Marcelo

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Should have won 8-1 but won 2-1 with an anima. You madridistas are 1st to remind us that should have happened and did happen are very different things after we beat you in clasico, but now you've forgotten that certain piece of wisdom.
Exactly, especially from you, Gio.

Beast

The Observer
dat video :lol: :lol:
someone pls make last 4 years Clasico videos with titles: Barca should have won 10:0, Barca should have won 7:1, Barca should have won 15:2 etc
:lol: seriously
Sadly for you me & Jordan talking about the last game... but bad unrelated excuse noted ;) ...

Maria

Should have won 8-1 but won 2-1 with an anima. You madridistas are 1st to remind us that should have happened and did happen are very different things after we beat you in clasico, but now you've forgotten that certain piece of wisdom.

don't know why you even bother..I remember too well what it has been said after the SF against Chelsea or last year's Supercup to let them get to me. My only concern right now is the game against Valencia, when we will have a clearer picture of where the team stands at this moment.

M

mitkoa7x

the 8-1 didnt happen but this did happen

feet on the ground please.

El Gato

Villarato!

And you think it matters to madridistas and players in the stadium at the moment they're celebrating a WIN over BARCA?

OML

Ursegor

World Champion
Hi.

I came into this thread to manifest that Real Madrid is so shit that even against 10 man Barcelona in their own stadium they can't win by more than 1 goal difference.

That is all. Thank you for your attention.

Beast

The Observer
We are so awfull defensively..more than we were in the worst days under Pep, when he had half of squad injured or dead tired. Now the team had the first proper pre-season in years, but it didn't look like it made any difference.
And I'm sensing that we're going to miss Abi this season more than we did the last one. Tito has to do something to balance the team now that we have 2 off. minded FBs.

In order to play with two attacking FB you know committed CB & DM.. and by committed i mean they don't leave their area otherwise you will see what you saw last Wednesday

Ursegor

World Champion
We are so awfull defensively..more than we were in the worst days under Pep, when he had half of squad injured or dead tired. Now the team had the first proper pre-season in years, but it didn't look like it made any difference.
And I'm sensing that we're going to miss Abi this season more than we did the last one. Tito has to do something to balance the team now that we have 2 off. minded FBs.

The fullbacks aren't the problem. I haven't seen Alba getting embarrassed at all. Have you? Nothing came through on that side. Madrid overloaded the side where Adriano was. All their best chances came through that side with Marcelo and Ronaldo bombarding towards Adriano who was completely out of his depth (rightfully sent off after not even 30 minutes) with Pique trying to cover his ass which left huge gaps at the back for Higuain to exploit. With Alves this will never happen and I guarantee you that. Alves is so so SO important to our system. It's not even funny. Without Alves there was no outlet option to get out of Real's aggressive pressing early on which is also why Xavi lost the ball more than he usually does. Marcelo could bombard forward at will without any fear of leaving gaps behind his back for Alves and Messi to exploit and so on. With Alves we would have withstood their early pressing, they would have tired themselves after the first half (as we've seen they couldn't even keep it up against 10 men in the second half) and we would have won that game. You know why? Because we already did in the first Liga Clasico last season where they applied the same tactics of aggressive pressing. While they were in a much better physical shape as well. And Alves was one of our best players that night (DAT cross to Fabregas).

Alves averaged 71 passes per game last season. More than Iniesta. He's more of a midfield playmaker for us than a simple fullback. Just as a comparison. Di Maria averaged 28 passes per game last season. Özil averaged 47 and he is Real Madrid's main playmaker. Alves is so influental it's not even funny. If that game tought us one thing then it was the importance of Dani Alves to our system.

Not that those "shoud haves" and "woud haves" matter now for the end result but the defense is nowhere near as bad as it looked that night.

slim boogy

The fullbacks aren't the problem. I haven't seen Alba getting embarrassed at all. Have you? Nothing came through on that side. Madrid overloaded the side where Adriano was. All their best chances came through that side with Marcelo and Ronaldo bombarding towards Adriano who was completely out of his depth (rightfully sent off after not even 30 minutes) with Pique trying to cover his ass which left huge gaps at the back for Higuain to exploit. With Alves this will never happen and I guarantee you that. Alves is so so SO important to our system. It's not even funny. Without Alves there was no outlet option to get out of Real's aggressive pressing early on which is also why Xavi lost the ball more than he usually does. Marcelo could bombard forward at will without any fear of leaving gaps behind his back for Alves and Messi to exploit and so on. With Alves we would have withstood their early pressing, they would have tired themselves after the first half (as we've seen they couldn't even keep it up against 10 men in the second half) and we would have won that game. You know why? Because we already did in the first Liga Clasico last season where they applied the same tactics of aggressive pressing. While they were in a much better physical shape as well. And Alves was one of our best players that night (DAT cross to Fabregas).

Alves averaged 71 passes per game last season. More than Iniesta. He's more of a midfield playmaker for us than a simple fullback. Just as a comparison. Di Maria averaged 28 passes per game last season. Özil averaged 47 and he is Real Madrid's main playmaker. Alves is so influental it's not even funny. If that game tought us one thing then it was the importance of Dani Alves to our system.

Not that those "shoud haves" and "woud haves" matter now for the end result but the defense is nowhere near as bad as it looked that night.

So so true. Wish more so called football experts could read this. Alves is so underrated. Some fools still think he is weak defensively. the truth is the guy is a beast defensively and offensively

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Excellent post, Ursegor, I agree 100%. Either way it's early doors - Better to learn these things and make mistakes at the start of the season.

Home of Barca Fans