a bit of a character is not the same as general positive qualities to have in a dressing room which I've listed in the previous post i.e. work ethic, integrity, knowing your place, dedication etc.

you're pitching him to us even now. same qualities can be easily attributed to most players in our squad. hell, i might have a chance at getting in that locker room just by being nice and knowing my place :lol:

you're just projecting stuff on him just by seeing some videos and thinking this is the kind of model professional you would like to have around. in the end, who the fuck cares really? he's a donkey. maybe a nice donkey, but a donkey nonetheless.

the guy hit the jackpot of his career by moving here. still in spain, nice city, gets to earn some millions and can easily pull a transfer to the likes of getafe or other mid/lower level club in europe. but yeah, let's praise him for doing fuck all and being nice/knowing his place.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
same qualities can be easily attributed to most players in our squad.

No, they can't. That's the whole point. They should be, but in recent history they can't.

Nothing to do with him being nice or not. Professionals are often assholes, see CR (at least in some facets he's more so than in others). Never said being nice is a priority.

the guy hit the jackpot of his career by moving here. still in spain, nice city, gets to earn some millions and can easily pull a transfer to the likes of getafe or other mid/lower level club in europe. but yeah, let's praise him for doing fuck all and being nice/knowing his place.

For sure he did hit the jackpot. And you're still knocking him for getting the offer. Utterly misplaced anger. When the guy is doing just about everything opposite of deserving being knocked as a deep squad member.

He doesn't do fuck all. Watch some games of his. Good motor and pretty good at doing the few things that are expected of him fairly well against an opposition where he's able.

That's all beside the point - every well assembled squad has a player like him that isn't a starter, but does a few things well, trains well and doesn't complain about the amount of time he gets when he lacks things others can give regularly. Real? Vazquez and Nacho. Liverpool? Origi. Bayern? Choupo-Moting. City had Delph (who albeit wanted to play more and left). Juve kept corpses of players like Khedira or Evra + bunch of others over the years for that purpose. Barca are evidently also keeping Roberto for similar qualities, tho I imagine fulfilling a homegrown quota has more to do with it.
Dudes like Braithwaite are an asset as long as they don't overstay their welcome if team is visibly improving and fulfil their end of the deal every time they get on the field. Nothing like KPB who did a Faubert - came to Catalonia for a fancy holiday. Until new board starts bringing in better players, there's no reason to be take the piss out of a guy like him. And guess what - it's not his fault that they aren't. You'd spend 30-50-80M on other players if you could, but the wage structure your board fucked up is stopping you from doing so, the wage structure Braithwaite's contract is the least problematic in.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans