Marco Verratti

Monaco is scoring over 3 goals a game this season in Ligue 1, PSG scored around a 100 last season so Veratti is wrong, Ligue 1 is not only weaker but easier to score in, Barca would obliterate that league.

Picking the best ever season of any club in Ligue 1 as your main argument is not a smart idea. You couldn't find a less representative example if you tried.

No, Barça would most likely not score more in the Ligue 1. Most teams would barely ever cross the halfway point against them because negative football is much more ingrained there than in Spain. But since you have such an assured opinion i'm sure you follow Ligue 1 closely...

Also, I'm not sure Licho likes him. He rejected his signing when he was Roma's coach.
I wish i'd have known that years ago. Jesus christ, what a tool.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Also, I'm not sure Licho likes him. He rejected his signing when he was Roma's coach.

Yeah,because Bojan Sr is reliable when it comes to talking about Lucho :lol:
This claim has no basis,no body followed Verratti or had interest in him before his last season with Pescara and before that season ended everyone knew that Lucho was going to be out of Roma,he had no say if they sign or not Verratti. A player that every Calcio team missed and thought wasn't worth the money PSG paid for.
If Roma wanted Verratti they would have got him and Lucho wasn't gonna be their to block such a move.

I wish i'd have known that years ago. Jesus christ, what a tool.

Known what?This was a stupid claim by Bojan Sr who hated Lucho for his kid failure in Roma. Same Bojan Sr who keep talking about all the great young players he recommended but the club reject. yet such gr8 scout nobody hires. Seem his hindsight is always a bs.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Yeah,because Bojan Sr is reliable when it comes to talking about Lucho :lol:
This claim has no basis,no body followed Verratti or had interest in him before his last season with Pescara and before that season ended everyone knew that Lucho was going to be out of Roma,he had no say if they sign or not Verratti. A player that every Calcio team missed and thought wasn't worth the money PSG paid for.
If Roma wanted Verratti they would have got him and Lucho wasn't gonna be their to block such a move.

Known what?This was a stupid claim by Bojan Sr who hated Lucho for his kid failure in Roma. Same Bojan Sr who keep talking about all the great young players he recommended but the club reject. yet such gr8 scout nobody hires. Seem his hindsight is always a bs.
Licho confirmed it afterward. Said back then Verratti wasn't as good as he is now. So it wasn't just a stupid claim, it's the truth.

"Verratti had the quality to play for one of my teams, always. But you have to confirm these controversies. When I was at Roma, you know where he was playing, and the level he had. It's very easy to launch into a controversy. I'm not going to validate people who talk about these type of things."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/amp/news/barca/marco-verratti-question-angers-barcelona-boss-luis-enrique-4116724

See he didn't deny it, on the contrary. And he got pissed because this came to light.

Well, I was convinced after his first 20 minutes in a top division. Verratti didn't change much, a blind man would see the talent.

But I do know that italian clubs were extremely interested in signing him, too. They just didn't have the money to compete with PSG on a player with zero minutes in a top division.

khaled_a_d

Licho confirmed it afterward. Said back then Verratti wasn't as good as he is now. So it wasn't just a stupid claim, it's the truth.

"Verratti had the quality to play for one of my teams, always. But you have to confirm these controversies. When I was at Roma, you know where he was playing, and the level he had. It's very easy to launch into a controversy. I'm not going to validate people who talk about these type of things."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/amp...on-angers-barcelona-boss-luis-enrique-4116724

See he didn't deny it, on the contrary. And he got pissed because this came to light.

I don't see any confirmation in his words. He talked about his talent and pointed out to where he is playing. Simply when a good player is in 2nd division it is Sporting director job to go after him not the coach job.
And in that regard Lucho has proved many times he will accept the Sporting director choices,MATS,Mathieu,Vermaelen,Umtiti were all Zubi/Roberto choices and he played them.
So even if Lucho didn't like him back then, that isn't by any mean his mistake

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I don't see any confirmation in his words. He talked about his talent and pointed out to where he is playing. Simply when a good player is in 2nd division it is Sporting director job to go after him not the coach jon.
And in that regard Lucho has proved many times he will accept the Sporting director choices,MATS,Mathieu,Vermaelen,Umtiti were all Zubi/Roberto choices and he played them.
So even if Lucho didn't like him back then, that isn't by any mean his mistake
Yes, he confirmed. Because he didn't say it wasn't true, and even proceeded to mention Verratti's level back then, to his eyes. Licho did a good job when with Barça B, but he's not very good at spotting talent, or developing players.

khaled_a_d

Yes, he confirmed. Because he didn't say it wasn't true, and even proceeded to mention Verratti's level back then, to his eyes. Licho did a good job when with Barça B, but he's not very good at spotting talent, or developing players.

Again,I really don't see it as a confirmation.He basically said what it is. And he rejected further comment on an idiot claims.
Again,coach job isn't to spot up talent,that is what sporting director for. Coaches will always go for the players they know or played against. Unless that coach is Wenger.
You can blame him for not using B players like Grimaldo if you want,but not scouting a 2nd division player? That is way too much.
And why you keep calling him Licho?

Again,I really don't see it as a confirmation.He basically said what it is. And he rejected further comment on an idiot claims.
Again,coach job isn't to spot up talent,that is what sporting director for. Coaches will always go for the players they know or played against. Unless that coach is Wenger.
You can blame him for not using B players like Grimaldo if you want,but not scouting a 2nd division player? That is way too much.

"You know where he was playing, and the level he had" is a pretty damning answer in this respect. I think Juve have confirmed they tried to sign the player from Pescara.

F

FlaFCB

Grimaldo is just another for his list. And he wasn't scouting Verratti, he just dismissed his signing. Because he's not very good at that. He called gumbau "an interesting player". Don't forget that.

khaled_a_d

Grimaldo is just another for his list. And he wasn't scouting Verratti, he just dismissed his signing. Because he's not very good at that. He called gumbau "an interesting player". Don't forget that.

It is different to judge coach on their choices with reserve team and young players in other small clubs.
The 1st is his job along his assistants and B team coach,the 2nd is purely on the sporting director. I didn't argue against the 1st(although I think he had only 1 mistake so far and it is Grimaldo,proven right in almost every other decision) but to judge him on the 2nd is preposterous. And to claim that after he knew that player that he still doesn't like him (contrary to same article you brought) is beyond ridiculous

"You know where he was playing, and the level he had" is a pretty damning answer in this respect. I think Juve have confirmed they tried to sign the player from Pescara.

As I said I don't see this confirming answer because it isn't coach job to dismiss player he doesn't know. If you asked any coach in the world if he wants to pay money for a player in 1st division he knows and pay same price for player he doesn't know in 2nd division,what do you think their choice will be?
That is what he said. He is quality but he was playing in 2nd division,how can any coach will make a decision to sign a player from Pescara?
-Many tried to sign him,and when he was in the market Lucho wasn't Roma coach and had no say in their transfer plans couple of months before.

F

FlaFCB

It is different to judge coach on their choices with reserve team and young players in other small clubs.
The 1st is his job along his assistants and B team coach,the 2nd is purely on the sporting director. I didn't argue against the 1st(although I think he had only 1 mistake so far and it is Grimaldo,proven right in almost every other decision) but to judge him on the 2nd is preposterous. And to claim that after he knew that player that he still doesn't like him (contrary to same article you brought) is beyond ridiculous

As I said I don't see this confirming answer because it isn't coach job to dismiss player he doesn't know. If you asked any coach in the world if he wants to pay money for a player in 1st division he knows and pay same price for player he doesn't know in 2nd division,what do you think their choice will be?
That is what he said. He is quality but he was playing in 2nd division,how can any coach will make a decision to sign a player from Pescara?
-Many tried to sign him,and when he was in the market Lucho wasn't Roma coach and had no say in their transfer plans couple of months before.
No. licho said Verratti wasn't quality back then, it's clear from his answer. He said he's quality now, but that back then he wasn't, and that's why he didn't want to sign him. And I put Samper, Munir, Sandro and palencia on his list too. As also signing players who don't fit Barça, like Paco or Arda, a favorite of his.

khaled_a_d

No. licho said Verratti wasn't quality back then, it's clear from his answer. He said he's quality now, but that back then he wasn't, and that's why he didn't want to sign him. And I put Samper and palencia on his list too. As also signing players who don't fit Barça, like Arda, a favorite of his.

What? He said the exact opposite
Verratti had the quality to play for one of my teams, always.

Samper proved Lucho right so far,he isn't ready nor good enough for 1st team. I believe he can be decent back up in the future but he needs to earn it and develop more at least physically.
Palencia is very limited player talent wise,has a heart of a lion but I am afraid as Bartra proved b4 this is just not enough,let's see how he does in the future before claiming he was wrong

F

FlaFCB

What? He said the exact opposite

Samper proved Lucho right so far,he isn't ready nor good enough for 1st team. I believe he can be decent back up in the future but he needs to earn it and develop more at least physically.
Palencia is very limited player talent wise,has a heart of a lion but I am afraid as Bartra proved b4 this is just not enough,let's see how he does in the future before claiming he was wrong
"You know where he was playing, and the level he had" . He's clearly saying he didn't have a good level back then. That's his justification for not signing Verratti.

Palencia won't get a chance, anyway. While worse players than him already have. And Samper isn't doing much worse than our current midfielders. He's starting to have good games lately, playing more.

khaled_a_d

"You know where he was playing, and the level he had" . He's clearly saying he didn't have a good level back then. That's his justification for not signing Verratti.

Palencia won't get a chance, anyway. While worse players than him already have. And Samper isn't doing much worse than our current midfielders. He's starting to have good games lately, playing more.

So,you dismiss him saying he was always on the level to play on his team for a statement that describes the situation of the player not his level? come on now

And Samper has been having a decent games,but no way he is even close to any of our midfielders,the guy was benched in one of the worst teams in Liga and he just recently was able to regain his starting spot. He is too weak physically and too slow for the DM position he will play here
Palencia will have his chance here or somewhere else to prove the coach wrong but it is very doubtful. Again I see too much Bartra in him unfortunately

Home of Barca Fans