Marco Verratti

KingLeo10

xavi did it against the best of the best, against united, against germany, against RM, against holland. this guy only flatters to disappoint.

fergus90

Pulled off a few good through balls but was completely owned other than that. I do actually think he would benefit massively from moving to a different league to develop as a player.

El Flaco

To be fair to Verratti, using him in a 2 man midfield was an awful idea from Ventura (Italy's NT coach).

Playing with a 4-2-4 system against Spain and their 4-6-0 formation (Isco, Silva, Iniesta, Koke, Asensio and Busquets) is like asking for trouble.

Butaan4barca

To be fair to Verratti, using him in a 2 man midfield was an awful idea from Ventura (Italy's NT coach).

Playing with a 4-2-4 system against Spain and their 4-6-0 formation (Isco, Silva, Iniesta, Koke, Asensio and Busquets) is like asking for trouble.

i think the idea was pretty clear to attack on counter and have the front 4 do something. There is no way itally was going to win the possession game.

Barcilliant

VERRATTI is just like any midfielder. If he isn't playing in the right system and if there is no protection he's gonna look crap.

That's what happened with Italy.

Morten

Pulled off a few good through balls but was completely owned other than that. I do actually think he would benefit massively from moving to a different league to develop as a player.

He is never going to improve as a player by staying in France, but PSG will never sell him either.
Oh well, he will enjoy all that money and easy league titles im sure.

Mitchell1978

He's a great player and could have been a good fit for Barcelona but he isn't Xavi or of that same quality and he wouldn't be for Barcelona either.

Xavi playing for this Italian side, with these dogshit tactics would look bad. Verratti is a great player but he can't control a midfield on his own when playing against 4-5 WC Spanish MF. I know we are all kinda salty for not having him in our team, but please lets try to be more realistic.

Windhook

Against great midfielders he looks mediocre. He was pressured last night and his passing was awful under these circumstances. He still has a lot to learn, but I don't see any room for improvement if he keeps on playing in it the French Ligue 1.

Acer

His best performance are always been against Barca, but yeah he is mediocre against great midfielders.

I remember Isco playing against Psg in 2015/2016 and doing nothing and most of his games against Barca were mediocre.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans