Marc Bartra

Trequartista

The good
Really impressive tonight,I didnt use to rate that guy and I thought that there would be some problems for Bartra and Fontas tonight but he was great today,some great tackles,Comfortable in the build up,him and Fontas represent different types of defenders as Bartra is a more of a blocker,anyway I still tip Fontas to become the better from the duo but that guy is really better than I thought

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Solid match. He's usually shaky in Segunda matches but tonight he brought it all. Hope he continues.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I can't be so biased as Catalan press so I'm gonna say that Bartra didn't have a good match. His runs are ok but that's not his job. That Ceuta guy did a number on him and he's not exactly a Ronaldo. I noticed he has problems with his positioning having seen him with the B team this season and generally think that Fontas, Muniesa and Gomez are ahead of him. Don't know about Montoya though but it doesn't matter as Bartra hasn't played a RB this season, at least not that I know of.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, overall, I think Bartra's performance was underwhelming no doubt...The positional awareness, or lack thereof, was clear even on another attack from Ceuta...We've discussed how he's played both CB & RB and I wonder if that's part of the problem - analogous to Caceres' and Abidal's...Wide defenders who move inside don't instinctively position themselves where they should be all the time...But the way he left the #10 just get past him on the goal was not the level of defending one would expect from a club like Barca

Fontas much more natural in that CB atm

Trequartista

The good
a bit disaaponting but he was not that bad,he was one of our best performers and at such young age,he cannot reproduce those performances against men every week,but yeah Fontas is far better than him at the moment but Pep picked Bartra bec Fontas is a LCB just like Milito,we have many talents in that position,I have a feeling that Muniesa will be a LB,I am sure that Fontas will make it here,Gomez,Bartra,Edu will fight to make it here,we will see what happens soon

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
a bit disaaponting but he was not that bad,he was one of our best performers and at such young age,he cannot reproduce those performances against men every week,but yeah Fontas is far better than him at the moment but Pep picked Bartra bec Fontas is a LCB just like Milito,we have many talents in that position,I have a feeling that Muniesa will be a LB,I am sure that Fontas will make it here,Gomez,Bartra,Edu will fight to make it here,we will see what happens soon

The future is looking very bright indeed.

Koma

Man, if i had 1$ every time i read ''The future is bright for Barcelona''... :)
But it is true, our boys our good and i have noo doubt that Bartra will make it in our team. He didn't had good game against Ceuta, but even the best players in the world have a bad day.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I don't know quite what to make of Bartra...There are aspects to his game I really like but there are those that make me concerned too...Offensively, he's an eager beaver going forward which fits in with the model of the club but defensively he's been skinned like Caceres on more than one occasion

I remember reading a season or two ago that there was a chance he was deemed surplus and going to be let go...So something changed but I suspect the defensive failings are what have been at issue, most of all

He's got some great touch on the ball for a big lad though

Home of Barca Fans