Marcus Rashford

TheStig

English media and fans had him as one of the best talents in the world a couple of seasons ago. That was funny at the time and it's even funnier now. Yes, he was better than today but he was never someone who could be a focal point in a top team. Standard English stuff.

Barcilliant

He is overrated. This happens alot in England. Grealish, Maddison, Greenwood and Maguire, Saka are also overrated.
It happens here at Barca too. Some kid will look good in the academy and a few senior games and the hype train goes into overdrive.
I really think alot of English players would benefit from playing overseas even if it's for a season or two. Alot of them lack intelligence and seem unwilling to step out of their comfort zones.

Porque

Same with Greenwood. Its normal. Man Utd (like us) greatest success in modern football was with the backbone of the academy.

When new youth players come through its natural they will be hyped as the fans and media are looking for that youth system link again.

Its funny that for better or worse, Madrid under Perez never really established or had a team backed by La Fabrica talent. So the fans and media are used to buying young and established stars for their success, and not overselling the abilities of their youth players.

Laplacian

English media and fans had him as one of the best talents in the world a couple of seasons ago. That was funny at the time and it's even funnier now. Yes, he was better than today but he was never someone who could be a focal point in a top team. Standard English stuff.

Because a few years ago he was 22 years old pulling some of the best numbers for wingers in Europe...

You're talking about English bias, but I'd say we need to bring in your anti-English bias into question. It's hilarious you won't even discuss the end product numbers with me. I can name at best 5 wingers that were pulling better number than him in 2020. Mane, Son, Salah, Mbappe, and woops I think that's it. I am definitely forgetting a few players, but I dare you to find 10 wingers in the top 5 leagues that pulled off better numbers than Rashford in 2020. I guarantee you won't. And if you can't, surely a top 10 winger in terms of end product should be at the very least considered a quality player?

He is overrated. This happens alot in England. Grealish, Maddison, Greenwood and Maguire, Saka are also overrated.
It happens here at Barca too. Some kid will look good in the academy and a few senior games and the hype train goes into overdrive.
I really think alot of English players would benefit from playing overseas even if it's for a season or two. Alot of them lack intelligence and seem unwilling to step out of their comfort zones.

But Rashford wasn't rated based on a few good games? He's been playing since 2015 and had quality performances and seasons from 2017-2020. Same goes for Greenwood, in his debut season scored 15 goals. Fati did less and he's considered a future world class player despite being injury prone. Maddison has been a focal point for Leicester for multiple seasons now, and Grealish has been one of the league's best players since he led Aston Villa to promotion. Don't you see the bias against the English here? Some of these guys are veteran players and you're saying they were only rated off a few senior games right after they left the academy :lol:, when some of the names are 25/26 years old and have been playing for years. The English really rattle some of you lot. It's so obvious it's hilarious but you won't admit it.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

He should focus on his career and forget about that humanitarian crap if he doesn't want to finish in Sheffield Wednesday.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He should focus on his career and forget about that humanitarian crap if he doesn't want to finish in Sheffield Wednesday.

I am sure fighting for kids to get school meals is the reason for his form dropping off and not other factors such as injuries and having to account for someone like Ronaldo who doesn't really work hard on the pitch.

slicknick

He uses his status to help underprivileged youth. I like that about him.

Yeah, what he does deserves respect and recognition for his off-field duty.
And honestly, I don't think his performances this season have anything to do with that, unlike what some suggest.
I think it's a combination of;
- Utd struggling as a team
- His injury woes a few months back, and the fact that he is clearly still not 100% fit
- He is good, but never was the level Utd fans put him out to be (a la Mbappe/Haaland) - same applies for Greenwood

FinBarcelonafan

He could be an opportunity actually. Not that I believe he is a world-class talent, but he really lost his way with United, but he has talent and could bounce back. Buy low, sell high.

He ain't this bad for sure.

Might need a new start.

slicknick

He could be an opportunity actually. Not that I believe he is a world-class talent, but he really lost his way with United, but he has talent and could bounce back. Buy low, sell high.

He ain't this bad for sure.

I could support that actually, and yes, while he isn't top-tier, he is a good player. Surely ain't this bad, as he has been putting the Heskey's, the Akinbiyi's & the Agbonlahor's of this world to shame so far this season. Hope hen bounces back

Home of Barca Fans