Marco Verratti

Lutece FC

Sums up why Verratti probably wants to leave PSG.

Beat their 'enemy' 5-1 away from home and no one outside of France gives a shit or barely notices.

Backwater.
If you sell your best players, Ligue 1 will never progress. Everything is a question of money since the Bosmann Era which destroyed French Football by allowing English, Sapnish, Italian and Even German clubs to rob french talents.

Lutece FC

[MENTION=20519]Lutece FC[/MENTION] : Isn't Verratti kind of injury prone?

Well he was injured several times last years, but he is ok 70% of the time. No major injuries except his groin strain last year (he played vs Barca with this injurie), he was operated last may for this.

He doesn't have a healthy lifestyle aswell, he smokes, he goes frequently to the night club. Like Ronaldinho, it doesn't seem a problem for the moment.

JamDav1982

If you sell your best players, Ligue 1 will never progress. Everything is a question of money since the Bosmann Era which destroyed French Football by allowing English, Sapnish, Italian and Even German clubs to rob french talents.

Can hardly moan about money when that is the only reason PSG are where the are just now.

Pre bosman era French football was never all that strong anyway as far as I can remember. The Italian, English, German and Spanish teams had been stronger historically in terms of winning the top european trophies etc.

Lutece FC

Can hardly moan about money when that is the only reason PSG are where the are just now.

Pre bosman era French football was never all that strong anyway as far as I can remember. The Italian, English, German and Spanish teams had been stronger historically in terms of winning the top european trophies etc.

Paris won an European Cup just before the Bosman Act, Marseille too (ok whith the help of corruption/dopping, it was the standard during 90's), French football was emerging at this time, Paris is a young club, but we had result at this time.
...but eveyrthing has been destroyed after Bosman Era.

Now we can fight with equal weapons.

JamDav1982

Paris won an European Cup just before the Bosman Act, Marseille too (ok whith the help of corruption/dopping, it was the standard during 90's), French football was emerging at this time, but eveyrthing has been destroyed after Bosman Era.

Now we can fight with equal weapons.

Has a French team ever won the European Cup/CL? Marseille cheating doesnt count.

French football has never been all that strong historically in comparison to Italy, France, Germany or England.

The idea of English teams etc taking talents from France works both ways. Those English teams have also paid a lot of money to French teams for bang average players.

Windhook

You seem to forget the great Marseille team of the early 90's, Monaco and PSG later in that decade. Also Platini's Saint Etienne was a factor in the 80's. It's true they won just two continental trophies (1 CL (Marseille) and 1 European Cup Winners Cup (PSG)) for 25+ years, but French clubs manage to shock other giants every five years or so. I'm not counting PSG, more of Lyon and Monaco type.

JamDav1982

You seem to forget the great Marseille team of the early 90's, Monaco and PSG later in that decade. Also Platini's Saint Etienne was a factor in the 80's. It's true they won just two continental trophies (1 CL (Marseille) and 1 European Cup Winners Cup (PSG)) for 25+ years, but French clubs manage to shock other giants every five years or so. I'm not counting PSG, more of Lyon and Monaco type.

Decent teams that never won the top european trophy fairly.

I can point to Scottish teams that have been good in the past doesnt mean it was ever a dominant or top european league here.

Marseille never won a CL fairly.

JamDav1982

I agree, but our criteria of fairness doesn't weigh in. 1993 winner is still Marseille and they had a fantastic squad back then. The same applies to Real Madrid recent controversial success.

Marseille won it with help of blatant cheating. Never won it fairly.

Nothing whatsoever like Reals recent success.

If that is the highlight for French football pre Bosman era then it says it all.

No idea why Bosman is being said to have had any greater effect on French football anyway. Seems like an excuse.

Home of Barca Fans