Marc Cucurella

xXKonan

Miguel Rico, says he was offered to Betis but they turned him down and Betis prefers Miranda if we want to settle a deal for Junior.

xXKonan

[tw]1151943672021340160[/tw]

We loaned him out to Getafe with a 6 Million euro buy option +40 Percent Sell on fee.

:confused:

Saladin

This looks like an awful deal but could potentially be a very wise decision by the board.

Cucu was bought back for 4 million euros after we sold him off to Eibar for 2 mil. euros; that's a 2 mil. euro investment for a potential deal worth 4 mil euros + a big percentage of a future deal, should he develop in Getafe. If he was to be sold off by Getafe for 20-30 mil euros, we would get a lot more for him in total than just selling him off now for 4-6 mil euros.

gregorrin10

lol I thought we got him back to get an instant profit...and considering his last season we could've gotten at least double what we paid to get him back. Someone from abroad would've paid 10-12M easily. Now we paid 4M just to MIGHT get 6M next summer and to a Madrid club nonetheless...another brilliant piece of business by this Board :lol:

xXKonan

40% sell-on fee is good but I hate that it feels like we caved to the first offer we get for Cucurella and it happened to be Getafe of all clubs.

If Cucu really had offers from German teams, I feel like we could have waited it out a bit more to see what they would offer.

MTL_Barca

Strange deal. No immediate profit and pretty much banking on these 40%. Tbf if he does well there that could pay off, but still doesn't sound amazing.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
lol I thought we got him back to get an instant profit...and considering his last season we could've gotten at least double what we paid to get him back. Someone from abroad would've paid 10-12M easily. Now we paid 4M just to MIGHT get 6M next summer and to a Madrid club nonetheless...another brilliant piece of business by this Board :lol:

It might so be the case that the board actually thinks he will develop into a good player - And the Real's recent success showed that clubs who buy your youth products develop them better than the ones who loan them. More they invest, the better.

Going by the board's fetish for players with La Liga experience (*cough* Kevin Prince *cough*), they probably want him to ply his trade in La Liga.

And above all, we also have a stupid brain at helm who can't improve a player if his life depended on it! So, all the more reason for the board to sell him.

For all the stupidity of the board this one is not one of their trademark stupid decisions imo.

Last edited:

Messi983

Do you really believe we would accept this deal if we would have much better offers? And well, he also has to agree to go to whatever club we want to sell him so even if we potentially had a better offer (but not much better) and he wouldn't accept that there is not much we could do.

We had to bring him back for 4M or we would just give him away to Eibar for 2M. So basically what we invested is 2M net.

We can get 6M next year if Getafe decides to buy him. And then let's say if they sell him for 15M in two years we get additional 6M. Or assuming that Getafe would get offers around 15M we could also use those 40% to negotiate and instead buy him back for 9M and then re-sell him for more or even keep him. That's if he'll actually play as a LB (which I doubt) and do well.

40% sell-on fee is good but I hate that it feels like we caved to the first offer we get for Cucurella and it happened to be Getafe of all clubs.

If Cucu really had offers from German teams, I feel like we could have waited it out a bit more to see what they would offer.

But what if he prefers to stay in Spain instead of going to Germany? There was obviously no top club or an EPL club willing to offer him big wages to convince him going abroad so if he had pretty comparable offers from let's say Frankfurt (I think they were the most interested) and Getafe he just decided to stay in Spain. Getafe is also playing in Europe this season and I think he'll have a similar role there (playing as a LM/LW) than he had at Eibar so he won't need too much time to adapt.

Last edited:

giorgoXXI

I don't get how Madrid gets 40m for Llorente and we can only get a 6m obligatory purchase option for players of a similar level.

Messi983

1. Llorente is a much better player than Cucu. He's a future Spain NT player after he'll get regular minutes at AM. As much as I like Cucu he'll probably never play for Spain. He's not good enough defensively to play as a LB and not great enough offensively to get opportunity as a winger.

2. RM sold Llorente to their rivals who are financially also much stronger than a midtable club like Getafe.

3. We suck at selling while RM is good. But we don't suck as much as people think and RM is not as great as people believe either.

Last edited:

ALEX_CARDO

I thought they'll use Cucurella as a backup for Alba. For me, the transfer to Getafe is awful deal. The only good thing that can happen is Cucurella to improve significantly and be sold for 30+M so we get a good amount of money OR we buy him back and lower the price with our 40% clause.

Home of Barca Fans