Manchester United

Yannik

Telles and Van De Beek are somewhat "okay" deals. The rest screams "panic buy".

Cavani is 33 and past it, gets a 10m sign on and probably the same in wages. Fun fact: Literally said some time ago "If I joined United, then it would be for money".
Pellestri (10-15m) and Traore (30m), potentially 45m for completely unknown players. Traore won't even join until January, and what motivation would Atalanta have now to give him more playtime?

And what else? Plan A Sancho was a disaster class in transfer dealing. Plan B Dembele not coming either. Now either Bakary Sarr panic buy for 50-60m or noone, which is equally worse.
Man like Woodward didn't even adress the defense, those guys just came from a 1-6 battering and have slabhead captaining the titanic. Betting 10 EUR Woodward struggles to get a deal done with the security company protecting his house from the horde of angry Twitter people.

Last edited:

Yannik

United vs Barca for 'most incompetent board in football'

It's up there for debate, but I do think the Sancho saga triumphs over anything I've seen.

Just for some perspective: They were busy 2 months trying to lowball a club that set a price and date for a deal to happen and reiterated they won't be open to anything after that. And in that 8 weeks where they "prepared offers" and "agreed agent fees" and pointless shit they seemed physically unable to do a second thing at the same time. There's apparently dudes existing who can't breath and walk at the same time. Woodward deadass is that dude.

No Plan B lined up. 8 weeks wasted to come in splashing the panic cash 6 hours before the window on anything but actual reinforcements. I exclude Telles because I think he's actually a great player that'll walk into their starting eleven. But aside from that? Yeah they got VDB, congratz, not like he seems to be starting over the rest is he?

What else is there.. They couldn't ship Romero out. Uniteds goalkeeper trio is still on 475 pounds a week. The fuck??! For what? These fools can't even catch Covid.

Oh yeah before I forget they were actually in for Thiago for a reasonable 30m price and still went with that "oh but if we're going to wait until 2 Minutes and 17 seconds before deadline, we can lower that fee to 27.5m muahaha". Well yeah, good job, he went to Liverpool.

Last edited:

Morten

And huge fanbase. But yes, the Premier League is heads and shoulders above everyone else when it comes to marketing power and influence.

Clearly they have a lot of resources over there, when they can afford to spend 80 millions on frauds who play CB.

Givenchy

It's up there for debate, but I do think the Sancho saga triumphs over anything I've seen.

Just for some perspective: They were busy 2 months trying to lowball a club that set a price and date for a deal to happen and reiterated they won't be open to anything after that. And in that 8 weeks where they "prepared offers" and "agreed agent fees" and pointless shit they seemed physically unable to do a second thing at the same time. There's apparently dudes existing who can't breath and walk at the same time. Woodward deadass is that dude.

No Plan B lined up. 8 weeks wasted to come in splashing the panic cash 6 hours before the window on anything but actual reinforcements. I exclude Telles because I think he's actually a great player that'll walk into their starting eleven. But aside from that? Yeah they got VDB, congratz, not like he seems to be starting over the rest is he?

What else is there.. They couldn't ship Romero out. Uniteds goalkeeper trio is still on 475 pounds a week. The fuck??! For what? These fools can't even catch Covid.

Oh yeah before I forget they were actually in for Thiago for a reasonable 30m price and still went with that "oh but if we're going to wait until 2 Minutes and 17 seconds before deadline, we can lower that fee to 27.5m muahaha". Well yeah, good job, he went to Liverpool.

were they really unwilling to pay the 30mil for Thiago? looks more like they showed interest and tried to 'save face' as he would probably reject them for Liverpool

KingLeo10

And huge fanbase. But yes, the Premier League is heads and shoulders above everyone else when it comes to marketing power and influence.

United are behind other historical giants like RM (top), Barca/Bayern/Liverpool(second) and even Milan if they ever come out of the dead.

They're in the second rung of historical giants along with Juve and Inter and Ajax.

Mateka

Pogba trumps any Sancho deal. Pogba leaves Utd for 1.5 million. He then resigned four years later, for a world-record ?89m transfer back to Manchester United.
Some now want him out the side.

Home of Barca Fans