Marco Verratti

Raketa10

Imagine if he comes to Barca one day and he doesn't fulfill astronomic expectations of this forum. That would be an epic fail :lol:
I can't remember one non-barca player who was so much worshiped on this forum as Verratti is.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
At what point during the transfer window will our board realize that signing either of Verratti and Coutinho is impossible. Will it be 3 weeks into the transfer window or a day before it closes?

Not sure how much of experience Robert has with signing big name players. I'm afraid that he is going to spend the entire window trying to sign some superstar that won't happen, and before he realizes it, it might be too late to actually remodel the squad with better realistic alternatives.

Robert will say we don't need Verrati because he's scouting the next south american talent, then said talent will sign for a PL team and we'll end up with Dani Parejo, because of course we'll buy from Valencia... Rendimiento inmediato!

Leo_Messi

Verratti would be the perfect fit and there is an almost unanimous consensus about this being the case in the local media, fan forums, among "experts" and likely within the board as well.

The biggest stumbling block is PSG's unwillingness to sell. Should that ever change, I would be quite hopeful of him actually arriving. Should such a opportunity arise, no matter how small it will be, the board should do everything in their power to buy him this summer.

We are a signing of Verratti, a competent RB, 2-3 other quality/promising/intelligent reinforcements to the squad and selling the deadwood away from becoming all-dominant again.

The possible but highly unlikely signing of Verratti would practically solve all of our midfield troubles. One can always dream.

Windhook

The fact that PSG are free to spend zillions this summer on the market will most likely convince Veratti to stay. On the other hand the minimum fee that PSG might accept for him is around 80m. But do they really need to sell? No.

serghei

Oh noooo, Verratti won't come... how will I sleep at night... Jesus, people are so fixated with this guy. He is just a good player like there are many others. Our success or failure has nothing to do with signing him.

I mean, of all the good subjects we can talk about, somehow hating Gomes and praising Verratti manage to be some of the most intense activities here lately.

His body language says he wants to sign with us, but his mouth doesn't? Please... :lol:

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Oh noooo, Verratti won't come... how will I sleep at night... Jesus, people are so fixated with this guy. He is just a good player like there are many others. Our success or failure has nothing to do with signing him.

I mean, of all the good subjects we can talk about, somehow hating Gomes and praising Verratti manage to be some of the most intense activities here lately.

His body language says he wants to sign with us, but his mouth doesn't? Please... :lol:

I am aware it's very improbable that he'll come this summer, nor do I believe him getting nervous in an interview proves otherwise- except that he is uncomfortable talking about it. But that's it. He is uncomfortable talking about his future when he shouldn't be because supposedly its so set in stone. All that signals to is not that he'll leave, that's extremely far fetched, but that perhaps he considers it. That's really all I meant to say.

Maybe I looked to much into it, you could be right. But I have the habit of discerning between what people appear to say and act, and what their intentions really are. It happens when you live in a crap environment. Sometimes that leads to looking too much into things, i will admit. Also the fact that I really want him in our team could play a part, so I'm holding on to hope that it happens down the line. But you'd be surprised the tongue isn't the only thing that speaks, and his body language left a little room for doubt is all.

Windhook

His body language seems really uncomfortable talking about something he is "so sure of." He's nervous, red in the face and looking away... I'm not saying he'll leave, but I bet deep down inside the idea of joining us is still floating in there.

Nothing suspicious about his body language there. He looks confident, but exhausted, probably because it's a post-match interview, something which explains the red face. Anyway it is what he said - he's staying in Paris.

Home of Barca Fans