Mario Gomez

ammarfcb

ze special one
i really liked the turn he made, but the finish was just :facepalm:. it seemed like all the bayern players fall down when they shoot the ball. noobs

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, he's pretty agile, quick and skilled for a player of his size...Just woefully inconsistent in that regard...He had a few really wonderful touches but then failed to convert

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Seriously, what is happening to ze Germans? If there was any group I'd expect never to choke..now their national team is lead by Mario Gomez and Ozil, dear lord.

Soon we are going to have to call them "Argentina"

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Seriously, what is happening to ze Germans? If there was any group I'd expect never to choke..now their national team is lead by Mario Gomez and Ozil, dear lord.

Soon we are going to have to call them "Argentina"

Dude, their reputation takes them further than their ability. They have clutch players like Muller, Lahm and perhaps their goal keeper but they are all counter accounted for with some players who wilt under pressure like Bastian, Gomez and only for your entertainment, Ozil.

Their win against Argentina was more down to Argentina being garbage, and their win against England was a route because England are even worse BUT, things could have gone terribly wrong for ze germans had that rightful goal been allowed.

Teams that do not choke are Spain, Italy, England and France. Spain will find it hard to win after all they have won, but winning is goes all the way to the younger generations, it has become in them. Italy are either good enough or just pure terrible. England are just pure terrible. France is generational.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Dude, their reputation takes them further than their ability. They have clutch players like Muller, Lahm and perhaps their goal keeper but they are all counter accounted for with some players who wilt under pressure like Bastian, Gomez and only for your entertainment, Ozil.

Their win against Argentina was more down to Argentina being garbage, and their win against England was a route because England are even worse BUT, things could have gone terribly wrong for ze germans had that rightful goal been allowed.

Teams that do not choke are Spain, Italy, England and France. Spain will find it hard to win after all they have won, but winning is goes all the way to the younger generations, it has become in them. Italy are either good enough or just pure terrible. England are just pure terrible. France is generational.

There's different levels of choking though. Germans tend to be able to get things done, nobody is better at exploiting weaknesses.

On the other level is Argentina. Ever since Argentina cynically grinded their way to the final in '90 only to lose it, they've lost all sense of mental strength. Every time it's a different excuse, Maradona doping, Maradona being a shit coach, I mean you have a guy on this forum who is convinced the only thing that stopped Argentina in 2002 is Bielsa, and that if Carlos Tevez was coach they would have been undefeated.

But whatever the reason, Argentina will always collapse. Germany not so much, unless they are relying on Mario Gomez.

kaddel11

Mario Gomez (Bayern): "Criticism? After Messi, I scored the most goals in the CL, I don't know why I should change my style." #euro2012

View attachment 5618

He is so...brrr I don't like him. Scholl criticised him, said that he should run more, get the ball not just in the penalty box. He should run outside of the penalty box like Klose do. But he don't. He is just an arrogant player, it seems like that he is himself to fine, to run more than he do.
I'm sure with Klose we would have scored more than one goal. And I hope Jogi will bring Klose tomorrow. But I know, that would not happen, because Jogi will say: "Why should I bring Klose? Mario scored against Portugal. So I dont see a reason why I should bring Klose instead of Mario." Thats how Jogi is.

Gomez was criticised a lot from the fans after the game, too. Althrough he scored the goal, a lot people think that Jogi should bring Miro. After Miro was in, people could see the difference between him and Mario and Miro show what a player have to do when he is on the pitch.

Yes, player have a different styl of playing football, but I hate how Gomez player. I was happy after he scored the goal, but I was just happy, because Germany scored the goal, not because Gomez did. When Klose score a goal, I'm happy and I'm glade that he did it.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
From everything I have seen of him, he is far from arrogant. As a player and a person. Though I totally understand the criticism. Most people would most likely prefer Klose. I personally am a huge fan of both but prefer Gomez. Why? The guy is the current poacher king. Even if he doesn't add as much to the team as Klose, his goal scoring ability is unquestionable. He can make something out of nothing and that's valuable. Can he lead Germany though the euros with his style? We will have to see.

Maria

In my opinion, Podolski had a worse game then Mario..Muller didn't impressed me also. And it's not like Gomez has failed like he did against Chelsea, for example.

Home of Barca Fans