Marlon Santos

F

Flavia

I wouldn't mind if he got promoted now.

Mascherano - 32
Piqué -------- 29 (turning 30 in February)
Umtiti --------22
Marlon -------20

Get rid of Matheu and Vermaelen.

That's a bit premature. Let Marlon get used to the club first, adapt. No need to hush him. There's also tarin in the B team, who is very promising.

LordLichtenstein

That's a bit premature. Let Marlon get used to the club first, adapt. No need to hush him. There's also tarin in the B team, who is very promising.
It will hurt his growth playing for the B team, he should be promoted and get his chances regularly, instead of once in a blue moon.

I was VERY impressed with what I was yesterday.

+ Composure
+ First touch
+ Passing
+ Speed
+ Positioning

It would be dangerous to risk his talent in our B team, when there are absolutely no reason why he couldn't be promoted.

Piqué and Mascherano are our absolute first choices. After them comes Umtiti and then Mathieu and Vermaelen.

- Mathieu will turn 33 in a few months and he isn't absolutely the best defender around, last season he cost us dearly in a few matches.

- Vermaelen .. is he still injured ?

The way I see it, it is a low risk, high reward kinda situation with Marlon, why not take the risk?

F

Flavia

It will hurt his growth playing for the B team, he should be promoted and get his chances regularly, instead of once in a blue moon.

I was VERY impressed with what I was yesterday.

+ Composure
+ First touch
+ Passing
+ Speed
+ Positioning

It would be dangerous to risk his talent in our B team, when there are absolutely no reason why he couldn't be promoted.

Piqué and Mascherano are our absolute first choices. After them comes Umtiti and then Mathieu and Vermaelen.

- Mathieu will turn 33 in a few months and he isn't absolutely the best defender around, last season he cost us dearly in a few matches.

- Vermaelen .. is he still injured ?

The way I see it, it is a low risk, high reward kinda situation with Marlon, why not take the risk?

Because it's best to wait at least one season. He's only 20. A full season with the b team will be great for him to adapt. It's better than spending the season on the bench. Umtiti will be 3rd choice, I think Mathieu will only play in emergencies. Vermaelen is fit, hopefully he'll be sold.

xXKonan

Marlon will probably get his chances with the first team this season (Likely during the early Copa matches).

He's played against better teams in Brazil than what Barcelona B currently faces, and held his own against a near full strength Leicester City today. I see this as a positive to help Barcelona B get promotion to the second Division.

You have to remember also this loan is technically like a Trial as well. He made it pretty clear he wants to do everything he can to impress so he can stay here on a Permanent basis whether he's playing for the B team or playing preseason with the first team or some Copa Del Rey match vs a third division team.

If what he has shown so far vs Celtic and Leicester City, he's already Building up a case for it to happen and he needs to keep it up if he wants to stay. which I have no doubts he could.

Xavinho

Because it's best to wait at least one season. He's only 20. A full season with the b team will be great for him to adapt. It's better than spending the season on the bench. Umtiti will be 3rd choice, I think Mathieu will only play in emergencies. Vermaelen is fit, hopefully he'll be sold.

He'll be 21 in a month though, which I feel is an okay age to be making first team appearances. But, I do agree with you about it being better for him to play regularly than sit on the bench. It just seems a waste of time to play him in the third tier of Spanish football. In some ways I wish we could loan him to another la liga club.

Hopefully, he'll be called up for copa del rey and Champions League matches.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Just feels so strange to have a promising young central defender as a prospect to even consider for the future

xXKonan

[tw]761204230829080576[/tw]

along with Alfaro, Mujica and Camara, he seems to have impressed Lucho, enough to continue doing preseason for the team. he will likely get more first team minutes in the future.

God Serena

[tw]761204230829080576[/tw]

along with Alfaro, Mujica and Camara, he seems to have impressed Lucho, enough to continue doing preseason for the team. he will likely get more first team minutes in the future.

Guess that means Alena is back to Barca B?

xXKonan

CpCXoaAXYAA_c7h.jpg

Becoming friends with Alba.

Home of Barca Fans