Manchester City

barcanuck

Don't be surprised if City win it all this year.

They have unreal depth on mid and attack. Their defense can be better but having power, height and strength in the team reminds me of Pep's first Barca.

Navas, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho, Nasri, Zabaleta the short quick guys mixed in with Dzeko, Jovetic, Yaya, Negredo, Kompany the bigger physical guys.

That's one hell of a mix. If Pelle can get it right don't be shocked to see them in the CL final.

B

beautifulgame

They still need 2-4players because guys like Lescott, Barry, Milner and Rodwell are really poor in my opinion and Micah is a sub at best.

biscuits

Banned
They still need 2-4players because guys like Lescott, Barry, Milner and Rodwell are really poor in my opinion and Micah is a sub at best.
All those guys are not starters, so should they buy world class players only to sit on bench?

Yeah, 2-3 defenders and they can go even for CL

What are you smoking? They have Kompany and Nastasic as starters, Lescott as sub and Garcia, Richards can play CB too. Last seasosn best RB Zabaletta and Clichy as LB, subs Richards, Kolarov. I think thats decent, maybe 1 decent CB they still could buy. But 2,3 defenders lol

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

All those guys are not starters, so should they buy world class players only to sit on bench?

What are you smoking? They have Kompany and Nastasic as starters, Lescott as sub and Garcia, Richards can play CB too. Last seasosn best RB Zabaletta and Clichy as LB, subs Richards, Kolarov. I think thats decent, maybe 1 decent CB they still could buy. But 2,3 defenders lol

Lol they need non-shit players cuz in knockout stages you minimum miss one player sometimes 2 or 3 from starting lineup. Yes, they need a CB too cuz Garcia is not good enough neither. Plus the level drop to those players we mention is too much. if they are to shoot for both league and CL they need some better players for those positions. Imagine Yaya is hurt or suspended them they are in big trouble and couple that with one of other CB or midfielder being out its then a difficult time. Mancini knew this, this is what he was asking too. Perception of City squad being stacked is an illusion.

biscuits

Banned
Lol they need non-shit players cuz in knockout stages you minimum miss one player sometimes 2 or 3 from starting lineup. Yes, they need a CB too cuz Garcia is not good enough neither. Plus the level drop to those players we mention is too much. if they are to shoot for both league and CL they need some better players for those positions. Imagine Yaya is hurt or suspended them they are in big trouble and couple that with one of other CB or midfielder being out its then a difficult time. Mancini knew this, this is what he was asking too. Perception of City squad being stacked is an illusion.

Lol whatever

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol City need more steel in the CL, they aren't going to make the final all of a sudden. They need to make the knockout stages first.

DavidVillano1

Clichy, Kolarov, Richards, Lescott and Garcia are not good enough for a team that would look to compete in the UCL and for the EPL title IMO. At least one of those will start at left back, Nastastic could be out for a while so another will feature if no signings are made.

If Zabaleta or Kompany got injured then City would be in big trouble as they would have a back five with two players not strong enough.

If I was Man City I would get rid of Barry, Rodwell, Sinclair, Kolarov or Clichy and bring in another CB who can play RB, Toby Alderweireld would be perfect and he's available for under £7 million!!! Then sign two or three more players to bulk the squad up especially a LB.

Would leave the squad looking like this;

GKs - Hart, Wright and Pantilimon
RBs - Zabaleta and Richards(Alderweireld)
LBs - Clichy/Kolarov and new LB
CBs - Kompany, Nastastic, Lescott and Alderweireld
CMs - Fernandino, Garcia and Yaya Toure(Milner)
Wide players - Silva, Navas, Nasri, Milner and Jovetic
FWs - Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo(Jovetic)

Then a couple of players for cover, maybe Pepe who is rumoured and a CM/AM.

DavidVillano1

Clichy, Kolarov, Richards, Lescott and Garcia are not good enough for a team that would look to compete in the UCL and for the EPL title IMO. At least one of those will start at left back, Nastastic could be out for a while so another will feature if no signings are made.

If Zabaleta or Kompany got injured then City would be in big trouble as they would have a back five with two players not strong enough.
Stand by this, the defending by Clichy for the first goal was so bad, City missed Kompany.

Also Joe Hart is the most overrated goalkeeper in world football!

B

beautifulgame

City has had the best defense three years running.

Ya thanks to Mancini, yaya and Komp and Hart had form for while. Also their weak defense show in CL clearly. To compete highest level consistently need lb for Clichy and AT least one new backup for Nastic and Komp. But in reality need two new CBS cuz two best injured an will be again likely when spring hit and schedule tight it's likely to miss at least one CB to injury or suspension.

Next summer should find keeper too.

Home of Barca Fans