Manchester United

GiantKiller

that is the biggest bullshit ever, van persie is a world class player either as a number 10 or main striker, he has wonderful technique and sets up goals for other players all the time, he is more creative then benzema when it comes to setting up other players.........

Ah :O. I've always thought discussions are friendly so you might want to calm down, now. Besides, why do you get the impression that I'm belittling someone else when I say that 'A is better than B'? So, I'm going to skip to the last ( in bold ) part of your post. Benzema this season has more assists than RVP despite the former playing a lot less matches and obviously not being on the form he was at throughout the last season. That suggests that something else if you ask me....

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Last season, Ozil would rape United's defense with his eyes closed. This season? He's sucked. Di Maria, last season, was freaking Messi compared to Valencia and Young. Now? They're about the same. RVP is better than Benzema in every way I can think of. The numbers speak for themselves. The only positions Madrid have an advantage in is GK, LB, and LW.

GiantKiller, have you seen RVP's corners and free kicks? They're all excellent, pinpoint deliveries. Perhaps Benzema is better at setting up players on the ground, but I'd still take Van Persie over him in a heartbeat.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Manchester United have looked alot better defensively since Vidic has come back & have started to play some good stuff + Van Persie is on fire, United will pass Madrid IMO, on the account that Madrid are playing shockingly bad performance wise this season.

Last season, Ozil would rape United's defense with his eyes closed. This season? He's sucked. Di Maria, last season, was freaking Messi compared to Valencia and Young. Now? They're about the same. RVP is better than Benzema in every way I can think of. The numbers speak for themselves. The only positions Madrid have an advantage in is GK, LB, and LW.

GiantKiller, have you seen RVP's corners and free kicks? They're all excellent, pinpoint deliveries. Perhaps Benzema is better at setting up players on the ground, but I'd still take Van Persie over him in a heartbeat.

I would say RM have advantage over Man Utd on both fullbacks, both wingers and most certainly the CMs....no matter how crap Khedira is compared to Barcas midfield boss Busquets, he is most certainly better than Carrick or Cleverly. Strikers Man Utd are superior and also just edge the CB (Depends on how "back" Vidic is)

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Khedira, maybe, Di Maria, doubtfully, and I really don't think Arbeloa is better. His best performance is still meh, and he hasn't had his best performances this season. And Carrick and Cleverly have been great the past few games, although they haven't really been up against anyone good.

Banana-Rama

I would say RM have advantage over Man Utd on both fullbacks, both wingers and most certainly the CMs....no matter how crap Khedira is compared to Barcas midfield boss Busquets, he is most certainly better than Carrick or Cleverly. Strikers Man Utd are superior and also just edge the CB (Depends on how "back" Vidic is)

Khedira is not better then Carrick, he does not have anywhere like the passing ability that Carrick has, put Khedira in united's centre mid and he wouldn't control games or be as influential as Carrick is to united, and arbeloa is not a better right back then rafael............

Fishdoll

Bakalao
*raises fin* Quick question for United fans from someone who hasn't watched much English football in the last...eh, let's call it a decade.

What shape is the current United midfield in? Does it in any way compare to the Keane-Giggs-Scholes-Beckham midfield of the late 90s?

Ursegor

World Champion
What shape is the current United midfield in? Does it in any way compare to the Keane-Giggs-Scholes-Beckham midfield of the late 90s?

Well. Considering that Giggs and Scholes are still starting games for United, one could say the shape hasn't changed too much. :pep:

footyfan

Calma, calma
The games are a month and a half away. If (and it's a very likely-to-happen if) Madrid regain some sort of 2011/12 form, I don't see United progressing. Players like Di Maria and Ozil have way too much quality to be shit for extended periods.

For me, if you consider players in standard/expected form:

RvP > Benzema
Ozil > Rooney/Kagawa
Di Maria > Valencia/Young
Alonso/Khedira > Carrick/Cleverley
Ramos/Pepe > Vidic/Ferdinand/Evans
Ronaldo > Man Utd

IMO Scholes is a wild card. He could prove the difference but I don't think he will play the games.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
In current form though:

RvP >>>> Benzema
Ozil < Rooney/Kagawa
Di Maria = Valencia/Young
Alonso/Khedira = Carrick/Cleverley
Ramos/Pepe = Vidic/Ferdinand/Evans
Ronaldo ≥ Man Utd

karthik

Manchester have been looking awful in Europe for the past two seasons, but their big players I feel will come for the rescue. A game like this was necessary for both the teams to gauge where they stand. Im sure, United will be a handful for Real Madrid CF whether the latter is on the best of form or not.

Ursegor

World Champion
United can beat Real. They can even outplay them. But Fergie must get it right. RvP as the #9. Kagawa behind. Rooney on LW drifting centrally (interchanging positions with Kagawa). Nani RW pinning Marcelo back. Fergie needs to get his most talented players on the pitch. There is no way the Madrid defense will handle that attacking lineup. If Fergie goes with Young and Valencia upfront or Giggs in midfield however, United will get dicked. RvP+Rooney+Kagawa+Nani isn't less of a threat than Ronaldo+Benzema+Özil+Di Maria. It's pretty much equal. The United frontline is more hardworking and has more goals in them actually. I hope Fergie has watched Dortmund play. He has all the players at his hands to emulate that high pressure counterattacking style. Kagawa is intelligent and will pressure the shit out of Xabi Lolonso. RvP will occupy Pablo and Horseface which will allow Rooney to sneak one in. RvP is also very good in the air and with freekicks. He might test Adan's reflexes on a few occasions.

Khedira is not better then Carrick, he does not have anywhere like the passing ability that Carrick has, put Khedira in united's centre mid and he wouldn't control games or be as influential as Carrick is to united, and arbeloa is not a better right back then rafael............

Khedira is better is better than Carrick in most aspects, most certainly in the defending role, besides Khedira has Alonso/Modric to partner him both who are superior passers of the ball compared to Carrick or Cleverly so I don't think he has to worry too much about hes passing

footyfan

Calma, calma
United can beat Real. They can even outplay them. But Fergie must get it right. RvP as the #9. Kagawa behind. Rooney on LW drifting centrally (interchanging positions with Kagawa). Nani RW pinning Marcelo back. Fergie needs to get his most talented players on the pitch. There is no way the Madrid defense will handle that attacking lineup. If Fergie goes with Young and Valencia upfront or Giggs in midfield however, United will get dicked. RvP+Rooney+Kagawa+Nani isn't less of a threat than Ronaldo+Benzema+Özil+Di Maria. It's pretty much equal. The United frontline is more hardworking and has more goals in them actually. I hope Fergie has watched Dortmund play. He has all the players at his hands to emulate that high pressure counterattacking style. Kagawa is intelligent and will pressure the shit out of Xabi Lolonso. RvP will occupy Pablo and Horseface which will allow Rooney to sneak one in. RvP is also very good in the air and with freekicks. He might test Adan's reflexes on a few occasions.

The Madrid defence has handled Barcelona quite well over the past year so they're not as bad as you make them sound. United will not go for a counter-attacking style and will play Young and Valencia. I don't see how United's frontline has more goals than Madrid's. Just because the goals are concentrated with 1 player doesn't make the front 4 as a whole less of a threat. United always struggles against players who play in between the lines like Ozil. Ozil can take very good free-kicks and corners too.

Home of Barca Fans