Manchester United

S7_MUFC

I don't necessarily think so. Chelsea have a very young team and all there star performers are in there early-mid 20's. City too have moved a lot of dead wood and older players and in the end FFP might not affect them if they continue to increase revenues and slowly lower there losses. United on the other hand need to replace, the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand in next few years and there best player is going to turn 30 next month.
I have to agree about chelsea having amazing squad but most of the players you mentioned are recent signings and it shows that if you can spend the money than you can go from having an ageing squad to squad like chelsea's in just a couple of seasons. If things start going wrong than united will easily spend £100m+ to keep pace with the likes of chelsea and city,we will also see incrase in revenue of around £80m-£100m in the next two seasons so money is not going to be a problem but we 'need to copy chelsea's strategy of going for best young players and I dont think city have better squad than united's and with so many clubs funded by sugar daddies the appeal of signing for chelsea and city will decline........

Banana-Rama

All it takes is a few years of poor management and Football moves on. Money is important but even with there big revenues, United can't compete with likes of Chelsea or City in a Spending race so it all comes down to them being smarter and better run(which is what they have been for past 20 years). I personally don't rate Moyes at all as a manager and do think he will fail but I am not sure if that will result in a long term decline of United.(That all depends on how smart there owners are if the things go bad)

FFP will curb the spending of Chelsea and City and already is, they both walked away from signing Cavani and Falcao because they were too expensive. Manchester United will have no problem competing financially, united can and will spend big to continue competing. united's revenue is far bigger then any other club in england, if FFP is properly enforced that will actually put united at a financial advantage as united's revenue dwarfs that of city/chelsea. as for moyes, he may be a success or he may not be, but there won't be any shortage of top managers wanting the job after moyes that is for sure.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Man u are stupid rejecting £10m plus Mata or Luiz.

Mata is awesome and better than Rooney. Man U should have snapped him up and use that £10m to add to their funds for a CM.

Meitux

Why would you believe that this is true?If it is its Chelsea that are the idiots offering one of their best players + money

Ursegor

World Champion
Questionable man management from Moyes. He really called Rooney "cover for Robin van Persie"? lol And why does he publicly have a go at him like this: "I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team." :lol:

Meitux

Yeah he said he would be backup to Van Persie if he gets injured or something,i think he will play Kagawa as attacking midfielder

DavidVillano1

As I posted in the Rooney thread, Chelsea confirm the bid but deny a player was part of that bid. Say the stories coming from Australia(United on pre season there) are false. Strange that they would add that Australia part in to the statement.

Banana-Rama

Yeah he said he would be backup to Van Persie if he gets injured or something,i think he will play Kagawa as attacking midfielder

people really should try reading the actual quotes, moyes didn't say that at all, it is just the media twisting his words. rooney wants out and is making up all kinds of excuses to justify moving, moyes has been nothing but complimentary about rooney since taking over and said quite clearly that he wants to play rooney and van persie together not one or the other. if rooney wants to leave he should man up and say so and own up to the real reasons why, instead of feeding stories to the papers and hiding behind the media. it seems as tho he relies on his advisors to tell him what to think and say and he cannot make his own decisions...

S7_MUFC

I think Moyes meant that if Van persie is injured than Rooney will be the talisman who can carry the team and let's face it if without either van persie or Rooney in the team we will struggle to finish in top4.....

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Haha, I'm just messing around. I'm glad Chelsea set a limit on what they are willing to spend, though I heard they aren't expecting a deal to be completed until our sides meet on matchday 2 at the earliest. I hate these silly drawn out transfer sagas, so draining.

I think it'd be wise not to pin too much hope on landing Cesc, especially after Thiago got sold. You guys have any other targets?

Banana-Rama

Haha, I'm just messing around. I'm glad Chelsea set a limit on what they are willing to spend, though I heard they aren't expecting a deal to be completed until our sides meet on matchday 2 at the earliest. I hate these silly drawn out transfer sagas, so draining.

I think it'd be wise not to pin too much hope on landing Cesc, especially after Thiago got sold. You guys have any other targets?

i think it is a case of what midfielders are left at this stage, running very low on options in terms of midfielders who are good enough now. i heard that madrid have put in a massive bid for vidal, if that is true and it goes through then surely modric will be moved on, would love him at united. other then that we are looking at the likes of fellaini, cabaye, mccarthy etc, i don't think there is any point signing any of them personally, no better then what we already have...

Jenks

If you have a buy-back clause on Morrison you should activate it. Calmed down a lot now and had been putting in some very classy performances for Birmingham. Tearing it up in pre-season for West Ham too apparently.

S7_MUFC

If you have a buy-back clause on Morrison you should activate it. Calmed down a lot now and had been putting in some very classy performances for Birmingham. Tearing it up in pre-season for West Ham too apparently.

I don't think we a have buy back clause and I am still not sure about his attitude and it could send wrong message to other youngsters....Although it's good to see fans weren't overrating Pogba and Morrison.....

Home of Barca Fans