Marc Muniesa

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Muniesa will play with first team in the pre-season according to Sport Some people maybe think he will be a benchwarmer since we already have so many other CBs, but imo we should send Caceres on a loan and se how it turns out for him. For some reason I think that Caceres will never play for our first team, he doesn't have 'it'.

il pepe

Muniesa will play with first team in the pre-season according to Sport Some people maybe think he will be a benchwarmer since we already have so many other CBs, but imo we should send Caceres on a loan and se how it turns out for him. For some reason I think that Caceres will never play for our first team, he doesn't have 'it'.
a very expensive player then, if he doesn't have it... Still believe in Caceres. i think he'll come good. But loaning him out could help that indeed.

veryfatchocobo

I don't know why Pep went for Henrique and Caceres when we have Muniesa. He's much more composed than Caceres and probably Henrique <_<.

They won't start in the future, either. I bet $100 that Pique-Muniesa is the future partnership, not Pique-Henrique or Pique-Caceres.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
a very expensive player then, if he doesn't have it... Still believe in Caceres. i think he'll come good. But loaning him out could help that indeed.

VERYexpensive! I don't really understand how we reasoned when we bought him for 17 mil euro when we have our own La Masia players? For that kind of money we could amost get a proven CB and not a 20 year old with potential?! After Hleb (in retrospective, cause' Hleb could have been good for our side) Caceres must have been the worst transfer.

il pepe

I don't know why Pep went for Henrique and Caceres when we have Muniesa. He's much more composed than Caceres and probably Henrique <_<.

They won't start in the future, either. I bet $100 that Pique-Muniesa is the future partnership, not Pique-Henrique or Pique-Caceres.
You nor the technical staff could have forseen that Muniesa would be this good.
And even then:

He's still very young, and way of a first team spot imo.
He doesn't even have Barca Atletic experience...

Let the kid grow in his own pace, and if he's ready then he'll make the first team.

He played only 20 min with the first team, and sat on the bench for the other game.
Pep has faith in the kid, but you don't make a season with only 20 min...

maz

I walk the line
Also, Dont forget muniesa has probably been playing week in week out whereas cáceres is only playing in training. Muniesa looked good, but i wouldnt say sell cáceres because we have muniesa. I think cáceres will turn into a solid defender.

Warik

Muniesa has been injured most of the season maz. He had a 10 month injury layoff. Came back was MOM in our Juvenil A winning the Spanish Champions Cup for that age group, then went off to the U-17 European Championships and was amazing there...then straight into our first team...

maz

I walk the line
Ok i stand corrected. Although i guess its still fair to say muniesa was sharper coming into the osasuna game than cáceres is when he plays. Its just theres a lot of hate for cáceres, but i feel he will prove many people wrong, even if it isnt at this club.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
We have to hold onto this one! i think he will be solid! only seventeen and so composed shame he got a red i would have liked to see him against deportivo la coruna

beef-supreme

We have to hold onto this one! i think he will be solid! only seventeen and so composed shame he got a red i would have liked to see him against deportivo la coruna

Not so composed then, is he? :lol:

Anyway, it would have been impossible to integrate Muniesa into the first team like Cáceres, and as much as some of you would have preferred that, than to have splashed out on Martin, it just couldn't have been foreseen. For one, Muniesa was 16 at the start of the season - it would be impossible to bring a 16 year-old in, who as far as i know didn't even participate in pre-season. He doesn't even play in Atlètic yet! Just in the youth team. Secondly, Muniesa impressed in the games he played nearer to the rear-end of the season. You can't predict his form like that. Thirdly, who knows how such a young Muniesa would have handled the matches that Cáceres partook in. Too young to test like that. Fourthly, you can't judge Marc based on 20 minutes of play, while Martin has played around 1500. While he was played irregularly, he did get his minutes and the fact that he had had first team experience before was crucial. You can't just expect a kid to fill in... Which leads onto the final point - when Cáceres played he was hardly as disastrous as he is made out to be. In fact he even played some good games. The bitterness is exaggerated by the hefty price tag and the ever-so-high expectations of culés - while Piqué came in and way into the season just went WHAAAM Cáceres never did the same, and that's a bit of an unfair comparison in a way.

Let's loan Cáceres out if he really won't get playing time; as a defender, time is on his side.

il pepe

Not so composed then, is he? :lol:

Anyway, it would have been impossible to integrate Muniesa into the first team like Cáceres, and as much as some of you would have preferred that, than to have splashed out on Martin, it just couldn't have been foreseen. For one, Muniesa was 16 at the start of the season - it would be impossible to bring a 16 year-old in, who as far as i know didn't even participate in pre-season. He doesn't even play in Atlètic yet! Just in the youth team. Secondly, Muniesa impressed in the games he played nearer to the rear-end of the season. You can't predict his form like that. Thirdly, who knows how such a young Muniesa would have handled the matches that Cáceres partook in. Too young to test like that. Fourthly, you can't judge Marc based on 20 minutes of play, while Martin has played around 1500. While he was played irregularly, he did get his minutes and the fact that he had had first team experience before was crucial. You can't just expect a kid to fill in... Which leads onto the final point - when Cáceres played he was hardly as disastrous as he is made out to be. In fact he even played some good games. The bitterness is exaggerated by the hefty price tag and the ever-so-high expectations of culés - while Piqué came in and way into the season just went WHAAAM Cáceres never did the same, and that's a bit of an unfair comparison in a way.

Let's loan Cáceres out if he really won't get playing time; as a defender, time is on his side.
+1

Home of Barca Fans