Marc Bartra

xXKonan

Bartra,Fontas,Gomez,Muniesa,Montoya etc it's pretty remarkable that despite how hyped up they were (Well at least in Bartra,Muniesa,Montoya) they never did make it here.

Poor Muniesa though it's a shame injuries plagued him.

Messi983

Muniesa. :( I highly believe he'd still be with us and most likely a starter alongside Pique if not for injuries.

Didn't watch the game yesterday. Was Bartra really that bad?

BBZ8800

Barcelona created 1 Barca's level (Puyol) player in the last 20 years.
And one useful player, Oleguer.

We should remember that the next time when we start to read articles about the next, big thing (regarding La Masia Cbs).

I had wrote before some stats, Barca is quite successful is developing midfielders for our style.
We are weakest in creating Cbs and attackers.
But Cb position has been with the lowest amount of success.

xXKonan

I wonder why we struggle to develop a top prospect CBs in house in comparison to other teams? La Masia obviously has a great reputation in developing players but when it comes to CBs/Defenders we aren't doing as well in that area.

BBZ8800

I wonder why we struggle to develop a top prospect CBs in house in comparison to other teams? La Masia obviously has a great reputation in developing players but when it comes to CBs/Defenders we aren't doing as well in that area.

Look at our La Masia starters in the last 20-ish years:
Gk: Valdes
Cbs: Puyol, Oleguer, Pique
Fullbacks: Sergi
Midfielders: Guardiola, Xavi, Gabri, Motta, Iniesta, Busquets, Thiago, Fabregas, Rafinha
Attackers: Messi, Pedro

** I forgot Pique, so we actually had 2-3 good Cbs.

But still, look at the amount of midfielders, and then the amount of defenders, fullbacks and attackers.

It seems that La Masia's style of training kids is suitable for creating Barca's midfielders (probably because of tons of technical-based trainings with passing, movement, triangles and similar).
With Cbs or attackers, we are just meh.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I didn't watch the game. But BVB fans seem to be saying that their whole left side was shit, and that they are happy to have Marc, who's only apparent issue is inconsistency.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartra was dumb enough to "troll" Casillas with that goal. He should have known that was coming.

El Flaco

Marc trolled already back.

[tw]844144082754658305[/tw]

Translation: "Have you caught it yet or not?"

Oh ok, thought it was the other way round.

Nope, you're correct actually.

Bartra's tweet was a response of Casillas reminding him about Bale's goal.

The ex-Barcelona, now Borussia Dortmund, defender was doing an Instagram live video when Casillas added a mischievous comment.

[...]

Later Bartra hit back with a tweet. He posted images of his goal against Madrid in the same game, a header that beat Casillas.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...casillas-trolling-battle-social-media-5914081

Home of Barca Fans